Monday August 12th, 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good A.M. To All!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  2. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning to all. have some errands to do then grandson and i will get in the pool. want to enjoy before school starts he will be gone longer to kindergarden hes looking fwd to it . what is everyone else up to today?

Ahorsesoul and Lana like this.
  3. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

It is dark cloudy out and has been thundering for a couple hours.

Allen went to gas up my car and get me a sandwich and chips for lunch.

Teigan has open house tonight and starts school full days tomorrow! Jaymee will be able to take her a couple days I think.

Yesterday I got the table pretty well started but Allen has a stack to go thru. I did 6 loads of laundry and they are folded and put away. Our bedding was 3 of the loads.

I need to do a few bill pays for later this week. Laundry and bills NEVER ENDING!!!!!

I am hoping to move along with some more decluttering this week. Shall see.

We are also going to be changing things at work over the next month. Will be having some training.

Have a GREAT day everybody!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning all MHHers

LC1 isn't coming today so it's just us. Only thing on the calendar is taking the dogs to the groomer and Dh goes to the chiropractor. So easy day.

I might run up to the store for some meat to put in the freezer. And will come up with something for DD to do if she is in the mood.

Eva was worried about our visitors last night so let a little puddle on the floor. If people come in and ignore her she is fine but this lady was petting her the second she arrived. So much for the sign on the door. They have the cutest little girl. She played with Eva and then went to find Twillow who let her pet him for a few minutes. That's unusual for Twillow to tolerate a little child.

Do something good for yourself today.

Lana likes this.
  5. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning,

If the level of activity right now is an indication of how today will go, it's going to be a slow one. Weekend was busy, most of it is in Saturday and Sunday's Chit Chat but there are a couple of photos up on my blog. I have to run to the UPS Store tonight to mail Sophia's LUSH package and then stop at the grocery store for a couple of things. Just couldn't get it together this weekend to make a menu or a grocery list. I was thinking about trying Freshly, the meal plan service where the meals are ready to go but it's so expensive. I could pick up five frozen dinners at the grocery store for half the price! I just need to knuckle down and get my meal planning groove back.

Vic has two weeks of school so our FaceTime will be a bit sporadic. He called this morning as I was getting ready for work but it was close to time to leave for the bus so we only had a quick chat.

Have a great day everyone!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

We stayed up later than usual last night watching old videos that we pulled off the hard drives. The kids sure were cute. Eli was a baby and DD was so little and trying to hog the camera. Funny, I don't remember her being like that but she was. Their voices were so small. haha

Today is a nothing on the schedule but homework day. I'm sure DH will be underfoot as well. I do need to call and reschedule the kids dental cleaning for next weekend because it was made 6 months ago before I knew they were playing soccer and now it is going to interfere with games. I feel like i'm forgetting something else that I need to do. The MOTS (moms of teens) group is meeting at a beach across the island today but I don't think i'll go. Just not feeling it today. I wouldn't mind going to my beach this morning and looking for seaglass but only if DH wanted to go as well and i'm not sure what he's doing. Soccer practices this evening.

Faye- Glad DGS is looking forward to Kinder!
    Lana- I so miss thunder, enjoy it!
    Diedra- Aw, Eva.
    Pamela- Have you tried Hello Fresh or Blue Apron? They may be cheaper. They aren't already cooked meals but the ingredients are already prepared so you just have to follow the recipe. I've heard they are great. They don't ship here. :(

Enjoy your day!

Lana and Ahorsesoul like this.
  7. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Good morning! Dsil took the day off work so he could take the kids to school on Day 1. After all the school bus mess last year, they have changed the bus stop. It is now 2.5 miles away at a middle school that was in the news last year for racial problems. We will now be driving the kids all the way to their school (NOT that one). I anticipate 40 minutes each way at that time of day.

I have an appt this afternoon with my doctor's nurse. Blood pressure, weight, vision, and a bunch of really personal questions they ask now to determine if women are being abused. DH bought me some kind of fit watch for my birthday - we got it set up yesterday. I've already walked 871 steps today - at this rate I need to get on the treadmill for the next 6 hours to meet my target. Haha.

Laundry day for me, with some grocery shopping thrown in. I hope.

Have a great day!

Lana, PamelaG, MrsSoup and 1 other person like this.
  8. MrsSoup

Eli woke up with a stomachache so he is home from school today. It's only the second week of school. :rolleyes: He came downstairs and asked if we could make a smoothie from his Minecraft cookbook but I didn't have the ingredients. I told him I was making a smoothie and he could have some of mine so he said okay. He tried it and said it was good but then didn't drink most of it. I don't think he liked it after the first few sips. He said his stomach was feeling better but i'm just going to let him stay home just in case it starts hurting again. I would hate to take him to school and have to turn around and go get him. They are doing iReady testing and he finished his last week so he shouldn't be missing anything anyway, at least I hope not.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good afternoon!

