Monday, February 24th, 2020

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Morning!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Got a text and then a call that I go to another branch today. Centralia,

Raining thru out the night and should today.

My heater in Equinox is acting up.

I better move along and get going.

Have a GREAT day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. girlsinmo

girlsinmo Well-Known Member

Good day everyone. Through the risk is low we have the possibility of severe weather today. So probably be a lot of keeping an eye on the weather today. I pray DD & her boyfriend get back from St. Louis before whatever weather hits.

Lana stay safe in the weather.

Have a good day all..

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

After the great day we had yesterday, I got hit like a ton of bricks with something: sore throat, congestion, headache and an overall feeling of awfulness. I felt terrible last night. DD made me hot tea for my throat and it helped while I was drinking it but that was about it. As the night went on I got worse and worse. I took a hot bath and asked her to make me some Sleepytime tea and she brought it to me. I went straight to bed after and didn't sleep much all night. I was tossing and turning and couldn't breathe, it hurt to swallow, had lots of drainage and congestion. At one point early on I got super hot and then I got cold. It was a very long night. DS texted DH (and me I guess but my phone goes on silent) that he thought he had food poisoning. It was almost 4 a.m.. I had heard him up several times in the bathroom. All he had was hotdogs from the Shoppette that we brought home for him, guess we won't do that again.

I decided not to go to school and spread whatever I have, so I made myself an appointment for later this morning to make sure I don't have the flu or strep throat. If i'm all clear of both then i'll go back tomorrow after DD's appointment. I'll run over to the high school this morning and withdraw DS I guess. I also have to run to my school and give my host teacher her teacher book. I'm not sure what time she arrives to school but i'm hoping she'll get my email and text me like I requested so I can run it over before the kids get there. I hate missing the hours but better safe than sorry. I guess i'll work on my first PCE task today and try to get that done. I passed my SS class and need to start my next class.

Lana- Hope it's nothing major with the heater!
    Tricia- Sending good thoughts for a safe trip for DD and BF and for no severe weather.

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning!
    Jess - hope you feel better soon. I'm pretty sure I had the influenza again (the doc did say flu and not a cold).
    Lana - seems like Teigan had a wonderful weekend with you - she is lucky to be able to see all the nature things with you.
    Tricia - hope the bad weather passes away from you
    Jane - I love hearing about all you do with the house.

Still feeling yucky but last 2 nights I managed to sleep - had a rough time with sleeping all week. Was the last night for me on the couch, since I should not be contagious anymore. dh will put some ear plugs because I have a few episodes of coughing still.
    Yesterday I was feeling human again. Vaccumed main floor and washed main bathroom. Paid bills and got insurance stuff done. Didn't do much more but did sit out in the sun 30 minutes.

Woke at 5:00 with alarm clock but really did not feel well, transferred to my bed as dh was leaving for work. slept until 7:00 awoke with stiff neck and headach, took a tylenol and went back to bed. Awoke at 8:30 and feeling a wee bit better. Washing my bedding today and airing out the pillows too. Don't think I'll get much done as still low energy and short of breath. I cancelled my appointment at noon tomorrow at work... just in case I don't feel good enough to go in. My plan is to go to work, but... if I wake up feeling like I did at 5:00 this morning I won't make it.
    The antibiotics are wreaking havoc with my tummy though :(

Later

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. MrsSoup

Lucie- I hope you get to feeling better! Did they put you on Tamiflu?

I never heard from host teacher so I just went there after dropping Eli at school. I couldn't find her so borrowed keys from the other 3rd grade teacher to put the books on her desk and left a note. When I came back out to return the keys she was walking up so I told her the books were on her desk and she said I didn't need to bring them in and she hadn't even checked her email yet. I love her but sometimes she is a little flighty. She said she would hold off on telling the class about the book I bought for them until I return.

Warm liquids help my throat but not for long. We'll see what the doc says, I just hope they test me for both the flu and strep so I can be sure I don't have either one. I would hate to go back tomorrow after DD's appointment (depending on how I feel) and then infect the kids.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Hi, Everyone!

Been having troubles with my back a lot! What else is new, huh? Woke up with a terrible sore throat this a.m., so thought I should not share my germs and did not go to Bible study.

Saturday I worked on the dinner for DD and fam. Sam is feeling a little better as of last night. He goes back to the doc tomorrow. I had to ask her if the dinner was ok, and she said it was good. Wish I had some of that cake right now. I baked my fave: yellow cake with chocolate frosting. I punched up my hot chocolate mix, and is it ever good! Sent some to DD, too. Sam usually loves his Nana's hot chocolate.

Stephen posted the sweetest video on FB today of Brysen. That kid....he is just the sweetest little fella. You can probably check his FB page to see it. Brysen really loves his Pop Pop!

I should go take my meds. Maybe I will quit hurting, or not hurt as much. Hope you all have a great day. Lucie, praying you continue on the road to recovery. But if you have the sick days, use them! Gotta go. Y'all stay safe and be blessed!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. Pam Spaur

Jess, let us know what the doc says. Hope you feel better very soon'

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning all,
    Tuesday here and it is Rudy Day. Not much of a celebration for me as I have work today but will do something tomorrow and the weekend.

DH texted me at 5.00am to say that his father had passed around 4.00am, he checked him at 3.00 and went back to sleep and the nurses woke him and said that he had passed. He is a little sad by not distraught. Funeral arrangements will be made today and DH should be home when I get home this evening.

