Monday Chat 10.22.18

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by teachermomof2, Oct 22, 2018.

1. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning!

2. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

It's 31* here this morning. The stars are still twinkling in the dark sky. Heading to school. Then home for dinner and back out to dance with M. No room for much else on the agenda.

Have a blessed day!

3. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning! Seems I didn't post this weekend.

Saturday we had a family supper for dniece's 18th bday, champagne and all. she was very happy with her gifts and with her bday party. Got home around 11:15. Vaccumed main floor & did laundry. Paid bills

Yestrday was vacuum basement, wash 2 bathrooms, made muffins, made beef-rice casserole, made sheppard's pie, tons of dishes.

Cat is here with us today as dil is gone to another town for her job and will stop by here tonight to get here. Need to get ready - have a 9:30 massage appointment.

DH will pick up my wedding rings this week (got them repaired) and a table ds bought for his new house. They will also get their LR couch delivered here in 2 weeks - ikea did not want to wait to deliver in december.

We did manage to watch Miracle on 34th street on Friday night with dil (she loves everything Christmas) :) We did get snowflakes on Friday, Saturday and Sunday

4. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Morning Lisa and All coming!

I am up and showered. Woke up about 4:15 and felt okay and then woke up before alarm and my right ear was hurting terrible but got up and showered and I am dress and nothing so ......

Today news just said near 70!

Tonight is the last soccer game.

I need some hangers and a tote, don't know if I will go by Dollar Genral today or not.

Have a GREAT day everybody!

5. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Lucie, busy busy you were!

6. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

Good morning all!!

I did not accomplish very much yesterday... just some knitting. Guess I needed a down day.

I got up early and started baking pumpkin. If I get half of it baked, I will be happy. I want to make pumpkin bread on Wednesday. I am trying to find a gluten free sweet dough recipe. Not having luck. I was hoping to make a German pastry but I might have to wait until I can find just the right dough recipe.

Kiddo has a cold. He is grumpy. So lovely.

Plans for today... just to change the bedsheets and do lots of laundry. I was so lazy yesterday, I didn't do a single load of laundry. I have company coming this weekend so... I better get moving.

7. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning,

Dropped Vic at the airport on Saturday morning so I spent the weekend sorting, inventorying, packing...I know it sounds like I do this all.the.time. It's not that we have a lot of stuff, it's just that I am very slow. 300+ DVDs are back in the inventory app, one shelf of the bookcase is done.

It's the three day warning for October Rudolph Day. Putting up the post over on the Rudolph Day board now.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! Temperatures in the low 40's and cloudy - a bit more November than October.

Knitted a bit last night and then read some. I look at recipes and get so inspired and then I lose the inspiration when it comes time to make them - or - I find that I am missing one ingredient (that I can't substitute) and give up completely. As DH has a meeting tonight (with pizza) I might just treat myself to my favorite comfort food - scrambled eggs and/or cream of wheat and rye bread toast.

Nothing else special planned - just put aways and laundry as usual.

Pamela - we do accumulate at lot of "stuff", don't we?
    Lisa - hope you have an easy week
    Carrie - down days are perfectly acceptable any time we need them
    Lana - hope the ear ache doesn't come back

9. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Good morning, everyone. So glad I'm off today!

I got up and took all the ceiling fan globes down and put them in the dishwasher. Eight fans in all. They're all cleaned and put back together now, except the one in the kitchen. It's going to take a while to get all the grime off the blades. The fan in the dining room needs two new bulbs. Of course, they're specialty bulbs. I've dusted all the crown molding in the house with my antique Stanley corner duster. Just sprayed it with the water hose and stood it outside to dry. This task really does a job on my neck, so I took some Advil and am taking a break.

I got the heater fixed yesterday. Glad for that because it was cold this morning. The house is still cold.

One of my nieces (lives in Texas) spilled hot coffee Friday morning on her leg in the drive through. She immediately went to the emergency room, but has first and second degree buns on her leg. The skin just peeled off and they had to scrape it. She's having to change the dressing and keep it clean. She can't work for two days, at least. Prayers for a fast and infection free healing are appreciated.

I have a wall in the dining room that I took the wall paper off of. I was going to do a textured plaster, but I'm thinking about a textured wall paper that can be painted. Hmmm...have to think about that!

