Monday April 6th, 2020

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

I am getting ready to leave for work.

I have our sheets in the washer and started the dishwasher.

Watched some deer in our back field. Was pretty with the fog like at the top of the trees.

Ryan got a call that nobody was around the farm and that cows were all over the road. A friend that goes by that way called him. I am sure Ryan would be trying Mike on the way there. (the owner)

Everybody have a GREAT day.

Manager is on vacation so today Sandy and I.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, MHH Land!

Holy Week has begun. I am going to make a concentrated effort to remember the significance to it all. Good Friday is always hard for me, because Jesus really suffered for us all. And I do mean suffered. Can you imagine being beaten so hard that the skin rips from your body? Can you imagine how that old rough wooden cross felt against that torn back? Can you imagine how much that hurt Him? And yet He did so for you and me! Dear God! I am so unworthy!

I just plan on doing a few things today, because I am still suffering with my back. Lord, I just wish it would stop so I could get things done around here. It is going to be a semi decent day, weather wise. It is going to be cloudy today. Yuck.

Well, I had better get up again. Been up once to use the restroom. I literally staggered to it. Never done that before. I mean it; I staggered. It almost scared me. And no, Lucie, I was not drunk!

Hope each of you has a terrific day! Stay safe and be blessed. And do something nice for yourself!

Ahorsesoul and luludou like this.
  4. frostythesnowman

frostythesnowman Active Member

Good morning/afternoon peeps...Hope everyone is all well today..Its another bright and sunny day here today but not as warm as yesterday...Just back from taking the gals for there daily exercise along the bay...Going to bake cookies with the gals this afternoon then chill out and watch movies...Enjoy your day ahead peeps..Please stay safe and healthy:)

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I had weird dreams all night. My stomach was weird for part of the night and DH was up in the bathroom. I wonder how the kids felt and if it was the McDonalds we had for dinner. Will have to ask them when they get up. I was able to sleep past my 4:42 wake up time to 5:08, so I guess that's something. I hope that continues. It would be nice if I could extend it to 5:30 these days since there is no real rush to get up. We start our day at 8:30 with our walk. Looks like it's going to rain today but I think it will start a little later this morning so we should be able to get our walk in, I hope anyway. Since we didn't do school on Friday i'm just going to use my plan from that day for today. I will be working right alongside the kids today on my school stuff. I've been slacking.

I found two bandanas last night that i'm going to wash and fold into masks. DH dug out one of his small tube like scarves they call a neck gator that he is going to use when he goes into work now that it is mandatory. It's going to be hot on his neck because he just pulls it up, but until they give guidance on what they want them to wear it's what he's got. He may just be able to fold it, will have to see.

DH will pick up two refill prescriptions for me and DD while he's up at Schofield today. I need to work on a grocery list and think about running out. I think Target has hamburger meat. I really don't want to but if DH is going to be going in everyday now I may have to. We'll found out after today what he's going to be doing I hope.

Lana- Hope they can round up the cows without too much trouble.
    Pam- I hope you can get some relief with your back soon.
    Frosty- Do you have Disney+? Do they offer that over there? Definitely nice to have during this time. They are releasing the new movies early like Frozen II and Onward on there.

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Greetings!

It's 56* and sunny today. It should be a high of 62*. It's a bit breezy, so I'm sure it feels less than 56 out there with it.

J went to work today. He's going to look for tp on his way home since it's his only day to work outside of the house. M and H are doing school work or attending online classes. I have a meeting online at 1 until 3. Maddie made my day when she said that you can mute yourself and not have your video up on the screen during the meeting. Yay! I can multi-task.

I showered as soon as I got out of bed, did chores, threw the place mats, oven mitts and drying mat in the washer and dryer, then put them away, did the usual straightening of the household. M seems to think I'm OCD. I may be....just my way to stay in control during this crazy time.

How are you dealing with being home? Several of my friends are going stir crazy and very anxious. They are using that as justification to go out and visit stores even though it is to just be for necessities. I am feeling okay with being home. I'm not bored....yet. I have enough to keep me busy and can find something to do if I start to feel unsettled. I am cleaning, baking, cooking, etc. School is just so very overwhelming and exhausting day after day, that this break in life is much needed for me and the family. M is much more settled, too. I feel safer here. My needs are met and that's really all that I need at this point.

Lana...those cows! It's always an adventure when they get out, isn't it? Hope they get rounded up quickly!
    Pam...take it easy today. We don't need you falling!
    Hi Frosty!
    Hi Jessica!

Take care, be blessed, peace to you!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. girlsinmo

girlsinmo Well-Known Member

Good day everyone. It's supposed to get up to 78 here today. DH has screen down on front door, we'll probably open back door to draw air through the house. A bit stressful here today. DH got some more of his retirement paper faxed in.

The question was asked how are you doing with staying at home? For the most part ok since I am used to it. However, I am not used to having my daily routine through all out of wack. My DH retirement officially starts May 1. I am VERY thankful He won't have to be out every day.