It's a sunny, breezy day here. The heat has returned...it's 84* today. Miss M and I went to our new dentist today. He took care of my broken tooth....no chewing on the right side of my mouth today or tomorrow....and did one of M's fillings. She goes back to do the other side in September. It went okay for me, not too much gagging. I was really numb, so that helped. Then we went to the local country decor/furniture store for the scent of the month candle...Butterscotch Brandy. I got my mom one for her birthday, too. The we went to the teacher supply store for a few items for my classroom. I have to hit a Dollar Tree for a few other items, but I have just about everything I need to get started.

I have a pork loin in the slow cooker for dinner tonight. Soon it will be time to take M to soccer camp.

Have a blessed day!

Lana likes this.
  10. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

fixing chicken squash and green beans for dinner and hush puppies. bought ice tea from publix its good. have agood evening

Lana likes this.
  11. PamelaG

I tried a Whole 30 version, Green Chef I think it was called. It was ok, I'm just looking for the lazy way out!

I need to get my video tapes converted so we can watch them. I'm pretty sure Costco does the conversion. I also have some reel to reel audio tapes that I would love to hear from when I was a baby. My Mum told me about one that was made on Christmas Eve; she's doing the voice of Santa "What have we here? Gifts for a little girl named Pamela." A fire engine (you can hear my dad ringing the bell in the background), a doll that says hello (Dad pulled the string and the doll talked), and then some other toys that had accompanying sound effects. I'm sure we'd be crying laughing listening to it!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. PamelaG

2.5 miles away? That can't be right. Can DSIL petition the school to make a stop more accessible? I burst out laughing when I read your fit watch status! Good luck with the other 9129 steps!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon! Seems I did not post this weekend... guess time just ran away from me.
    Saturday was chores, chores, chores for both me and dh. MIL came to sleep over as sil is on vacation and she does NOT want to be alone... she can't even wait at our house until we get home around 10 or 11 if we want to go out.. so we didn't. They asked again for next Saturday... not sure about that one.:confused:
    Sunday was more chores and ds, ddil came over for a few hours too after lunch. Supper was at fast-food joint with other sil & bil.
    SIL who takes care of MIl will be back from vacation today.

Today was cooking hard-boiled eggs, made rice, made macaroni, mopped floors, went to knitting lady this afternoon, post office, put gas and stopped at the dollar store.

I posted on my blog too.

Later

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    up and had breakfast, posted on here and read all about how your days are going. I suppose I really must get moving and go to work.
    I know that it is going to be another day of IT troubles and along with trying to do my normal work makes for a busy day. Best get started.
    Have a great day all.
    Much love

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  15. MrsSoup

Evening!

Eli seemed pretty okay today for the most part, his eyes were glassy and his stomach hurt a bit off and on I think. He ate just fine though. He laid around and watched TV, cleaned up his room, read a book... I'm keeping him home from soccer practice, no school no practice.

I completed one section of week 2 for my school work, it was quite a lengthy section, took me all morning and just past lunch. Hoping the other two sections aren't so long. I need to make an appointment with my instructor to start work on the task. I got a few other things done that had been nagging. DH went into work to check in and then was back home again. I did some reading today and will probably do some more. I bought a cheap book on B&N a couple days ago by an author I read recently, didn't make it to the library today. I think i'll go for a walk later to get some exercise in. I'm hoping DH will take DD to her practice and i'll have dinner ready when they get back unless they want it before they go.

Katrina- I hope the IT troubles stay away!
    Lucie- Sorry you got strapped with MIL all weekend.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  16. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

We arrived home from MI mid afternoon. Saw DD and Dsil off to St Paul. Long week in MI spent Tuesday helping Mom get groceries and what not. Wed, Thurs, and Fri was spent at DB house helping get ready for Proctor Family reunion. I cleaned house, did laundry etc. Did outside work on Friday. Cleaned grilled and did some clean up in pole barn to have it ready just in case it rained. We had a really good turn out at the reunion. most of the attendees were from Grandpa Marlon's family (my dad is one of 6 siblings). The 4 other members that attended were one of Grandpa brother and his wife and Grandma's nephew( Grandma's family is small so we've invited them for as long as I can remember. We honored my Dsil for (youngest DB's wife) for her becoming a new US citizen. It is quite a process. She was so surprised.

This was read by my brother:
    America represents something universal in the human spirit. I received a letter not long ago from a man who said, 'You can go to Japan to live, but you cannot become Japanese. You can go to France to live and not become a Frenchman. You can go to live in Germany or Turkey, and you won't become a German or a Turk.' But then he added, 'Anybody from any corner of the world can come to America to live and become an American.'
    Ronald Reagan, Campaign rally for Vice President Bush, San Diego, November 7, 1988
    40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

All in all it was a lovely time and was glad we could be a part of it. It was never easy for us to attend most years because of work schedules.

If I remember, I will tell you the cat story tomorrow.
    Good Night.

17. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

WE HAVE HOT WATER!!!!! I am so looking forward to a warm shower tomorrow.

Miss JoDee, MrsSoup, luludou and 2 others like this.