I think lunch may be ordered out pizza and supper is going to be baked fish. Not sure what sides I'll make to go with it. I need to update my planner and get my menus written in for this week. I think DH and I are going to shop for him some new shirts later this week. He needs church shirts...has plenty of every day shirts.

Pamela, it just takes time to get all those things packed and inventoried.
    Lana, hopefully, your ear won't start hurting again. 70 is a nice temperature!
    Debbie, we were in the 40s this morning! Eggs and toast sound good!
    Lucie, how are things going for DS and the new house. I know you and DH felt it was a stretch.
    Lisa, busy day for you.
    Carrie, I think we all needs those down days sometimes. Nothing at all wrong with that! Hope the prep for visitors goes well.

Hope you all have a great day!

10. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I'm tired this morning and not feeling as peppy as I was last week. I need to finish up my schoolwork today and make another grocery list because now, not only DS, DD just wants to eat all the time. I don't have anything on my schedule today. DD has band after school but she rides her bike so no need for me to pick her up. I would like to run to Target and see about something that my friend picked up in their dollar spot. I want to get it for Eli for Christmas. I would also like to run to Sam's for the Halloween candy, but schoolwork HAS to get done today. I feel like there was something that should be on the calendar today and it's not and I hope i'm not going to miss something that I didn't write down. Oh well, I guess.

DH and I went on a quick ride last night after he got home from work. It was a beautiful evening. We watched the sunset. Eli is developing quite the couch so I hope he's not the next one home sick at some point this week. I need to get him and DD their flu shots but not while he's coughing like that.

Hi Lisa!
    Lucie- Some Christmas happiness for you early!
    Lana- Hope your ear is okay!
    Carrie- Hope DS feels better!
    Hi Pamela!
    Debbie- I do the same thing! DD was browsing Pinterest or something yesterday watching videos of recipes and wanting all of the things. I told her to get busy, but nothing happened. haha
    Jane- Ouch, that sounds horrible for her! Glad heater is fixed.

Enjoy your day!

11. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good morning all. It's a lovely sunny day with 40% chance of rain later. I hope we get some.

We had a combined birthday party with sleepover on Saturday for dgkids. Ten 11 & 12 year old girls plus dgs. All dgs's friends are girls, made it easy for us. I got up early and baked 99 cupcakes and then the kids decorated them at the party. DD taught them to pour acrylics - outside, haha -, tricks on the trampoline, dd taught them to massage their feet & legs and they gave each other pedicures, weenie roast w/s'mores, lots of food, a movie, and everyone was snoring away before 10:30. I woke up yesterday feeling like I had a hangover...and I don't drink! So. Much. Noise.

Today is laundry, and I need to pick up meds from the pharmacy. I will take DH to the podiatrist this afternoon, and that will be it for me.

Have a great day!

12. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

I learned about an hour ago that some friends of ours house burned last night. We used to go and do a lot of things with them, but have lost touch with them over the years. It started in the attic, and the walls are concrete that was poured into big forms. I saw pictures of it and the fired damage is not too extensive, but so many things are made of man-made materials (i.e. plastic) that the smoke damage is always bad. He sells investments, so financially, they should be fine, but it's always hard to lose things in a fire.

I decided I want to completely finish up in the guest room today so I don't have to do anything in there between now and the holidays except dust and mop one last time just before Dniece arrives, which according to my sister may be earlier than expected. I may need to move around some things in the chest of drawers and dresser to make some extra room. Dniece told my sister she may stay all the way through until Christmas.

Jess, didn't you get the flu shot? Could it be affecting how you feel? I wish we didn't live 50 miles from Target and Sam's! It sure would make things easier. Takes a whole day, it seems, to do any major shopping.
    GrammaDeb, that's enough to make anyone feel hung over! Hope you get to rest some today.

Later, everyone.

13. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

I have one too! Yes, it can be tough on the neck.
    Jessica, hope Eli is feeling better soon
    GrammaDeb, so glad to see you posted--I missed you! I figured you were sitting with Dneighbor.
    Pamela, thanks for the Rudy Day reminder. Trust the inventory goes well.
    Debbie H, comfort food is so yummy.
    Cmerth, Grumpy men will illness are not fun to live with, Stay Strong
    Lana, I was just at Family Dollar near me and got last year's solid red flannel back tablecloths for $ .50 normally $4.00 I got 6 for my mom. Stay well.
    Lucie, Are you hand painting your wood slices it will be a treasure to have.
    Lisa, praying your week at school will go smoothly and all specials will be held.

