Monday December 3rd, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Hello MHH World!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Up dressed and need to go do some stuff for Aunt Imogene and a couple things for mail for me.

Allen still coughing around. Will make him go to Express Care when I get home if he hasn't already.

Sewing tonight is my plan.

The tree lighting was nice. They had Mr. & Mrs. Santa and all the kids sat seperately on his lap and got a candy cane and book, she read Twas the Night Before Christmas and they had snacks. Singing songs around the tree wasn't the best--no music and nobody wanted to lead so..... A couple of Teigans school friends there so that was nice.

Have a GREAT day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning Lana and all to follow.

Debbie - Happy belated Hanuka - glad you got to enjoy it.
    Lana - Hope Allen feels better soon

For once my to-do list is not a mile long, but I'm sure I,ll find more to do along the way. I know I'll have to go get the snow and ice off the car to go to the post office.
    Yesterday I did an inventory of the freezer and it's pretty full and ready for the Holidays. I have thumbprint cookies left to bake but out of flour so will do later .. maybe.
    Think I'll go take a shower to wake up. I think I should work in the basement but with ds moving in 2 weeks it'll be all disorganized for awhile.
    This year will be a very disorganized one but it'll be what it'll be. Yesterday ds said he would be bringing his bed to his new house - I will need to get a new one for his bedroom. and he was talking about taking the enormous basement tv (dh will be happy he wanted to buy a new one for the LR and take the LR one to the basement). I've got 4 boxes in the basement, I think I'll fill them up with some stuff of his.

Off to write a post on my blog

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning,

Finally got my work cell phone activated so I can write my chat on the bus. Busy weekend of errands - my list was a bit disorganized so I had to go to one store twice and then still forgot eggs!

I'm working on my Christmas cards and should have them all in the mail by Friday. Ordered a second small craft table because there just isn't enough room to do everything on the one I have.

More training today - hope I stay awake! ;)

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning to all cloudy out but suppose to be 62. trying to get some things done phone keeps ringing . have agood day

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I don't have anything on the schedule today except the Commissary for baking supplies and schoolwork. I really need to get a jumpstart on this last project. I wanted to be done by now and instead did other stuff last week and we had a full weekend of outside activities before DD gets her cast this week. I do have to find staple gun staples so we can finish the outside lights today.

The elves were found playing a game on the counter with candy pumpkins and candy corn. Not quite sure what game it was, but they seemed to be having fun. As much as I think Elf on a Shelf is creepy, he would be so much easier than the ones we have. Ours are big and stuffed and not poseable at all which makes it hard. I told DH we may have to trade in next year. The kids would flip though. I don't even know what the names of our elves are anymore. We changed them a couple years ago and now I don't remember. haha On the note this year, I said something to the effect of, "P.S. Feel free to give us new names this year, we like to change it up every now and then."

Lana- They should have had a lead for the singing. But i'm glad it was good otherwise! Hope Allen is okay!
    Lucie- I wish we had a big freezer that I could stock up. I might try freezing cookies this year but i'm always worried they'll be dry.
    Pamela- So much training! Will you be done soon?
    Hi Faye!

Enjoy your day!

7. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning to you all.
    Tuesday here and work for me today. Will need to run a few things past boss for final approval and the I can start writing the Christmas cards. We do about 40 for work so I need to start them today to get them out next week. I hate sending them too late. Must get Christmas stamps too.
    Not sure what will be on the agenda when I get home tonight. I would like for DH and I to wrap my presents together. He has wrapped the few things that he has bought but I don't like the way he wraps. If I buy something like 2 candles for example, I would wrap them together and he wraps them separate. Means I sit there on Christmas opening all these little presents and it takes for ever. Sounds like I am griping and I don't mean to it is just a peeve of mine.

Better go and get ready,
    have a great day.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Katrina that is funny about the wrapping, my dd is the opposite of you... I need to wrap everything seperate so it takes longer! I've been trying NOT to wrap stocking stuffers and she is against that idea:rolleyes:

Filled 4 boxes of stuff for ds to take to his new house... there are TONS more to go out but I want to do it slowly as his girlfriend doesn't seem to want him to take his stuff with him. He can get rid of whatever he doesn't want, I just want it out of here.
    Washed basement bathroom, finished basement vaccum, made muffins, prepped overnight oats for my breakfasts this week, made a macaroni chinois, did dishes. Did laundry. Called mom. Picked up my package at the post office.
    I'll go shovel a little more as it snowed again. Then I'll watch a Christmas movie and knit.
    Still have one more thing on my to-do list but as Sparklenana used to say..15-minutes breaks here and there.

Tuesday I have acupuncture - only had a headache once this week. However stomach is not doing so well so will talk to him about that. Someone is supposed to come to see about making a bathroom cabinet too.

