Mid July 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
This week I'm preparing for our guests that arrive next Sunday. They will stay until Wednesday. I need to have everything in order by Thursday night since we have plans for the weekend.

I'm also adding in a reminder to stretch daily. I have super tight calves in my right leg. It seems to happen every summer. I thought it was the heat but now I think it is because I slip off my shoes when I come inside from gardening so I'm not tracking dirt around the house. I was doing stretches in the winter and wearing comfortable shoes and my leg wasn't hurting as much. I think walking around the house without shoes is causing part of the problem as well as spending a chunk of time sitting and writing at the computer. I am now keeping a pair of sneakers by the door to switch into when I come inside. When I wear my sneakers with good support, the calves don't hurt as much.
  • Grocery Shopping. Done.
  • Plan Menu. Done.
  • Clean Bathrooms. Done.
  • Vacuum/Sweep/Dust Mop/Dust 1st and 2nd floor. Done.
    FlyLady: Bathrooms Just the basics got done this week.
    • Dust top of fan
    • Clean Windows.
    • Wipe down wall and door jambs.
  • Pay bills. Done.
  • Weed one flower bed. Done.
  • Shred Paper. Done.
  • Digital Photo Decluttering - 15 mins. a day
  • Work off of Holiday Spruce Up list. Getting there...Dh is helping. He power washed most of the siding and cleaned most of the gutters on Saturday and Sunday. I'll have to finish up the side and back of the garage as well as the back of the house.
    • Made up a batch of taco seasoning, Good Seasoning Italian dry mix and pizza sauce seasoning.
  • Prepare for guests: Air mattresses, sheets, towels, menu In progress
Daily: Morning and Evening stretching exercises It's been more like morning or evening stretching exercises.

Last edited:

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Mary- I notice that my calves hurt sometimes from going barefoot or wearing certain sandals. It's not all the time which is weird, but every once in a while.

Appointments:
[X] [X] Soccer practices (Mon, Wed)
[X] Pick up mom from airport!! (Tue)
[X] Soccer games (Sat)

School:
[X] Mentor Call (Tue)
[ ] Finish resume (going to have mom help me)

Chores:
[X] Finish up DS's room for mom
[X] Grocery shop- will do just a little because will need to go with mom when she comes since she has a special diet
[X] Mow yard
[X] Water plants

Other:
[X] Make kids physical appointments for end of month
[X] School supply shop (Mon)

My week is very light because my mom will be here on Tuesday around lunchtime until the night of the 28th. I have NO appointments scheduled for the entire time she is visiting and DH is taking leave as well for 3 weeks, so the entire time she is here plus some. We have a big list of things to do, not sure we will get to it all but we'll definitely hit the major things. I haven't seen my mom in the two years since we moved to the island so i'll be soaking up every second with her and taking loads of photos. :) I wish we didn't have soccer but that's just how the season fell. At least she'll get to see the kids play!

Last edited:
Reactions: DawnSu

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
A different week here as Mum is on holidays. Cold here but Spring is not too far off.

*make work lunches for Monday (X) Tuesday (X)
*wash hair (X)
*washing (X)
*fold washing ( )
*vacuum floors (X)
*clean bathrooms (X)

*be aware of water intake ( ) a bit harder as it is getting cold here
*keep on top of daily routine ( ) trying hard to get back on track

*start/continue/finish one craft project ( ) got to finish those hearts
*start/continue/finish one book (X)
*books back to library (X)
*update planner(X)
*tidy gift closet (X)
*tidy DH cupboards (X)
*meal plan for the coming fortnight (-) I have ideas...
*continue to go through Pinterest pages (-)
*mop floor ( )
*DrillDance training plan (X)
*DrillDance training Wednesday (X)
*grocery shopping Thursday (X)
*wash rubbish/recycling bins ( )....thanks Mary
*decorate Winter wreath ( )
*start to set up planner for Spring cleaning ( )
*declutter photos ( )
*make lemonade (X)
*bake lemon brownies (X)

Seems like much the same list as last week, got to get back on track.

Last edited:

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
My podiatrist told me to wear some type of heal because it shortens the tendons and ligaments. I thought she said not to wear heels and got rid of them. I wear mostly sneakers with a small built up in the heel and do well with them.

Reactions: luludou

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
My week is very light because my mom will be here on Tuesday around lunchtime until the night of the 28th. I have NO appointments scheduled for the entire time she is visiting and DH is taking leave as well for 3 weeks, so the entire time she is here plus some. We have a big list of things to do, not sure we will get to it all but we'll definitely hit the major things. I haven't seen my mom in the two years since we moved to the island so i'll be soaking up every second with her and taking loads of photos. :) I wish we didn't have soccer but that's just how the season fell. At least she'll get to see the kids play!

Have fun with your mom! I am sure she'll be happy to spend time with you guys no matter what the activity is.

Reactions: MrsSoup

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Wednesday night we had a wall of wind blow through here just before a rain storm. It was calm one second, and then all heck broke the next second. The patio gazebo, which is my sanctuary from May through October, was lifted up and tossed to the ground 10 feet away into our hill. It was weighted down with concrete slabs. It was all twisted and the canopy was shredded. :(

Thursday morning, as I am getting into the car, discovered that dd's car had the basketball pole and net on it. Dh and my other dd were already at work so I rallied the rest of us, and we lifted it off the car. There is a nice dent and scratch on the hood. We will take it to the body shop for an estimate and repairs.

We had more flash flooding on Thursday. I feel like every other week is spent doing some sort of storm clean up. :mad:

On a positive note, no one was hurt and the two dead trees haven't fallen down. The tree guys are coming on Tuesday to cut them down and two more trees that are dying. All four trees are ash trees and some insect has taken over the trees and killed them.

We are having four teenage girls join us from Germany on Sunday. I still need to finish getting air mattresses blown up, sheets put on, pillow cases on the pillows, find blankets (just in case the air conditioning is too cold), towels out on the beds and double check the menu. I am looking forward to the visit but this is totally out of my comfort zone. 10 years ago, I would have never even entertained the idea.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary, glad that no one was hurt during the storms.
Have fun with a house full, I am sure that you will do great.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Wow, that was quite a storm! How long are your visitors staying?

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Sorry to hear about the storm damage.