Monday July 9th, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

I finished reading a Beverly Lewis book last night Proving. I like her. A week or 2 ago I read a Danielle Steele Friends it was really good. In the last 3 weeks have read 5. Lunchtime mostly and some at bedtime.

Got one set of shutters up and I like them. As Allen said you don't have a choice! Hmmm---I said I could rebuy some.

BUT............. speaking of money I have misplaced (hope) or lost a drive up envelope of money. Over $500.00. VERY unlike me to misplace such items as that!!!! Have had it in my purse forever (well middle of May) and at one time it was on my desk ................................

It is to start warming up again this week!

Suppose I better go feed fish and try to think some. Was a restless night.

Have a GREAT day everybody!

3. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Morning,
    I have to be at work at 12:30. It is staff meeting day. It will be a very long meeting I am not looking forward to it. My home is starting to feel very cluttered to me. I am so tired when I am not working that I am not able to keep up with the housework. DH is trying to help too. The heat we both work in just drains the energy out of us. I have 2 days in a row off this week and hope to get things done.

Have a bless day everyone. Lana I pray you find your envelope.

4. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning!

Just dropped Vic at the airport so it's home to do laundry, unload the dishwasher, and finish up my inventorying in the Christmas room. I noticed that the ceiling fan mechanism appears to be loose so I need to get the totes out of the way for the maintenance crew to come over and take a look at it. That's about all that's on the agenda for today.

5. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Morning, everyone. Busy weekend here, so I didn't post. Ballgames Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. DGS#1's baseball team placed 2nd in the state, so they will play in the Dixie Youth World Series in Texas in two weeks! Exciting!

Even though, we didn't get in from the ballgames until after midnight, we made it to church Sunday, back for a ballgame in the afternoon, and bake for church last night. Then, we went to DD21's house in Ruston. Long story and don't have time to go into it, but needed to talk to her house mates about a talk I had with the landlord. So, home again last night at nearly 1:00...three nights in a row home after midnight. I'm dragging!

I have a follow up appointment at 9:30 this morning from blood work, so need to get a move on. Just wanted to get on and say hi....said a lot more than that! lol

So glad to see they've gotten out 8 of the 12 boys from the cave! Have been praying for a miracle.

I'll check in later...hope you are all have a great day!....Lana, will pray you find the envelope...so frustrating, I know.

6. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning to all . had agreat weekend . had a birthday party for my 4 year old grandson. he loved it. weather was great to be outside. hope everyone has agood day enjoy the nice days while we can. hallmark premire orament this weeknd. cant wait

7. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning!

Had a psych assessment today to prepare for my back thingie. It was interesting, but I don't know why it is necessary. Sigh.

Will work on baby things this afternoon. One more burp cloth, and that will make an even dozen.

MJ is staying in. I know she loves to be on the go, but this heat and humidity has really gotten to her. But her spirits are good. I sure do love that lady.

My Dgd is coming next Tuesday to spend the day. I can hardly wait. I am so looking forward to spending time with her. Just one on one. It will be fun.

I had better get on the ball and get busy. Lana, For the missing bag. Maybe it got stuck somewhere in the chute if someone deposited it. The Lord will help you find it! Just ask Him. Love to all!

8. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning!
    Had mil for supper and to sleep here on Saturday night... no need to invite her... she invited herself because dh's 2 sisters were busy and she doesn't want to stay alone. ... I thought it was because we had a/c but saturday night was cooler and no a/c needed... and she slept in the small room with door and window shut... so it must've been hot. Made her hamburgers as we were getting ready to cook and I only had 2 small steaks.
    Sunday we went for a visit to dh's cousin in the afternoon - so windy here, ran out of electricity for at least 2 hours.
    Last night don't know what happened, was getting ready for bed and dh just lost it... whatever we did not sleep well, guess we'll have to talk this out tonight... no idea what got into him.
    this morning was a lady coming for the shaving of the cat (1st time) and she is easily scared... gosh by the time it was done we were both shaking. she was really traumatized. Now she is ok, I petted and played with her afterwards. she is looking funny! but she had so much fur! she'll be much better for summer.

Have made a very small fairy garden in the front, cooking some bacon, vaccumed all 1st floor. will pick up some groceries after going to the knitting lady.

Later

9. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

My friend and I are walking this morning so I got up around 5:30 to find my workout capris and have a cup of coffee and get my water ready. We aren't leaving until around 6:30. I like to get my morning routine accomplished before I do anything. haha The kids are all still in bed and DH is at PT but will get home before i'm back i'm sure. Apparently I have the chiropractor at 9:30 this morning and then the Thrift Store is opening up for members only and friends today and then they will officially reopen tomorrow for everyone. But I really can't spend any money so I don't know if friend and I will go or not. I'm a member, she's not. I really need to work around here today. I have physical therapy at 3:15 this afternoon which means my drive home will be horrendous in traffic.

Lana- Great reading! Oh no on the money! I sure hope it turns up!
    Jody- Please take care of yourself too! The house will still be there. Drink lots of water!
    Pamela- Have fun in the Christmas room!
    Jane- Are you feeling better? Sounds like it with all you did this weekend. haha
    HW2- Thanks for the reminder about the premiere!
    Pam- Exciting about your DGD coming!
    Lucie- Sorry about DH. :( And the cat. What a traumatizing weekend for you. I hope the week is better.

Enjoy your day!

10. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good morning. I was supposed to go clothes shopping with neighbor this morning, but she decided she is not going. Her DH thinks she might be better another day - maybe, but I don't know how many "better" days she will have. He buys his clothes online - I will suggest the same for her.

Not shopping today works out better for me. Laundry day. I also get to fix dinner tonight. I found chicken wings for a good price, so we will have teriyaki chicken wings with French fries & veggies. A pineapple upside down cake sounds good too.

Lana - Several years ago DH & I traveled by train with a large Amish family, and even though our interactions were minimal, they were very pleasant. I have enjoyed many of Beverly Lewis' books. I hope you find your money!
    Jane - Yay for your dgs! That's exciting!
    Pam - Congratulations on making all those burp cloths. And I agree, do remember to take care of yourself too. Stay cool.
    Lucie - I have wanted a fairy garden for years. I even bought supplies for DH to make one for me - I forgot all about it. Hmmm, maybe I can interest the dgkids into making one.
    Hello to everyone else too!

Have a great day.

11. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Going on 46 minutes now on the phone with Verizon trying to get my account sorted out. Switched to the new military discount plan but the bill summary I received as an email confirmation wasn't anywhere near what the representative told me what it would be. I'm thinking I see T-Mobile in our future after all.

12. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Went to knitting lady, pharmacy, dollarstore (bought some butterflies for the fairy garden) and bought some groceries. Too hot to go outside right now so I'll just relax in front of the tv. I bought steaks for supper.

13. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Sad to hear that Tab Hunter passed away. DH & I are watching Damn Yankees in remembrance.

14. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

we had some cooler days now back hot. come on fall

15. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    -4 here this morning so a bit chilly. Will need to scrape the car before heading to work.
    Glad to hear that more boys are out of the cave, hopefully the rest will be out today.
    Work for me, I will continue on the stocktake, a mind numbing job but thankfully is only once a year.
    Boss will be in this afternoon so need to get my work done early because as soon as she gets in she dumps loads onto me.

Hope that you are all staying cool and are drinking water to stay hydrated.
    Love to you all,