Monday June 4th 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Hello!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Diedra, be safe on your drive. Enjoy your dinner. Will be exciting to see your new door when you get home!

Katrina, made me laugh with your drying!

Michelle, glad you had a productive day!

I need to call for a cut/color appt..

I think I would like to be home this week or at least the days they are saying low 80's. Could declutter alot outside. Allen took a few things up to storage on Saturday from the breezeway. Oh well I guess when I get home eat, clean up then can enjoy the outside for a VERY short time.

I better go cut up the cauliflower and broccoli we brought yesterday and get into bowls.

Have a GREAT day everybody!

3. PamelaG

PamelaG Well-Known Member Staff Member

Good morning,

Busy-ish weekend, recovering from the command picnic, running a few errands, Vic getting ready to leave again. Not much on the calendar this week so hoping to get motivated to do some more sorting and inventorying and of course, finish up my CIJ ornaments and get them in the mail.

4. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, Friends!

I have Bible study this a.m. Looking forward to that. It is a great Bible study, and we have great discussions. I love going.

I may run a few errands afterwards. I need some help with a financial matter. I had my checking account hacked (I think told you about it.). My rent check bounced. I do not have another $526! In 19 years, I have never had that happen. I pay it before anyone else. I am so upset about it. I haven't cried much, but it is coming. I am slowly losing my mind.

Samuel is getting ready to go to the Dominican soon. His mom's best friends will be his 'parents' when he is down there. I love that kid so much.

Better start getting ready. Have a great day!

5. PamelaG

PamelaG Well-Known Member Staff Member

Did you file a police report about your account? I had my debit card stolen a few years ago and the thief emptied out my checking account. I filed a police report which I took to the bank and not only did they reinstate all the funds into my account, they also reversed any fees.

6. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good morning all. We are already 90 deg, going up to 107 today. Ugh.

I had a little meeting with dgkids this morning - told them how it's going to be every day. Breakfast, chores, exercise, and then planned activities. A trip to the library & lunch one day, crafts a couple days, games, baking, or whatever. Their daddy takes them to the pool several days a week, and he monitors play station & computer time. I'm so glad these kids don't fight & argue - they are best friends.

Katrina - you made me laugh too. I used to hang wet laundry everywhere in my little house - sheets were a challenge, draped over chairs. Visitors would be amused at all the "tents."

Pam - I'm so sorry to hear about your bank account. How scary! Good idea about the police report, Pamela.

Today is my laundry day - blah. Time to change loads. Have a great day.

PamelaG likes this.
  7. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon!
    Pam ((hugs)) hoping they can sort out that checking account and catch the culprits.

Called and left a message for a haircolor / cut this week. vaccumed all 1st floor, mopped floors, washed oven, did some laundry, picked up my medication, put gas in the car, picked up mail, paid bills, and it's already 4:00! dd did not do much today, less energy with the medication. However she FINALLy got an appointment for vaccination tomorrow afternoon - she will be having 4 vaccines and she can start her medication the week after.

I still have another matter to take care of and my day is done. we will be having spaghetti with the sauce I prepared yesterday so that's easy-peasy.

I posted on my blog for those interested.

8. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hi all! Spent the last 5 days up in New Paltz, NY (near Poughkeepsie) running a rally for our camping club Region. We had 65 trailers which made for about 130 people to feed, entertain, etc.

DH and I did do a marvelous job and it seems like everyone had a great time. We did a 60's theme and the band we had Saturday night was great and got lots of people up dancing. Food was good and there was always enough of it. Like I said - a good time time was had by all but we are very glad it is over!

We got back at about 1, I unloaded my clothes and food from the camper and am now catching up on newspapers and watching TV. Will have to do some straightening up later as cleaning lady is coming tomorrow. DH has taken Buffy for her flu shot.

Pam - do contack the bank about the hack
    Katrina - We had no dryer when I was a kid and all the clothes were hung on a "clothesline" over the toilet - fun having to go!
    Diedre - I now you enjoyed Victoria's
    Deb - sounds like the kids will enjoy a great summer with you
    Lana - Did Jaymee and Teigan enjoy their time away
    Jess - how is your trip going? is it affected by the volcanic activity
    Michelle - glad to see you back again
    Jane - how are you feeling???

9. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon had a fun day with my grandson today. time always go by to fast. it was a little cool this morning but it turned out hot. hope everyone has a good evening

10. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Met DD new friend last night, he seems like an absolutely lovely young man. (Undies were put out of sight phew). He and I share a birthday so there is that too. He is a little older than DD, he will be 30 in January and she will turn 26 the day before. They seem very happy together, not sure if it is serious yet but will see.
    DD mentioned that it would be nice to travel to Europe Christmas 2019 to visit some Christmas markets in Austria and Germany. I will check with her later if it was a serious invitation or just a musing. If serious I better start saving.
    Work for me today and then fingers crossed 6 days off as this coming Monday is a holiday. Looking forward to the time as I have a lot of jobs written in the planner. It will be great to be able to catch up and get back on track.

I better get the day started,
    Much love.

11. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

IHello all!

I am so out of the loop! It's been crazy, hectic here. We survived another recital week successfully. Miss M did a great job! We are in our final week of school. This school year can't be over soon enough....3 more days with students. I finished all my required evaluation forms, portfolio and such today. It was so much work! I'm so glad it is finished. My eval meeting is on Wednesday.

J injured his back last Saturday. It's been a rough go for him this last week. He is in a lot of pain. It's been hard for us all... he finally got back to work today.

I had a pretty trying day today, and just got my third invite to our hs graduation from another former student. It was just what I needed to make me go to school tomorrow.

I need to catch up with you all!

Take care!

luludou likes this.
  12. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Evening all MHHers

We were awakened by the installers at 7 this morning. Last we had heard was they were coming either Monday or Tuesday. Two guys. They both seemed to know what they were doing except neither had installed a Pella sliding door before. I then left at 9 for Mayo.

I go the back way to avoid the traffic in the Twin Cities. Was making great time until the road was closed in Minnesota. So I turn at the detour sign, go about 10 miles without seeing any other sign. I figured I must have missed it so I turn around to another road that I think will get me past the detour. Nope the whole road must be close for about 10 miles. So I back track again heading west (instead of south) until I come to the highway that comes out of the Twin Cities. Smooth sailing on that road right down to Mayo. So I adjust my route for my return home. lol

After I was checked into the clinic, I'm reading and listening to other people. Most of them were complaining about the wait. One lady has waited almost 45 minutes past her time. Turns out the mammo people were running late. Not problem for me. My next appt was hours away. I get called in, get a lot of shots taken and only one needed a retake. I go sit in the waiting room to see if they need any more. Lady calls my name and she's standing across the room where the heavy compression machines are kept. But she won't tell me why exactly they need to do this. Yes, I have dense tissue but that has always been. I decided I really do not want anymore pain so she calls in the doctor to talk me into more pain. I say ok, but only one shot. Dr did say they thought they were only seeing folded over skin and nothing to worry about. Turns out that was exactly what it was. So I'm good for another year.

Now it's 2 pm. I run one to Victoria's ordering as they seat me. Mushroom Passion Pasta. Always excellent. I knew both the waitresses in my area. One of the sat with me so we talked about the problems with the schools in Rochester. She finally has put in DD in a private Catholic one. I could only eat about half my meal before I had to run to my next appointment. I really like the PA I see. Not only did we talk about what she could recommend but also genealogy and DNA testing. I will have a DNA test for medication done the next time I'm at Mayo and I need my colon checked (what fun).

The lady making the appointments was busy on the phone so I'm sent out to the waiting room. 45 minutes with no appointment I ask the ladies at the front desk if I need to wait. They send me home saying I can just check their portal for the info. HA, I'm out of the parking ramp (took 20 minutes to exit) when the scheduling lady calls. For some reason my bluetooth was working so I let it go to voicemail. I'll call them tomorrow. Of course that's when I recalled the DNA test probably could have been done today if I had waited. lol Oh well I'll be back there at the end of the month.

Drive home was great since I knew about the detour. I arrived back home at 6:45. Dh had given DD dinner and washed up the dishes.

The new door looks great. It really lets in a lot of light even with the blinds shut. There are a few problems. Opening and closing the binds is really hard and it shouldn't be. I'll call the store tomorrow. There is also a place on the outside that is crammed together so the is a pucker (factory problem). The finish on the inside of the wood is not as nice as the sample we were given. I'll address that too. Once those problems are taken care of I'll install the trim around the kitchen side of the door. I didn't want the factory's trim. Too plain.

I will sleep well tonight. Hope everyone else does too.