Monday Chat 4.30.18

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by teachermomof2, Apr 30, 2018.

1. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning!

2. teachermomof2

It's the last day of April. It just flew by.....onto May and the craziness that it brings. :)

Heading to school, then home, then dance tonight. I put cube steak in the crockpot for dinner since we don't have much time between school and dance. That's about it for me!

Pamela....did you watch Call the Midwife? It was a very touching episode.

Have a super day!

3. PamelaG

PamelaG Well-Known Member Staff Member

No, I was involved in a new series on Amazon Prime - The Last Post. I'm about to make a cup of tea and sit down to watch last night's Call the Midwife. Sounds like "very touching" means I'd better have some Kleenex handy.

4. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, Lisa and all who follow.

No big plans for me today. I will go see MJ sometime today. Other than that I have nothing earth shattering. I might run to Aldi's for some milk. Yesterday, I had a craving for black beans and rice. Cooked the rice, added the beans. But they were not black beans...even tho the can said it was. Grrrr. Ate it anyway, but was so disappointed. They looked more like Shellie beans. Not nearly as good as black ones!

Talked to my aunt in Baltimore yesterday. She gave me some interesting facts about my mama's family. A lot to mull over.

Ok, I had better get dressed. Have a good day!

5. PamelaG

PamelaG Well-Known Member Staff Member

Good morning!

Here we go - T-3 until the word Charities Event is no longer in my vocabulary. Lots still to do and that's the agenda for today - finish off the PowerPoint, make envelopes for the checks which will be delivered by the treasurer this afternoon, make name tags for the board, and edit last year's script with this year's details.

Finally got an email back from my doctor and new allergies meds are waiting for me at the pharmacy. That's on the list as soon after the treasurer's visit.

Busy, busy, busy.

Pop over to the Help Please thread if you have a moment and give Jeff and Minta your thoughts on privacy. Right now, anyone can see anything in the threads. I'd love to see it where prospective members can see the thread titles (so they see all the fun topics we talk about) but can't read the posts under each thread until they apply for membership and are approved. What do you think?

6. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning all MHHers

I was awake at 4:30 this morning. Stayed in bed until a few minutes after 6. I have half my laundry done, the kitchen clean and am starting to clean my bedroom. lol I'm thinking in an hour I should be ready for a nap.

DD is now up getting dressed. She said she had the same problem but stayed in bed resting. LC1 is working today and tomorrow. Then she will be off until next week. LC22 might work this weekend.

Have a guy coming this morning to measure the sliding glass door. There is a sale on them until May 2 so we want to get it ordered since it takes 4 to 6 weeks to get it in. The installer is 8 weeks out on the schedule.

Dh and I are slowly pulling things out for the city wide yard sale this weekend. I had him take everything out of the storage space over the garage. At least he said he has it all out. I will not go up the ladder since it's not very sturdy. Not sure I'd be able to go up there even if it was sturdy. I have a large problem at the top. I can't seem to get myself to do it. lol

Had to run over to pick up DD's friend for her to vacuum our house.

Wishing all a good day.

7. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

DH ended up having to pull a guard shift last night because the 1SG didn't do his job of notifying those that were supposed to be on shift, so DH just did it himself. I slept good for the first few hours and then had a bad dream and slept like crap the rest of the night. I have a slight headache this morning but can't take anything until after my barium swallow test. No eating or drinking. As soon as i'm done, i'm heading to Starbucks in the hospital. Then i'll come home and wake up DH and see what the rest of the day holds. I need to read chapters of homework so I can take a test and schedule my final.

The battery in the Explorer has been acting up, or it might be something else. He may take it to AutoZone and see if they'll test it. I had to get a jump yesterday at class at lunchtime. Looks sunny today but rain is coming tomorrow. I'm sore in various parts of my body today. I must have hit my hip when I fell yesterday and the outside of my knee. I have a bruise on my knee already but the hip is still forming. I'm pretty positive I had an ovarian cyst rupture last night as well. I'm just a hot mess I guess. Geesh! I added some things to my DoTerra order this morning so it's ready to go. When I had my tiny workshop here at my house, my DoTerra lady slathered my right arm (the one I injured) in oil, she used fractionated coconut oil to dilute and then lemongrass essential oil and not only did it smell wonderful it actually helped. So I put both of those things on my order for May. I need to make sure she didn't add anything else that i'm forgetting.

