Monday May 13th, 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, May 13, 2019.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

I am up and showered. Need to go straighten in kitchen before going to work.

Tonight we have a bank meeting so won't be home till 6:30-7. Teigan will have soccer (in town I work) but meeting is at the main bank in Irington so I will just drive a triangle today. Allen just got up and will go put gas in my car. It is 5:30.

Have my dress clothes in dryer. One load left to do.

Manager will leave at noon today. I should be off Thursday but co-worker is taking off Memorial week-end and wasn't her weekend so things got traded around. I am off 2 Saturdays in a row and then will work 2 in a row.

I think Jaymees counter tops come this week and windows next. After like 6 weeks give or take the shower is running. The guy she had kept firing people and wouldn't show up and Sat. it was to be done and he was a no show so a guy put the plumbing in last night in less than ah hour. Some work still needs done around tub but they can shower now and use tub so ...... moving will probably be this coming week-end. Bittersweet!!!! As I said before just clothes and toys to go and then clean out storage unit. There is stuff that was left at Jaymees that a lady from flea market place will probably come and buy. China cabinet, couches etc......It is in basement and garage. Oh yeah and 2 cats to go!

Suppose I better move along. Woke up at 12:30 and awake alot since then and restless. Was warm and coughing. This cough thing I have had is going on about 2 months---so tired of it.

Everybody have a GREAT day. On my blog is 2 pictures of Teigan from winter. I know signature line doesn't take you to my blog. I have tried a zillion things to fix it and people still say can't get to it!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning Lana and all who follow!

I have a personal day today. I'm up early to take M to the new dentist before taking her to school. Then I think I will go to Sam's Club for the things we need, and maybe make a stop at Hobby Lobby, Pier One and TJ Maxx. I texted H to see if he wanted to come along, but he must still be asleep.

M has dance tonight, so that's the plan for this evening.

Jane...20 more student days. This week will be crazy....someone...admin....scheduled benchmark testing and pd at the same time, we already have no subs, and then they do that. It puts a real burden on the teachers who are there to pick up the pieces.

Lana....I bet Jaymee is excited. Hope the move goes smoothly.

Have a day full of blessings!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning to all. raining off and on. took my grandson to preschool only 1 more week for him. hope everyone had a nice day yesterday i did. have alittle house work to do the run to lowes to get afew more plants. have agood day

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning all MHHers

Nothing on the schedule for today. I did make a Dr appointment for me this afternoon. I'll have the surgeon look at my wound site. It'a pink and itchy. Just a double check that it's ok. I'm probably allergic to the glue they used. Nothing unusual for me. lol

DD is up but just wandering around in her PJs. She did clean the cat box so Twillow is happy. I might work on getting my bedroom back in order. I have drawers open (for putting items closer to the bed so I wouldn't have to reach so far) and I have pile of things from my purse since I emptied it out when I went for surgery.

Dh thinks I'm going to help him load up my huge potting planters. Not going to happen from me. Right now he's working on our kitchen to garage door. The lock seems to be sticking. Might be that it needs batteries. I remember telling him the lock was beeping several months ago. Would not be funny to actually get locked out of our house. We do not carry keys since it's has a lock pad. Makes it easier for the LCs. When one leaves we just take their number out of the key pad instead of worrying about lost keys.

teachermomof2 likes this.
  6. happy2bme

happy2bme Well-Known Member

Good morning,

We have already had some rain, but it has stopped and the sun is shining - crazy weather.

Today is my last day off, back to work tomorrow. I am going to try and get as much done as possible. Laundry has been started, kitchen tidied up and the last few boxes need to be unpacked. I will meet K in town after her shift and we will do the grocery shopping.

Have a great day!

7. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Seems like the new migraine med may actually work in knocking out the migraine, we'll see though. So far, so good. I have nothing on my schedule today so will be at home working on schoolwork all day. My goal is to get 3 units knocked out so i'm caught up. Hopefully I can do it. They seem like they are short but I don't know what they entail so we shall see. Fingers crossed that they are. I will get my workout in this morning so it's done.