However, my DH while being a good provider is one of the hardheadest man I know. He needs to wear glasses, we have a pair here but he won't wear them. I am a little hard of hearing and ask folks to repeat things or look right at me without mumbling. He is hard of hearing and won't ask for a repeat and think we said things we never said. Scared us earlier. He adds unnecessary stress with his stubborness. Sorry for the rant.

Have a good day all. Stay safe..

Ahorsesoul and teachermomof2 like this.
  8. MrsSoup

Lisa- Surprisingly, i'm not going stir crazy. I'm doing fine being at home and enjoying it. I would love to go to the beach and that is what is bugging me the most, not being able to go to the ocean for that peace in my soul. I am finding other ways though, like daily walks or reading on the porch. DH, on the other hand, is going a bit stir crazy. He is having a hard time sitting still and being cooped up. But he may have to start going to work with this new job. The boys are fine, DS is used to being home and Eli loves it. DD has said something a few times about not being able to go anywhere but she has settled down. She goes on my walks with me and she has taken to reading on the porch or sticking her feet in the pool this weekend and reading in a chair.
    Tricia- So glad he can start so quickly! I'm sure it will take an adjustment having him home all the time but all will be well.

Ahorsesoul and teachermomof2 like this.
  9. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Hello,
    A warmer day here so the kids are happy to be out to play.
    Online schooling started today. DD6 has an online reading program. The books are so easy she read the entire library. She said now her teacher would either have to increase the level she was allowed to read at or she was done with reading for the year. lol I told her if she's done for the year she'll be reading books provided by me.
    The new math frustrates me. It shouldn't take 6 lines to add two 3-digit numbers. I think DH seeing what our fourth grader was doing was an eye opener for him. I think he thought I was exagerating how much further behind they are than we were at that age. He was concerned about what happens when they get to college if it takes a whole sheet of paper and fifteen minutes to do a simple multiplication question. They'll use calculators then I suppose, but still......seems a little overly complicated to me.
    DD9 was trying to solve a question and DD6 peaked over her shoulder and said "That's easy, it's just 3 times 7, so 21" and DD9 said. "Sssh. We're not allowed to know that." lol. I had a teacher explain to me that we now know kids are no longer capable of learning multiplications tables like previous generations because their brains work differently. I refuse to believe that in one generation our brains completely changed. I get having different methods for kids who don't understand one method or another, but forcing everyone to do the ridiculously lengthy method every time after they understand the concept just seems like a formula for making them all hate math. I think once they've been exposed to the various methods and shown they understand them, they should be able to use their preferred one.
    Anyways, that's my little rant for the day.
    Beautiful day out so guess I'll go "walk the perimeter" as they're encouraging us to do.
    Have a good day all!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. frostythesnowman

frostythesnowman Active Member

Good afternoon/evening peeps...Hope everyone is having a good day so far....Enjoyed our long walk along the bay and kids had fun baking cookies..My DW decided she wants to rearrange the living room and maybe re decorate the house since we have some time on our hands...My oldest daughter just bought her first home but with the corona virus here move has been put on hold...Twins enjoyed being outside having fun on there trampoline this afternoon...Going to watch a movie with my DW tonite once the gals are bedded..Enjoy the rest of your day/evening ahead everyone...Please stay safe and healthy:)

Mrs Soup - Yes the gals love Disney+...Frozen II will be released i think in July in the UK on Disney+:)

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

I had to go out to run a couple of errands. Should have done them Friday, when I was already out. But it was sure nice to be warmed by the sun and breathe in the fresh air. Shhhh, don't tell my DD. She would be furious with me. But that is life!

I am so tired, and don't know why. I want a nap, but need to get the sewing started. I need to get out of this crazy rut I am in. But what a beautiful spring day, even if it is a little on the cooler side. I have taken all my meds, but I think I will take some Aleve. Ate my 'brunch'. Had some cheese and crackers and the last piece of lemon meringue pie. So good!

This pandemic will be over sooner than later, I pray. And I pray for each of you...just to get thru the days and nights. It isn't easy. I get tired of being alone, so if you have a spouse and/or children at home, be thankful. Yes, they can get on your last nerve, but be thankful. I need to check my mail. I am just jumping all over the place here. TTYL!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon! slept not so bad, back is starting to feel better. Washed throws and pillows in LR and they are on the clothesline... was thinking of doing lots of outside work today.... it is supposed to be the nicest day of the week... pfffffff! SOOOOOOOOO windy and cold!
    DH was on a skype meeting all morning so I was quiet and checked out some artists on 'Sketchbook Revival', it's 2 weeks of different artists giving 1 free class per day.
    Finished watching a heart-wrenching movie 'Finding a family'.
    DH had a call from social worker for mil and I made a comment afterwards and he just flew off... so I said that's it, don't EVER talk to me about your mother again (unless it's to say how she feels), don't want to know anything else. pfffff! Now he's gone to get some things at the hardware store ... instead of staying here safe ... and if he goes how about buying paint to paint dson's room now that he is gone... of course he said no.... pffffff... Not a good day to be stuck in the house together.

