Monday, January 7th, 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Have to pack a lunch and put the drained dishes away.

Was a GREAT week-end weather wise. About 57 58 both days! This coming wk-end as of now saying a mix will come.

Got some stuff done this week-end but as always could use more time off to do more! I am off Thursday so will have 20 minute lunches.

Had written a couple thank you notes for Christmas gifts and have lost them!!!! I swear. They were in my purse and gone.

Teigan will be home tonight. I am glad Ryan got her, it is good for her to go there and see him but sure miss her. Will see if she notices her curtains and a couple other things done around here.

Jane that is sad about the wreck. Prayers for all.

Everybody have a GREAT day!

3. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning! Still feeling yucky. Barely slept . DH tossed and turned all night too but he is off to work.

Have a doctor's appointment this afternoon. Have done nothing yet this morning, just no energy. Geez! hope this crud leaves soon.

Jane , so sad!

4. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning to all. just dropped off my grandson to pre school 3rd day he was excited. went to cvs and got some cards and a stocking and santa socks and 3 charlie brown fiqures all for 6.50 good deal. will clean up wash a load of clothes before i pick him up . have a great day

5. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

Lucie-- hope you get to feeling better. My whole house is coughing and snotting all well. :(

I am up early. Kiddo is back to school today. My house will be quiet for a few hours.

I am hitting the housework hard so that I can knit this afternoon. Suppose to be nice temps so I will get outside for a short while.

Hope everyone has a good day.

6. horsemama

horsemama Member

Good morning all.

I had that 'crud' a couple months ago, seemed to hang on for a while. Hope everyone feels better soon.

Had a mild weekend, seemed more like spring than winter. I got all the Christmas stuff down, and I just have to put the trees back in the crawl space tonight. My next project is a photo gallery in my living room, so I'm going to spend a few evenings going thru the photo albums looking for pics to get enlarged. I have plenty of photo frames to use. Should be fun.

7. luludou

Horsemama a photo gallery is a lovely project.

I cancelled acupuncture tomorrow, will just stay here... supposed to be a snowstorm and don't feel like coughing for everyone at the clinic.
    I did manage a few things this morning, slowly. I posted on my blog, dvrd new programs, menu planned, updated freezer inventory. Have taken out all that is needed to make my lasagna and sheppard's pie when I come back from doc's office. Also found 2 more buttons to add to dh's shirt (yep 2 more buttons were missing), and pulled out insurance papers I need to figure out. After that I'll call it quits for the day.

Later

8. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Looks like a beautiful morning so I think I will go sit on the porch again with my coffee and a book for a bit. The Thrift Shop is having a member's only shopping day today so DD and I will go and check it out. I want to do some stuff in the house today like the closet downstairs and then maybe finally tackle the built-in desk area. I also need to run by the post office and mail off some things. I need to set some hamburger out for dinner. DS flies in late tonight so I need to make sure there's nothing else I wanted to do in his room. I feel like maybe I should get some plug in air fresheners for in there or something. haha

Lana- Glad you had a nice weather weekend! I'm sure the notes will turn up somewhere.
    Lucie- I hope you get to feeling better soon.
    Faye- Great deals!
    Carrie- Work before play!
    HM- A photo gallery sounds wonderful! We have a mini gallery wall in the dining area, mostly photos but also a big letter initial for our last name. I would like to add more quirky items that aren't photos someday.

Enjoy your day!

9. Lori K

Lori K Member

Good morning/afternoon, everyone! So sorry to read that so many are battling the "crud", as I am. This is a tough one to beat. For what it's worth, I was on Mucinex DM for 7 days with little relief -- didn't want it to get into the chest and become bronchitis. A colleague suggested that I switch to the "sinus" formula, which I did, and I'm finally starting to feel better -- it's drying up all the post-nasal stuff.

I was able to take down all of the Christmas decor over the weekend. DD and SIL came for dinner yesterday and helped me get everything stowed away until next year. After work, I'll tackle the little stuff that always seems to remain, get the ladder and step-stool stowed, and tackle some dusting. Those pesky green "needles" from artificial trees and wreathes drive me nuts!

