Monday It Is, February 10th, 2020

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning To All!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Allen went to get some gas in my car and he will also get me a sandwich and chips for lunch.

Hoping for more cleaning tonight. Teigan said she would run the sweeper after school when she heard over the phone that Ryan was doing his room.

I am back to an hour lunch this week! :) I will be off the 3 day week-end.

Suppose I better move along.

Have a GREAT day everybody!

Debbie, the sleep did you good!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, Everyone!

February 10 already? Where has THIS month gone?

My right hip is bothering me. I slept on it the other night and did not move one inch! That is a lot of weight on it for about 7 hours. It hurts especially when I try to get out of bed.

Our soup luncheon went well at church. A fund raiser for our quilting ministry. We had left overs so got to bring stuff home. I shared with Norm and John. Norm got the most of it. That poor guy has been down with his back for almost two weeks! So he got chili, cornbread, a ham salad sandwich, and I think some cookies. John only got homemade chicken noodle soup! I got the broccoli cheddar soup! Lunch for today.

I have Bible study this a.m. Oh my goodness! Yesterday afternoon, when I left church, it was snowing. By the time I went about 2 blocks, it was almost a white out. When I went to the Verizon store, I was in there for about 15 minutes, and there was a half inch of snow on my car. And it got worse. The roads were not clear, of course, and it was very difficult to see the lanes. Anyway, I had to go to the corporate Verizon store to get stuff taken care of. By the time I got home, it had stopped snowing. About 45 minutes from start to finish. I am going to need a new phone before the end of the year.

I better get busy. I have about 15 minutes to get ready. Have an incredible day! Stay safe and be blessed!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

It is raining today so that has put a damper on our plans. Not sure what we'll do as there's not much to do indoors on the island, so we may just hang around the house today. I still need to take my dress to the cleaners but will only leave it if they can have it done before Thursday.

DD is feeling much better, but she's still sick and emotional because of it. She was going to go with us back up to Haleiwa last night to get shave ice but because we were going to try to see turtles and maybe whales she didn't want to go and was in tears. She's a bit grouchy with DBIL and DFIL as well. Hopefully she will be better today. Her fever is completely gone but she's still coughing and i'm not sure about the headache. I feel okay this morning, better than yesterday morning so we'll see.

Lana- Enjoy your longer lunches this week!
    Pam- I'm glad you were able to sleep for 7 hours but sorry that your hip is hurting because of it. Glad you made it home safely!

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all. went and had lunch with my grandson at school today. he was happy . rain later real cloudy now. watched finale of power series last nite. have alittle housework to do. have agood evening. power co cleaned up neighbors tree where it fell on friday due to rain and so much wind

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. girlsinmo

girlsinmo Well-Known Member

Good day all. I am tired today. Ashley said thanks for the birthday wishes ladies. DD cooked and brought the birthday meal with her. She cooked roast & potatoes in her crockpot, mac & cheese, baby carrots & 1 chocolate cake and 1 strawberry cake. Ashley prefers strawberry but her papa will only eat chocolate. Our DS & DIL were here as well.. I needed a nap when everyone left.

There was a little incident that showed me my boundaries need to be tighten up some more. As I age I realize peace in my household and spirit are very important to me. I heard a local pastor say one time he didn't let anyone which included adult children, parents, in laws, church members, co workers etc steal his peace esp in his home.. I think I get where he's coming from.

Lana enjoy your longer lunch hour
    Pam glad you made it safely home. Pray your hip feels better soon.
    Jess glad DD is feeling better
    Hi HW2

Have a good day everyone..

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Good morning. It's a beautiful day, although we still have a cold wind blowing off the newly snow-covered mountains.

We had a wonderful surprise for the dgkids this morning. Their older brother stopped in for a visit, and he surprised them upstairs while they were cleaning. Lots of shrieks and tears and laughter - and they are skipping school to spend the day with him.

I'm sitting with neighbor today. I got a couple loads of laundry going, fed everyone breakfast, and cleaned the kitchen before I left the house. I'm pooped...and ready to relax and crochet.

Have a great day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

I was up a little after 7 am and took some time to get the day started. I relaxed my way into the day. By 9 am I was breakfasted, dressed read some scripture and downstairs working in the sewing/craft room. Lots of moving around of things and telling myself this is not where I want to keep this but I not sure where else to put it. I am creating a holding zone to avoid bunny trails. Getting ready to head back down as soon as I record what I have eaten today.

I did get a package ready for mail today too. Asking DH to take it to the post office after he is done watching his art show on PBS.