Thursday dh is supposed to go out of town for a supper with his company so I have no lift to get back. Either I take the bus (very long 1,5 hours) or I take a day off, humm.... needs pondering.

Later

9. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! Sunny and pleasant today. Supposed to get cooler as the week goes on...

Yesterday DH and I went into Manhattan to help DS and DDIL erect and decorate their tree. Then we put all the Hanukkah presents under the tree. Truly ecumenical. We had leftovers from Saturday for lunch. A fun day.

Got a cleaning at the periodontist this morning and tried to go to Michael's but couldn't find a parking space! Went out for pizza for lunch with DH, returned library books, got Buffy's meds, got dog food, folded laundry and continued to put things away from the Saturday party. Might relax for tonight and then look into starting to pack tomorrow...or the next day.

Pamela - I'm sure that you can survive the training;)
    Lucie - take the day off! Thank you for the Hanukkah wishes
    Lana - glad you enjoyed the trip to DuQuoin. I still remember when we met there.
    Katrina - I still wrap each stocking stuffere - and all gifts. DH gives me my gifts in their original packaging - paper or plastic bags - sometimes in gift sacks if I remember to give them to him;)
    Faye - hope you get stuff done
    Jess - the tree looks great on the mantle!

Lana likes this.
  10. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Same with me Katrina. One year it took hours for us to unwrap gifts. I started putting things in gift bags instead. I just stuff the items in and put decorative tissue paper over the top instead of even wrapping each gift with tissue. We unwrap one person at a time so we can watch them unwrap the gifts instead of everyone unwrapping at once. Take longer but I enjoy seeing people "open" their gifts.

11. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

I made my trip to the Commissary and got everything I needed except staples and paraffin wax. I couldn't find the wax last year either and had to make my peanut butter balls without it. I may have to order it online this year, it helps make them shiny and last longer and not be sticky. I came home and unloaded and then decided to get my watercolor state prints into frames that I pulled out this morning, now they need to go on the wall. After that I printed out the instructions and observation form for my project. Then DH came home for lunch.

Once he leaves i'll start watching a video for my project. After school, I think i'll take DD to look for some shorts since that will be all she can really wear in her cast unless she agrees to some athletic pants. While we're out I can stop by Lowe's or Home Depot and grab some staples.

Katrina- LOL, I would probably wrap the candles separately as well. My DH wraps much better than I do.
    Lucie- I think the girlfriend needs to get over that and he needs to take his stuff!
    Debbie- Sounds like you have accomplished quite a bit today!

12. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

DD had a fairly good day. She finished her breakfast and went for a nap. Then got up after noon time so we headed out for her appointment with the therapist. They had a good hour together. I had printed photos of the things she has done for the last 6 weeks. I wasn't good at getting photos of a lot of things but it gives them something to discuss.

LC1 makes caramels for Christmas. She gave each one of us a bag plus another dish of them for our party we had last week. For some reason I'm not fond of them. Then I remembered last year I added a pecan to each of mine. I've eaten 5 of them in the last hour. lol

I went to Walmart while DD was sleeping since Dh was home. I picked up cookie decorating items for this coming Sunday's session with DS and DGS. It should be a lot of fun. We will just dip cookies into chocolate and decorate them. I have several ideas printed off plus I picked up some ready made decorations. Some Christmas trees and Christmas light candy thingys. Next I need to hit up GoodWill for plates. The cookies are Oreos and Nutter Butter.

Sound like everyone is doing a great job on getting ready for the Holidays. Halimer I love how your son is combining the two holidays. Much better than dropping one of them.

13. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Evening!

Busy day today. I left at 9:30 this a.m., and got home at 3:30-ish. Had Bible study, and it was great. Then our leader and I had lunch. I have been in the mood for chili, so that is what I got. Then to the bank. To get gas. To the bank again, because I forgot something. Then to pay a bill. Then to pay rent, but they want a money order. I will get that tomorrow. It was getting nasty out weather wise, so I will go in the morning. I am trying to figure out my little Christmas budget. Steve wants an Amazon gift card. That is what I was thinking of getting him. Not sure about everyone else. I need to check Amazon and see if they have what Jay wants.

Jennifer is still feeling crummy. She said she was feeling wimpy today, poor baby.

I got really cold today, because the weather was cold and damp. Yuck. I have quilting tomorrow, and we will learn when we will take the quilts. I would love to have one of those little quilting frames, but nowhere to put it. I have to buckle down on my sewing and get it done!

Watching the remembrance ceremony of President George H.W. Bush. My heart goes out to his family. To lose both parents in eight months must be really hard.

I had better see what I can find to eat. I am thinking peanut butter and jelly. I need the protein. Or eggs sound good, too. Hope you all have a great evening. Later, Gators!