I'm going to read in front of the patio window.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. luludou

haha pam we were writing at the same time... and here I am tired to be 2 in the house today! ... 2 sides of the medal.
    Now you need to go out maximum once 1 week.. even better if you get things delivered. It is dangerous out there!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon windy and the pollen is bad here today. havent felt to good today stomach upset and a little warm. been laying around a lot today

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  15. MrsSoup

Hi again!

We are finished with our homeschool day, got through everything smoothly and on time. Blue Sky sent me free printable planner pages from their teacher planner which I love (they also sent really cool coloring pages, a to-do list page, weekly meal planner page and goal tracker)! I printed them out and used them today to write out my lesson plans, so much easier than what I was using. I have veggie soup cooking on the stove, smells so good. DH has gone up to Schofield to meet his new people. I turned in my second task and scanned all my logs for my third task, just need to do the writing portion.

Maintenance should be coming by sometime today because our bathroom leaked again this morning when it rained. :rolleyes: They need to go into the attic and figure out where it is coming from while it is still wet. I'm going to do my gratitude journal and i'm waiting for today's numbers before I update my pandemic journal.

Faye- I hope you get to feeling better.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  16. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Going into work a bit later today as there are no patients until about 11 am. I am doing my best to cut back hours where I can so that boss does not have to pay me more than needed. I am a little annoyed with the changes at work at the moment, there are no hard and fast decisions and some of the things that boss wants to do I can not imagine working but she wants us to try and implement them. More work for us and I am not sure that the work will reap benefits.
    Having said that I am so glad that I still have a job, I am just so stressed because of the job IYKWIM.

Hoping to get a few things done when I get home tonight. It is dark when I get home now so hard to get motivated, I have started a jigsaw so will try and to continue that.
    Have a great day all, remember to take care

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  17. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Evening, Supper is done. Allen did roast/potatoes/carrots in crockpot and green beans. Had some mac and cheese from last night.

Allen is opening up the garden and hopes to put some plants in tomorrow. Rain to come tomorrow too.

I think I will go to town with him on the Kubota for some fresh air.

In Nashville lots of people out and together. Guess the warm temps about 78 today brought people out and they were more relaxed. Neighborhood kids playing together. WHY?

Taking a teddy bear to work tomorrow to sit in chair out in between our doors. We are locked down so will see if anybody sees it.

Seems we have a few ants here and there thru out the house!

Wonder how Jane is getting along?

Think I will go walk outside. Can smell the dirt.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  18. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! Back to sunny:) and increasing warmth over the next few days. I did sit on the lanai and read a bit - before trying to fall asleep.

Tired because I did not fall asleep until about 5 a.m. Even came downstairs, worked on my puzzle a bit and had a hot chocolate. Hope tonight is better.

I finished my second and last NYS pillow and made the chicken soup for Wednesday. I also made an abbreviated batch of cinnamon buns with a different recipe than my usual one - so, so. Then knitted and read, I asked DH to finish getting his stuff out of the LR but he did nothing - just looks at his phone and watches TV reruns all day. He used to be more lively than this

I don't mind being home that much though I would like more to be in NY. My lanai here is tiny and I have a decent size yard back home where Buffy could run around. Really no place to run her here and day care is closed. She is turning into an old lady dog:)

I would REALLY like to go to a store and shop!

Take care all...

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  19. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Had a wonderful day yesterday with a couple of great Hallmark Christmas movies, My Christmas Love and Holiday for Heroes (have PLENTY of Kleenex ready). Of course it couldn't be a Hallmark Christmas movie session without hot chocolate and lots of whipped cream. Ugh, my waistline really told me what's what when I went to put on my pants for work this morning!

Drove to the Park & Ride to pick up one of the new commuter buses, all regular routes are suspended because there are so many people off work. Got to work at 6:40am and didn't stop until I put my coat on at 3:50pm. I had a lot of printing to do, awards to process, timekeeping logs to reconcile, filing, delivering documents, it was go, go, go. Sat in on the meeting that's usually the conference call when I'm at home, couldn't figure out why I was so sleepy and then I remembered that at home, I usually eat lunch after the call. I had eaten before and was yawning so much!

Got the bus home, tossed all my clothes in the washer, but was too tired to take a shower. It was like a ghost town at work, the buildings are empty with so many teleworking. I don't think I saw more than a handful of people. Wore my mask all day, ugh, it was so uncomfortable, thank goodness I'm not in a professional like painting or blasting things that requires a mask like that all day. I've got a big red mark across my nose.

I'm off to throw some leftover pizza in the oven and enjoy it with another Hallmark movie.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  20. luludou

Evening! took another walk this afternoon and took out my knitting, only did one row. watching another movie 'timeless love', nice one.

Night

Ahorsesoul likes this.