Monday April 8th 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, Apr 8, 2019.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning... A storm day here (or so they say, nothing for now)

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  2. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning to my little stinker and all who follow!

I just tried to poke myself in the eye. Missed my eyeball by about 1/4 inch. And it is my good eye. I have enough trouble with one bad eye. Can you imagine how much worse I would be with TWO?

Bible study this a.m. Our snowbirds are finally home so we will have a full house so to speak. Our church has started a P.E.A.C.E. Crew to help foster kids, esp. When they have to go to court. Kind of like a Big Sister thing. I was a foster kid, so I understand some of what they go thru. I cannot stand to see a child mistreated. And if we go to court, I can be a buffer for them, kind of a protector. The older I get, the more vocal I've become. I won't let anyone hurt them. Not even their own parents. I had been talking to the Lord about it for a while, and decided to get out of my comfort zone. That is a biggie for me.

Well, I have a fingernail that is really bugging me. Better take care of it. I bought a new nail polish Saturday. Supposed to be navy. Uh...no, it was not! It was a deep teal. NOT what I wanted. Ugh! Have a great day. Stay safe and be blessed. My dad used to tell me, "If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours!". Why don't you do that today?

Ahorsesoul and luludou like this.
  3. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning to all. dropped my grandson off at preschool. picked up my clothes from the cleaners then returned movie to redbox. now im ordering hbo to fios games of thrones next week have to see that. suppose to be 75 today a little rain tonite. 80 tomo

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. luludou

Pam - good for you for helping out those kids
    HW2 - hope you have a great day

Posted on my blog - My to-do list for the week is there. So I started deep-spring cleaning ... Kitchen is done! (not the kitchenette :( ) Washed some outside windows (those I can access where there is no snow). Have TONS to do this morning.

Almost 10... and still no snow ... pffff!

Have a great day

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. Doodlebug

Doodlebug Well-Known Member

Well, it is midnight here in Australia. My conference is almost over. Haven’t really gotten to do anything but go to meetings. I will get to go to Phillips Island the day after tomorrow. Really excited about that.

Hope you all have a great day. Need to get some sleep.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. housewife2

im fixing a ham for easter its also dinner for 3 birthdays would meatballs be ok ? i have several vegetables rolls a couple desserts just wanted another meat besides ham

luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  7. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Meatballs would be a great addition. LC1 always makes Swedish Meatballs at Easter with her ham.

housewife2 likes this.
  8. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Meatballs? Yes!

housewife2 likes this.
  9. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I am having tummy troubles since last night, not sure why. I have nothing on my schedule today so that's a good thing so I can be close to the bathroom. I will work on schoolwork all day. I should be able to get a lot done. The iPad is charged so I will sit on the porch and read my chapters I think, get some fresh air.

Alice seems to be back to normal so no need to contact customer support. Today will be Eli's first time wearing his new watch to school so hopefully no incidents. I have told him the rules about it. I think he'll be fine.

Hi Lucie!
    Pam- Sounds like a great program! I love a nice teal color, i'm sure it will look great even though it's not the color you thought. :)
    Faye- What movie did you watch from Redbox?
    Debbie- I hope you can get out and do something while you're there! Have fun at Phillips Island!!

Enjoy your day!

10. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning,

Haven't had a chance to catch up on the weekend's posts but wanted to pop in and say a quick hello. Busy weekend - couch, or should I say 2/3 of the couch, arrived on Saturday. Very frustrating especially since the email on Thursday with the delivery date and time made no mention of a missing piece. I ran to Whole Foods after they left to do some shopping and figured I'd deal with the furniture store on Sunday. Moved the couch around, did some measuring, and realized that we had under-estimated the size of our living room and we could really do with one more piece. Such a first world problem, my living room is too big! Went to the furniture store on Sunday where they were full of apologies for the delivery problem and gave me 25% off and free delivery on the new piece I bought. Now, when it's all here, we will have a three-seater couch, two armless two-seater loveseats, and a chaise, all connected. Lots of room for everyone.

I spent the rest of the day making meatloaf and baked potatoes and filing. Ran another stack of don't need to keep documents through the shredder.

Work is busy because I was off Friday but I am in a great mood because yesterday was Day 30 of the Whole 30 so today was weigh-in and I'm down 15.9 pounds!!! I'm going to continue on but add in beans as I miss hummus and love to add garbanzo beans to a salad and kidney beans to chili. No more gluten for me though.