I am suffering another headache so the work day will be a long one, hoping that the paracetamol kicks in soon.
    Well better go and get the day started.
    Much love,

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all. Sunny and warm for the next day or two - then we are told that "winter - 60's) will return for the weekend.

Our friends are visiting and I am happy to say that the dogs are getting along famously! Buffy is a tremendous host and Alex seems to enjoy bringing all of Buffy's toys to the top of the stairs. Interesting.

We had glazed spiral ham with butternut squash casserole and broccoli for dinner. Raspberry cheesecake for dessert. We had lunch out today and I am making a tomato soup with gnocchi for dinner. Tomorrow DH and I have our first Mets game of the season and our friends are visiting elsewhere. Plan to celebrate Mardi gras with shrimp etouffe and a King Cake monkey bread tomorrow. I am cooking up a storm now that I have people to eat!

Katrina - sorry to hear about DFIL, but at least DH was present. Hope all the arrangements go quickly and well.
    Jess - What did the doc say you have? and DS?
    Lucie - another day home would not hurt you
    Pam - Samuel must have been so happy to get the food and hot cocoa mix!
    Tricia and Lana - hope there is no severe weather near. you.
    Jane - you are doing wonderful work on the house.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Jess it's azitromycin, no idea what that is.
    Katrina - ((hugs)) to you and your family for your loss.
    Halimer - you are always so active with the feasts and the outings! you impress me.

I prepped a rice/chicken casserole for tomorrow, made a St-Pat's gnome (not satisfied about that one's hat either) , did dishes and nothing else.

Need to go remake my bed now.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. Pam Spaur

Katrina, my deepest sympathies to you and your family. It is always hard to lose someone you love. Prayers to all.
    Debbie, I need to come stay with you so I will eat better! Everything you fix sounds so deliciously!

John invited me for coffee this afternoon. I am getting a little bit spoiled.

That annoying little scab on the bow of my top lip is ba-ack!

Last night I fixed myself a grilled cheese with sliced tomatoes on it. SO good!

luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  13. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Katrina, deepest sympathy for your loss. Prayers for you and your family work through all the details.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

So sorry to hear your sad news, Katrina, hugs to you and your DH.

It was a steady day at work today and the hours rolled right on by. Steady is good, steady with bouts of frenzy, not so good! I spent the weekend doing Rudolph things in between meeting with a contractor (twice, more on that farther along). We have some defective siding on one side of the house that is rotting at the bottom - it's a type of siding that ended up in a class action suit because it was so bad but the previous owners never did anything about it. The dirt on that side is also higher than it should be and roots have taken hold so the door frame to the garage is also damaged. I thought the plan was to replace the defective siding and the door and frame.

On his first visit, the contractor said he would go over the existing good (vertical) siding with new horizontal and continue the new horizontal over the area that are damaged (those would be ripped out). He gave me a price, sounded good, so I told him I would talk to Vic and get back to him. Vic changed the whole game plan - he wants all of the siding taken off (a colossal waste of money in my mind) and then replaced with the new. And in addition to the door, he wants the windows replaced. None of this was discussed when we talked about getting the damaged parts replaced.

So the contractor came back again and we got Vic on FaceTime and the contractor laid out the plan according to Vic's wishes. I asked Vic if that was what he wanted and he said we would talk (in other words, not giving this poor guy who had given up his time on the weekend TWICE an answer). I thanked him for coming out and told him I would get back to him. When Vic and I talked later, now he's decided he wants the window size to match what is on the other side of the garage so I sent the contractor an email to say we were good to go, with the addition of the window size change I haven't heard back from him yet, he probably wants to run a mile from these crazy people who can't seem to make a decision. To say I am frustrated and furious with Vic is an understatement and you didn't need to hear all that but I just needed to VENT.

So, if you've read to the end of this, thank you. What does Scarlett O'Hara say, tomorrow is another day.

15. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone.

I don't think I ever got on yesterday. At 3:45 this morning, I started not feeling so well...tummy just feels off. I went to work, anyway, but at noon, told them I was coming home. Still not feeling the best. I think I have a urinary tract infection. I'll have them check tomorrow. Always feel silly when it's not what I think, though.

I have a meeting tomorrow with a NP at noon in a town about 1 hour 15 minutes away. Afterwards, I have a meeting with an ex-SisIL who works in the same town at the hospital so I can show her the program, too. Trying to kill two birds with one stone. Chances are I'll work until 5 tomorrow.

The appraiser came today, instead of tomorrow. She was impressed with the improvements we've made. We'll hear something by the end of the week, fingers crossed! We had a cabinet maker come look at the kitchen at the new house. I was thinking of just new cabinet doors and counter tops, but we may have the whole kitchen ripped out and redone, (LATER), because it will be expensive! He's going to give us a price for each way. We'll see....I don't want to go into deep debt just for the kitchen. It's perfectly functional, just not the aesthetics I prefer.

I'm off to bed to try and get myself ready for the long day tomorrow.

Hope everyone feels better soon.

More kitchen.jpg

I don't know how to make it smaller! lol

16. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Katrina - I'm sad to hear about your DH's father. I'm so sorry.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  17. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Well-Known Member

Katrina, I’m sorry to hear of your father in-laws passing. You have my prayers and sympathy.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  18. MrsSoup

Katrina- So sorry to hear of your DFIL's passing. Thinking of the family!

19. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Thank you all for your kind words, DH very much appreciates you all.

20. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Katrina, I'm sorry to hear about your FIL's passing.