GrammaDeb: What a wonderful surprise for dgks. So glad they feel free to miss a day of school.
    Jess: Glad things are improving health wise at your house. So much rain for you visitors :(.
    Tricia: Boundaries are needed for every family.
    Faye: DH & I did lunch with Dgd once and she was so excited to have us there. She is home schooled now.
    Pam: Sounds like you had a white-knuckled day yesterday. That's how I am when driving in those conditions.
    Lana: Lucky you for your schedule landing on a 3 day weekend.

Best move along to get thing done downstairs.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
    Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning to you all,
    Another day at the office, yesterday was an awful day with IT issues. The phones are dropping in and out and the computers also. I hate IT and we have a company that is meant to look after all this for us but it seems to be worse since they "upgraded" all the systems last year.
    Then we are meant to be doing an online workbook for our CPR refresher next month and no one can access the workbook so the are calling me for help, too much.
    Not sure what I will get up to tonight when I get home, hopefully a little me time even if it is 10 rows of knitting.
    Hoping that you all have a fabulous day.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! Sunny and warm today. The 80's are back!

Yesterday DH wanted to go to the truck dealer because they were offering a Yeti cup if you brought your truck in for a trade in appraisal. He lured me with the promise of lunch at WaWa ( I am easy to please). Turns out that he wants a new truck. Now I'm trying to figure out if we can afford it. Probably - but I really don't want to make and big money moves. More talk about it coming.

Anyhow, brought our sandwiches home, watched a couple of episodes of Brittania on Amazon an then the Oscars.

Didn't sleep at might so I scrapped, read....now I'm starting to crash from not sleeping.

Finally got to the fair today. I enjoy seeing the craftspeople. It is DS and DDIL's third anniversary coming up and that is for leather or glass if your new-fangled. Naturally they opted for the glass but I found leather coozies at the fair and got those too - unique.

I want to finish my scrapping so I can clear off the table before DS comes down this weekend, so that will be my project.

Hugs to all.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon!
    Got up at 7:30, exercised, did laundry, vaccumed basement, posted on my blog, prepped gym & work clothes, did dishes and emptied dishwasher. At 1:00 went to knitting lady and on the way back stopped by the pharmacy to drop off old medication and get a few things. Been knitting this afternoon.
    Need to go prep a few things in the kitchen and then back to knitting.

Beautiful day outside , balmy.

Later

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Oh yes. He can get a new truck and you can get something equal the cost. Let him keep the Yeti cup. lol

This sounds just like something my Dh would do.

13. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Hello there!

Work just kept going and going and going today - hardly had a chance to stop and take a breath. I cooked a big pot of rice pasta and tossed it with a jar of Whole 30 approved pasta sauce from Whole Foods to make enough lunches for the week yesterday but yeuch, it was awful. I won't be taking that after today. Just tasteless. Probably needed a lot added to it but I was looking for something quick and easy.

Not sure if I mentioned that Sophia passed her Praxis test which is the certification test for teaching. All she needs now is the results of her assessment, fingers crossed all will be well. She's busy subbing - all last week and most of this week.

I'm not up to a whole lot - working my way through the filing cabinet, getting rid of things we don't need to keep and monthly/quarterly statements when I have an annual statement that shows everything. Shredded a stack about four inches tall yesterday. I'm also sorting linens - tablecloths, placemats, napkins, tea towels, giving it all a long, hard look to see what I will never use. Some of it is brand new so off to the consignment shop it will go.

First day in a long time there was no rain. Not that I mind it but it's nice to walk to the bus and home again without getting wet.

luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  14. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone.

The succession was filed on the father of the people from whom we're buying the house. I'm ready for all the paperwork and red tape to be done, so we can get in there. We can live in it as is. I would like for the new flooring to go down before we move in, though. Just easier if we don't have to shift things around for flooring.

Dr. R hired a new person today for PR at the clinic. She will probably take over some of the things I have been doing! That's great...I can do it, but it's not a natural personality strength for me.

There are flash flood watches all around us. One school system has dismissed school tomorrow because of flooded roads. It's currently 65° here. It's so humid we have the A/C running.

Stay safe, everyone...whatever you're doing and whatever your weather situation is.

Ahorsesoul and luludou like this.
  15. jampss

jampss Well-Known Member

PamG - Are you doing the Whole30? I have done that before. I haven't now for a few years, but before that, DH and I did it every January for about four years. It's a good reset. And ... DH would loose about 20 pounds! He eats badly. He never kept it off, unfortunately. Last night, a friend of mine and I attended her chiropractor's Dinner with the Doc talk at a local deli. She was explaining to the group about the Whole30.

Ahorsesoul likes this.