Have a great day everyone!

11. MrsSoup

Wow, congratulations on the weight loss Pamela!!

PamelaG likes this.
  12. housewife2

aquaman

MrsSoup likes this.
  13. luludou

Pamela can't wait to see pictures of your new house. Congrats on the weight loss.

Washed bathroom (got the fingerprints off the shower doors). Vaccumed main floor. washed bathroom floor. Cut a pineapple. Made overnight oats. Prepped 4 days worth of yogurt with fruits. prepped gym clothes & work clothes. Menu-planned. 1 load of towels are in dryer. Called mom. Need to go shell the hard-boiled eggs. Got a whole pan of veggies ready to put in the oven for supper. Green beans are ready to be cooked too.

Snow has started some but I wouldn't call it a snowstorm.

Later

14. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I woke up this morning just past 5. Took a step out of bed and blacked out for a second, came to just in time to catch myself against the cabinet. I figured I had gotten up to fast. You know us old people can't do that fast. Felt fine until I laid down. Then the room started to spin and spin. While I was laying down. So funny but it make me so sick to my tummy. Once that slowed down I dragged myself to the kitchen to try to eat some bread. The last time I got so dizzy it was when I went low carb about 18 years ago. Since my menus lately have been rather low carb I choked down some bread. I do not like bread but I have felt better until about 20 minutes ago when I am not running to the bathroom with the runs. lol In-between times I feel ok.

I was already to pack off genealogy items to by DB but he says he really didn't want them either. So now I am shredding family tree info. He told me to sell off anything else. So I guess I'll have Dh post some things on eBay. I've already emptied one notebook. Off to do some more.

15. MrsSoup

You just reminded me that I cut up a pineapple! No one has touched it so I guess I need to broadcast to the family that it is in the refrigerator! haha I also want to make overnight oats for myself! Thank you!!!

Ahorsesoul and luludou like this.
  16. MrsSoup

Diedra- Oh my goodness! You should probably get that checked out, seriously. I am joining you in the bathroom trips today though. No fun at all.

I have been working on schoolwork non-stop all day. I finally took a break when DH came home for lunch and then now. I am to a point where I need to do a discussion thread post in our Course Chatter (not graded, but still have to do it) and decided it was a good break point. I read through and took notes for 2 chapters and 3 videos. I also texted back and forth with the Commander's wife and made a plan for our Senior Spouses Coffee for this month since we are hosting. I feel a bit accomplished today with what I have completed. I will do the discussion post and see what's next and probably be done for the day with school.

I think I might head into the front room and start on the hutch in there so I can knock it off my list finally. If I don't then i'll just sit around and be lazy. Once I have that done then i'll sit on the front porch and read.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  17. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! Finally back on LI and it was a beautiful day. Sunny and warm.

Of course coming home does have it's downside - almost done with the laundry but not done with taking all he stuff out of the camper. That will take a few days and then the things that belong there will go back in where they belong - we actually had someone from the Container Store come into the camper and recommend stuff for us .

Then there is the shopping, both to restock the house after three months and to buy food for Passover - then to cook for Passover. The first Seder will be at DS and DDIL's house but the second will be at ours with about 14 people. Sigh.

So today I went to BJ's for some of the shopping, and to the library (my treat) and to the doctor and made an appointment to get my right hand carpal tunnel done - April 24.

Diedra - your BP might be low
    Pam - love to see your teal polish
    Faye - Aquaman is a hunk!
    Lucie - did you get some snow
    Pamela - your living room must be nice with all that seating
    Debbie - enjoy Australia - it's on my "to do" list
    Jess - sounds like you're getting a lot done while everyone is out of the house

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  18. MrsSoup

Evening!

Would you believe I forgot completely about the hutch? Ugh! I did, however, sit on the front porch and read for a while...that was nice! It started to rain this evening and I decided to make potato soup and grilled cheese for dinner. DD just went on a run with her friend. I think i'm in a bit of a mood so I may just head up to the tub with my book, a small glass of wine, and a candle. Or I could just go to the porch. Hmmm, decisions. Maybe i'll eat some pineapple first.

Welcome home Debbie!

Goodnight friends.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  19. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Debbie, when ever you get to I will be glad to share a lunch with you. Hope it is soon.

Ahorsesoul likes this.