Until tomorrow, rest up and drink lots of fluids! Hope you all feel better soon!
    Best,
    Lori

10. luludou

Back from the doc's - it's influenza (and yes I did have the vaccine :( ). it lasts 7-10 days so I'm towards the end of it. Should be ok to go back to work on Wednesday. No medication whatsoever.

I cancelled acupuncture for tomorrow, just feeling without energy, will be my last rest day before going back to work.

11. horsemama

horsemama Member

MrsSoup - how big is your picture gallery? Just curious. :) I'm thinking about maybe 8x10s and 5x7s...I don't know about larger than that. I also bought a couple wood plaques to paint or Modge Podge some sayings on.

To anyone trying to beat the 'crud', I used Alka Seltzer Cold Plus for some relief.

12. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

I opened the door to let the sunshine in and some fresh air. What in the world!! There were dirty spot where I didn't think about. The sunshine let me see things I had missed. Then I started to think about how profound that was. My brain started to take that deeper into my spiritual life and emotional life. Youch!

I think I need to open the door more often and let the sunshine in. My house would be cleaner. :cool:

Ahorsesoul and luludou like this.
  13. MrsSoup

I have an 11x14, some 8x10's, some 5x7's and one 4x6. 9 photos in total and then the big letter. My frames are mis-matched as well so not all the same.

luludou likes this.
  14. MrsSoup

DD and I went to the post office and got things mailed. The only box left is the one for my mom but i'm not done with it yet. Then we went to the Thrift Store. I found 4 shirts ($2 each) and a puzzle for $.50 and I picked up 3 tennis balls for the dogs at $.50 each. DD bought a 3 book box set of Harry Potter books, not the regular ones but Fantastic Beasts and two others. We came home and I decided to run Alice but I realized that she wasn't really picking up anything so I had to check her out. Her bin was empty, I knew that, but the way into the bin was clogged. She's good now and back to work. I had to start her over though. DS just boarded his first flight so is on his way.

Our neighbors that are leaving are selling their hoverboard for super cheap since the movers won't pack it because of the battery. DD really wants it so I messaged them and told them that we'll take it if it hasn't already been sold. We went and knocked but they weren't home. I think i'll start on the closet when Alice is done running. Until then i'm going to start working on the budget and such or maybe i'll continue reading.

15. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Good afternoon all. The kiddoes went back to school - no more sleeping in for me...sigh. I fixed overnight oats for their breakfast and their lunches before I went to bed last night. I sat with my neighbor - she slept the entire time I was there. I texted with my oldest DD and had some good crochet time while she sewed.

I came home and chopped veggies & fruit for dh's and my lunch and for DD to take to work. Prepped a casserole for dinner, and it's ready to pop in the oven. Laundry is going, and I'm ready to crochet.

Have a good day everyone!

16. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good evening!

It was an ok day. I had Bible study this a.m. Good as always. Then we talked for about 1/2 hour when we were leaving. I had to go to Target and get my pain meds. Got some other snacks for DD and I when we go on our mommy/daughter date tomorrow. We are going to see Mary Poppins tomorrow afternoon. I am excited. Samuel drove to school today for the very first time. An emotional day for his nana.

Came home and the first thing I did was to take my pain pill. My goodness, but I was hurting!

My new next door neighbor has had trouble with her 24 year old son. They were in a big, and I do mean BIG fight Saturday night. He cussed her ouin no uncertain terms. If one of my kids spoke to me like that, I would be climbing my step stool and slapping the crap out of them! If it happens again, I will call the police. She is a very sweet lady. He is a smart Alec jacka**! And rude! The apartment office doesn't know that he and his girlfriend are staying there. If the office did, my neighbor could be evicted! It is a long story, but they need prayer!

I managed to have a short nap this afternoon. I am going to see what to fix for supper. It is only 7:50 p.m. That is still dinner time, isn't it? TTYL.

17. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Late night posting for me. Busy day at work, makes 4pm come quickly. Quiet weekend, laundry, organized my desk, picked up a few groceries. My couch is finally coming on Saturday and I can’t wait! Vic’s traveling, Sophia’s busy with her schoolwork, bi-coastal life goes on.