I got up at 6:30 and started cleaning the linen closet and putting away my winter stock up. We have plenty of toilet paper, tissue,, shampoo, cold meds, etc.

I have to be at my daughter's school tonight at 6:00 for some type of facial she need to do for her classwork. I think I will stop by Michaels to get some items I need for a Christmas gift. I can't order them so I have to go from store to store to get what I can and just keep checking back.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  14. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

Miss JoDee... you are so right. Grumpy men with illnesses are not fun.

Well.... I had a busy productive morning. I baked a huge pumpkin and I now have 5 1/2 jars of pumpkin puree and 1 freezer bag. The freezer bag is enough for pumpkin pies next months. I will use the jarred pumpkin to make pumpkin bread and pumpkin bars. Now to let it cool. I did all of the dishes from the "pumpkin process".

Kiddo is home from school. I gave him a large bottle of lemon water to take to school. He said it helped him feel better. I made him another one for the afternoon.

I think I earned a rest. I will wait for hubby to come home to re-make the bed. Putting sheets back on a king sized bed is a two person job.

15. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Gosh you have all had busy days. Mine is just starting.
    DH left at 5.30 to the airport, working interstate today and tomorrow, will be home tomorrow night so just DS and I tonight.
    Work for me today, yesterday was very quiet so I hope that today is a bit busier. Boss leaves next week for a holiday so I am sure there will be a lot of last minute things I need to do.

I too am feeling a bit like the flu, aching and tired. Got through winter with out a cough or cold which was good, maybe it is just my body withdrawing from carbs.
    Have not heard when the funeral will be, I believe that an autopsy has to be performed because it was so sudden, perhaps next week.

Better get ready to face the day,
    Much love all.

16. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good evening , weekend was fun birthday dinner for my son bowling, saw halloween movie twice. it was kinda cool today love it. chili tonite with ham and cheese croissants brownies for supper. have good night

17. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Not sure if you are already doing this but you could also take photos as you inventory. Then put the photos on a thingy (forgot what they are called) plus put them online. I so this every few years.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    PamelaG and Miss JoDee like this.
  18. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Yes, I did get the flu shot and that must be what it is. I woke up night before last shivering but sweating at the same time. I've been having little weird things like that. I feel exhausted and run down today. I'm taking it easy and doing homework on the couch. I decided not to do any shopping until tomorrow. DS texted and said that he was really hot and sweating, I told him that it was most likely a side effect from the shot last week. I took a break and watched some recorded shows. Sometimes I can take notes and watch at the same time.

19. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Evening.
    Yes I hand-paint the slices, they are painted...took way longer than expected. Still have to varnish them, put ribbons, add the 'handmade' tags and then wrap them.
    I did clear out 2 shelves in dd's closet. I put some gifts in boxes (those that are complete) and got them out of the upstairs closet which is wayyy too full.

Darn... just got the results of govt exam... I didn't pass :( was waiting for that before deciding if I wanted to change job or not. ah welll, will just have to retire earlier ;)

Night

20. Doodlebug

Doodlebug Well-Known Member

Good Evening! Not much going on here. I h.ave swept the house and have done laundry most of the day. Did get a nap in. I never take naps.
    The boys decided to cut wood while we were at the pumpkin patch.They drove up from the fields asm the kids were carving their pumpkins. They ate and went and got some more wood. Then we all helped spkit it. Even the kids helped. It was so enjoyable for everyone to help out and work together. We ended up splitting about 5 ricks of wood. They will be going out again before it gets cold to get some more done to get us all through the winter.
    Jane- so sorry about your niece getting burned with the coffee. That sounds so painful. Praying for quick and uneventful recovery.,
    Jess- hoping you all get to feeling better. Nothing worse than feeling not up to par.
    GrammaDeb - that was quite a party
    Katrina - I will flying to Melbourne. Staying at the Pan Pacific South Wharf. I will be there from April 3-11th.I am really looking forward to it. Really busy about 4n of those days and the other days not.