Monday February 11th, 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Top of the Morning to Everybody!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

I think today is to be 42. Last I heard.

The guys weren't going to move items in but move the old dishwasher, stove and fridge out so when flooring comes in a couple weeks that will be ready. After flooring in she will go.

Slept pretty good last night but would still like to stay home today. Guess I will next Monday. (Presidents Day) Was nice way back when banks got Lincolns and Washingtons both off and it is a short month but somebody decided to combine them! :(:(:(

I need to look at the checkbook. I hear Teigan talking to her mom.

Porkchops were really tender in the instant pot,

Have a GREAT day everybody!

3. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, MHH peeps.

We got a few inches of white crap yesterday, and it was pretty foggy this a.m. County schools are all closed, so that means Samuel, too. I am upset with that little snot right now. I found out yesterday that three of the pastoral staff ere going to Kansas City for a conference...my daughter and son in law among them. After church, I asked Jennifer why she didn't tell me. Sam pipes up with, "Why do you care?" I replied, "Because, I am her mother!" He said, "She's an adult!" And then said something else that I don't remember, but I was mad. As much as she preached respect when he was little, it didn't stick with him. I wanted to slap him. If I had ever said something like that to a family member, I would not have sat down for a month! He is getting very cocky. I realize part of it is his age, but I still don't like it. And that is all I will say about it. Not the first time he has done something.

I have Bible a Study this a.m. If I feel like driving, that is. I need to get ready. Got out of the shower a few minutes ago. Need to dry my hair, so I had best get with it. Have a great day. Stay safe and be blessed!

4. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good morning. It's a beautiful day although cold. Real feel when I got up was 19 deg. We got snow last night, and there was talk of a snow day. What??? There was maybe half an inch, but apparently the school buses are not equipped for snow driving. There was a snow day several years ago, but roads were clear and dry this morning.

Today will be a busy hurry up-and-wait day. I'm sitting with neighbor until 2:15, and then I have to rush home to grab dh to get him to a podiatrist appointment at 3:00. I'll grab a quick early dinner and get dgd to gymnastics while dsil takes dgs to swimming. Somehow I have to get my laundry done today - a load here and a load there. And such is my life these days.

Have a great day.

5. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

The wind, surf, and rain should be on the downshift today with the passing of the storm. It is moving down the island chain. DH and I watched a movie in bed last night and then I took a migraine pill and went straight to bed. My head hurt so badly. This darn weather needs to move on, although I don't mind the rain and wind, it's the low pressure it brings with it.

I have the chiropractor this morning and then PT not long after. I would like to get my workout in before PT but I don't think i'm going to have time. I didn't get much studying done this weekend with everyone home and the kids don't have school today for a Teacher Institute Day. But, I have to work today. I need to do two practice tests, writing and math and see where I stand. I think the next few days will just be practice tests and that will be my studying.

DS got his work schedule for the week and he is definitely getting more hours. He works until 11 p.m. tonight, he's not overly excited about that, but he's happy for the hours and the money it will bring.

Lana- I'm sure Jaymee loves being there with you but is ready to be in her own place!
    Pam- Teenage boys can be something else. Be safe if you go out!
    Deb- Definitely a busy afternoon for you!

Enjoy your day!

6. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning to you all.
    Up a little earlier today as the traffic yesterday was awful and I was nearly late to work. Not sure what that was about but may need to start leaving a bit earlier, That will be harder as it gets cooler because I do love my bed.
    Got home last night and just sat and relaxed, had a bath and read a few pages before bed. Did not pick up my knitting. Hope to get sdome done tonight.

Pam, teenage boys, UGH.
    Lana, I too look forward to a sleep in,
    Deb, I am sure that you will get your list done, take care,
    Jess, How do you think DS will go working so late on a school night. Hope he likes his job.

Better get moving or I will be late

7. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Evening all MHHers

I really should be starting dinner. I had not printed off pictures for DD homework so I printed four. All of them are photos that also make up hidden letter shapes. I did her initials. I'll see if she notices as she does them.

LC22 left this morning after 8:30 since the roads were so bad last night. We will be getting up to 10 inches over night and into tomorrow on top of the 18 inches we now have. Boots is loving it. Twillow not so much since the snow is over his head. LC1 did some driving today. I'm interested in how it went.

I'm fixing Mongolian Beef for dinner. It's one of DD favorites but I think she has forgotten. I love it so no problem. Dh just thinks of food as fuel. lol

LC22 will be back Wednesday to spend the night. She leaves for the airport at 5am on Thursday. Her Dad will pick her up from here since he's going to Mexico and leaving a few hours before she does. She's going to shop the airport stores and listen to some podcasts until her plane leaves. I'll pick her up on Sunday when she returns. Hopefully the snow will be stopped by then.

Prayers to all who would like them.

8. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

The chiropractor did not get rid of my headache. :( I've had a headache everyday for almost a week now. I've taken at least 4 migraine pills, probably more. I was hoping my trip to the chiropractor would solve my problem but no such luck. PT was rough and then she massaged my calf and ankle and ended up hitting a spot that I didn't even know was painful, but boy was it ever! So painful, in fact, it made me sick to my stomach. She did the ultrasound machine on it and then bent my foot this way and that. When she flexed it all the way forward towards my leg, it burned almost on the side going up my leg, so she did an ice massage to numb everything. Then I was done. It all hurts now and my head hurts a lot more than when I started my day. I had planned on doing a workout this afternoon, I may still try to do what I can. We'll see.

I am going to head upstairs to my bedroom after I eat something and start on studying. I can't do it downstairs with the kids, I won't be able to concentrate. Not sure how much i'll be able to with this headache but i'm going to try.

Katrina- I hope he does okay. The latest he has worked so far is 10:30.
    Diedra- Lots of snow!

9. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Will repost my post of this morning since me and Lana seemed to have posted at the same time.
    Seems I didn't post yesterday.

Yesterday I filed some papers in my side table, finished vaccuming 1st floor and dusting it. Made sloppy joes for lunch, then after lunch ds came by before his hockey game and ddil and Zac- the dog stayed all afternoon. They left after supper around 7:00. We ordered pizza which was what they wanted - even though a day late for National Pizza day ;) So I ended up binge-watching a few episodes of Downton Abbey with ddil. She seemed to like it.

Got up at 7:00, did yoga, and been on the internet. Darn computer keeps closing every so often and it's slow. The guys at the office told me which one to go buy but we don't have the time to run errands these days ... maybe in a few weeks (remodel will be advanced). Electrician is coming back probably tonight, then the ceramic guys are here this weekend and dh has to go buy all that is needed this week.

My dad went back to hospital on Saturday & Sunday for eye check up seems ok, but he will be seen again on Tuesday and hospital will call for a scan.

Off to write a post on my blog.

Later

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

This afternoon did phone calls, cable company, made overnight oats, prepped gym & work clothes for tomorrow, made chinese macaroni (american stir-fry for you gals), hard-boiled eggs, took out recycling, and tried to shop online on Walmart, didn't work out. Oh well, guess I didn't need it after all. Then I did more puzzling.. new puzzle I took out this weekend - it's my 4th 1000 piece puzzle since the 2nd week of January.

Later

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! It was sunny and warm today and we went to the fair again. Did manage to see the racig pigs and I had a funnel cake which is traditional fair food as far as I am concerned;)

For dinner I made a red lentil soup that was pretty good along with tuna and egg salad which should last us for a few days.

Planning to finish my Israel scrapbook tonight.

Lucie - you got a lot done!
    Diedra - I love Mongolian beef!
    Jess - I read that Haleakila on Maui was closed due to snow and ice. That must have been some storm!
    Katrina and Lana - I do love a good sleep in too
    Pam - the good thing is that Samuel will outgrow it...
    Deb - busy day!

12. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone.

I'm feeling a little blue today. Not sure why. I found myself really not wanting to be at work, thinking about renovation ideas for the Crowville House (if we ever) get to move there, and just wanting to be at home, in general. DGS#1 has a ballgame tonight, but it's almost an hour away, so we opted to not go. I didn't sleep well last night; maybe I'm just tired. I'll try to get in bed earlier tonight.

I need to get DH to run off a couple of things for me for school tomorrow. I need to finish typing a study guide for my ServSafe class. My new printer came in for my room, but they didn't get it installed and linked to my computer. Hopefully, that will happen tomorrow.

I contacted a contractor today to meet me at the Crowville house to talk about ideas I have about how I want it to be remodeled.

Debbie, I'll take a funnel cake any time anyone wants to give me one!
    Lucie, sounds like a productive day at your house. I would love to live where our internet was faster and more reliable.
    Jess, it sounds like ligament or tendon damage on your ankle. I know they've done x-rays, but have they done an MRI? I hope your headache goes away.
    Diedra, y'all are getting some real winter weather. I hope both LC's are safe traveling in it.
    Lana, I know Jaymee will be excited to get in the house. It seems like it takes forever when you're the one waiting for it to all be finished. For years, we didn't get President's Day of MLK Day off. We get them both off now. They even added a fall break (Friday and Monday in October) about 10 years ago.
    Katrina, I'm glad you had a relaxing night.
    GrammaDeb, I laughed about the half inch of snow. We shut down for the threat of snow here!
    Pam, hope you managed to get to Bible study today. It always makes me feel better about life in general.

I hope you all have a great night.

13. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Well my discharge order after the thyroid biopsy was to rest. I thought I was going to come one and paint. It was not painful but very uncomfortable. I have a large bruise on my neck and a little ole band aide. Sore but I will survive. Should have results by the end of the week.

I am heading to bed. We are to get snow and ice overnight, but not as much as Diedra.
    Waving to all. Take care of yourselves.

luludou likes this.
  14. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Jody, I hope that the discomfort eases soon,
    Jane, I often get home sick and just want to hide away in my home and feel safe from the outside world. I like working just would rather be at home. Always worse on a Monday. Remodeling a house sounds very exciting.

It was a long day and I am home. Did some knitting and had a lovely meal of pork chops, mashed potato and veggies. DH is a pretty good cook.
    I am going to bed now but I hope that you all have a great, healing night.