18. MrsSoup

Evening!

I got the closet cleaned and reorganized. We didn't get the hoverboard, it was already gone. Oh well. I walked down to our friends house to give them the Heineken that the neighbor gave me. Stayed down there for quite a while talking. She's got some family stuff going on back home, not sure when exactly it happened but i'm guessing several days ago if not longer and she just told me about it today. I'm trying not to feel bad about that but at the same time I feel like we're supposed to be best friends and she's probably been talking to her neighbors about it, why didn't she call me? I feel like I give so much and try to be a really good friend but I don't get much back in return, so maybe I should just quit trying so hard. So, i'll wait for her call now. I opened the door and extended the branch after the thing with the kids, but I always do when things feel weird.

DH wanted pizza for dinner, so that's what we got. We are watching the Clemson/Alabama game. I'm rooting for Clemson since we lived in South Carolina but most of Hawaii is rooting for Alabama because of Tua Tagovailoa since he's from here. Clemson is kicking butt though. I need to get my yoga done and then maybe take a nap since we have to go get DS later from the airport.

19. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good afternoon,
    What a busy day you have all had. I normally get on in the morning but this morning I was running a little late. Last night there was a frightful thunder storm that rolled through at about 1.am. I don't think for as long as I live I will hear thunder as loud as it was last night. The house literally shook at one stage. Any way it took me a while to get back to sleep. I was so sad about leaving my bed this morning.
    Anyway it has turned out to be a nice day but I think we will have more rain on the radar.

I hope that the ones of us who are feeling unwell start to feel better very soon.

Must go,

20. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone. It's a weird night to me, because my body can't get back into the swing of going to bed and getting ready for work. DH and I went to Monroe after work. We had several errands to run over there, and if not tonight, it would have been Friday before we could go. Didn't really want to give up my Friday night to running errands.

I went to DS's house after we got home, so he could tell me about his cruise. I was there for over an hour. DH was watching the game when I got home. One if Alabama's players is one of his former players who played for him in junior high through his 8th grade year, but transferred to a larger school in Monroe so he had a better chance of being recruited. He comes by to see DH every time he's home. I worked on the budget and paying bills. We decided to consolidate some payments through the credit union at a lower interest rate. I want to get things paid off by the time I start drawing a retirement income. As long as we stay the course, it should be good.

Crazy weather here. Got to 70°F today. I feel like we need the air conditioner on. It's still about 67. By Thursday, I think the high is only in the 40s.

The students at school seemed okay today. The counselor came and talked to my class that she was in. I have a student in there who's brother died from a broken neck during a football game about 4 years ago. She was a little visibly moved by it and took time to pray silently for the girl's family. We were told the girl ran off the road and over corrected. I thought the boyfriend was driving, but it was her. I don't think driver's education teachers take the time to properly teach kids what to do if that happens. They panic and jerk the wheel causing the car to careen the opposite direction into a spin, when what they need to do is take their foot off the accelerator and gently guide the car back on the road. Her funeral will be Thursday, and I'm sure we will have a number of students out. No plans to dismiss school that I know of.

Jess, I'm sorry things are going that way with your friend. Some people are hard to be friends with. Praying DS makes it home safely. I would be a nervous wreck until he got home.
    Pamela, that must be hard to be apart for so long at a time. I'm already missing DD like crazy.
    Pam, is your stimulator not doing you any good?
    Lana, there is ALWAYS more to do!
    GrammaDeb, it's hard getting everyone, including us adults, back into school mode.
    Faye, good buys! That's so good that DGS is still liking pre-school.
    Horsemama, the photo gallery sounds great! Glad you got all the Christmas down.
    Carrie, it's amazing (and sometimes discouraging) what a good dose of sunshine reveals!
    Lucie, oh, no! Take care and just rest!!! I don't think you know that word...REST! But you need to do it now!
    Lori, I was thinking the same thing today about the "needles" that fall off the artificial stuff. Glad you had some help getting things down.
    Katrina, I know that type of thunder....we had some a few months ago...Hope you find some rest.

Night, everyone. Praying everyone rests well and those who are ill feel better soon.