Lisa- How do you do your cube steaks in the crockpot? I'm always looking for new recipes and cube steaks isn't something that i've ever tried to do.
    Pamela- Good luck with the charity stuff.
    Pam- Sorry the beans didn't work out!
    Diedra- You've been busy already this morning!

Enjoy your day!

8. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good morning. We are much cooler this week, might get rain the next couple days. I hope so.

Family friends visited yesterday and brought plates of brownies & rice krispies treats. Dgd felt inspired to make cupcakes, so I am sitting here with lots of tempting, yummy treats.

Today is laundry day. 4 loads done and 6 to go. Oh, how I do not like laundry day. We will head to the Y in a little while.

Have a great day everyone!

9. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon! got up at 7:00 did a teeny-bit of qi-qong, made the bed, got dressed, had breakfast and started the day. Washed basement bathroom and deep-cleaned the cabinets in there. Mopped floors kitchen, kitchenette, hallway, basement bathroom and area around the kitty litter. Ironed ds's black shirt (and got the cat hair off it). Made some overnight oats - 1st time making them so will see if it's too thick or too runny tomorrow. Posted on my blog. Finished the pink knitted socks.. they are inow in a box for Christmas gifts (I'm thinking they might fit mom).

Jess - congrats on the bike driving!

will be crafting this afternoon :) :)

10. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning. First of May here, good grief the year is flying.
    Spoke to my SIL for about 2 hours last night. She wants to meet tomorrow for lunch and so I can take her out tax papers. Tax needs to be lodged by May 15th so getting close. She is an accountant and has been doing our taxes for years, but only on her timeline. Hopefully will get next years done way earlier.

Work today, still some things to clean up but won't be as bad. I am slowly getting on top of it. will speak to boss today about when she might like to interview. Hopefully the other CW can help interview as I am already there enough.
    Anyway, love to you all.

11. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good evening to all. been outside with my grandson all day we had fun. everyone have a good day

12. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

I got all of my winter clothes put away and summer stuff out. It is supposed to be close to 80 most of the week. I also cleaned out the living room closet, and organized thuings a bit better. I am getting the itch to sew again. There is a baby shower at church on Sunday. Don't know if I will go, but would love to get some things made. Now, I am pretty tired, so think I am done for the day. Enjoy your evening.

13. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Did a stress test today. I am full of glow as they put something in an IV that makes your heart glow for X-ray. Will have results in a few days.
    When I got home I made some pancakes for lunch, I was hungry, only a slice of toast for breakfast was allowed.I rested until DH came home and then we went to the eye doctor.I have dry eyes and have night time procedure to add to my routine. Sure hope it works. I work offsite the rest of the week TW and F it will put me at 40 hours. Next week's schedule is unknown, We get our schedules a month at a time, however, we are still without the 4th assistant manager. We are lacking a lot of staff right now. Hopefully, it comes together quickly. as we have training and open Memorial Weekend.

Just finished unloading and loading the dishwasher. Time to relax and then bed.

14. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good evening,
    another long day at work, feel like I am getting on top of things. It is nice to be back to the stage where you know that things are right.
    It is funny how many people are complaining about old CW now that she is gone. Anyway. Boss has decided to interview 5 or 6 people. we will interview one on Friday night and she wants to interview 3 on Saturday morning. There goes my weekend. Hopefully we find someone we like and we can get them started pretty quickly.
    Spoke to DD on the way home and she has invited us to dinner tomorrow night, that will be a nice visit.

15. teachermomof2

MrsSoup likes this.
  16. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Thanks Lisa!

teachermomof2 likes this.