Lana- It's crazy that so many people have been no-shows when so many complain about having no work. Glad things are finally getting done.
    Lisa- Sounds like a productive day for you! Enjoy it!
    Hi Faye!
    Diedra- Glad you're getting checked out! Definitely don't help load anything, what is he thinking?!? My mom's house has locks like that.
    Hi Mel!

Enjoy your day!

8. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! Weather is rainy and cold - just like yesterday - not getting out the the 50's and some 40's at night. Spring!!!!

Had a nice weekend camping. On Saturday it was beautiful weather but the rest of the time it was mediocre. Coolish and cloudy. But it was good friends and good food and good upcoming plans so all in all a success.

So far today I've taken out the papers, paid some bills. walked the dog and caught up with my dear MHH friends. Next stop should be lunch. Someone is coming to fix our back door screen that Buffy ran into and that will be a big help when the weather gets better. Plan to start laundry and some general clean up. Tonight I have to catch up on the Big Bang Theory and the Blue Bloods wedding:)

Diedra - take it easy as long as possible - won't the LC's be available to help?
    Jess - the luau looked like great fun on FB
    Jane - almost there....
    Mel - how wonderful that you're moved in at settled
    Lana - good that Jaymee's house stuff is getting settled
    Pam - I hope that MJ knows what a wonderful friend she has in you!
    Katrina - what lovely Mother's Day gifts!

9. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning,

Sad news this morning about the death of Doris Day - loved her movies, beautiful voice, such an amazing friend of animals. I'm off work today - just felt blah this morning, stomach upset over the weekend, heartburn, headache, I think I just need a day off in general (yes, I know I've just had the whole weekend!). I'm so torn - work = $$ to do things around the house and something to pass the time while Vic is gone and staying home = no more 0430 wake-ups and time to enjoy our home and do all the crafty things I love. I have to work on finding a balance between the two.

Bangs trim on Saturday, quick grocery run, moved furniture around to make the rooms look empty for before shots so I can put up a before and after album when everything is here and arranged. Received the Southern Living Christmas in the Kitchen book I ordered from Ebay on Friday - the "apparently unread book in perfect condition" had wrinkled and folded pages, a grease stain that leaked through several pages, and an actual crumb of something on one page - someone had apparently made one of the recipes and spilled ingredients on the page! I complained, filed a return request, and got an email saying here's your refund and just keep the book. I'll clean it up - love the recipes inside. I also thoroughly enjoyed the Instant Pot Italian book I got from the library - lots of recipes can be converted to Whole 30 and/or gluten-free. I'm searching for a gluten-free focaccia recipe.

A quiet Mother's Day - FaceTime with both Vic and Sophia - card from Sophia and flowers from Vic. I did some thinking and planning - things to do around the house - and watched a lot of Netflix.

Hope your day is going well!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

This unit i'm working on just seems to go no forever!!! I've been working on it for over an hour and a half and still haven't finished. Ugh! I completed over half the unit yesterday and thought the rest would go quickly, boy was I wrong.

I have Alice running because she didn't run last night for some reason. She seems to be taking a while as well, must just be one of those days. I called to schedule my hair appt to get my hair toned because the color has fallen out of my hair, except the top and I want it redone before the Ball on Friday. My stylist didn't have any appointments until Thursday afternoon so I had to take it. I guess I could have seen someone else but it would feel wrong to do so for some reason, although I don't think she would mind. I should have asked if someone else could get me in sooner. Oh well. I'm multitasking right now listening to a video on rubrics while visiting here.

Debbie- Glad you had a good camping weekend!
    Pamela- Sorry you are not feeling well. Glad you got a refund and were able to keep the book.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

Posted on my blog and have been running around all day... go back to hospital to deliver my samples, stop by the bank, pick up mail, went to knitting lady, massage therapist, groceries. Called mom, made meat macaroni for tomorrows' supper, and cooked some hardboiled eggs for dh's supper tonight... bechamel sauce with eggs on vol-aux-vents. Prepped small bowls with yogourt & fruits, and others with just fruits to take in lunches. Have another massage therapist appointment for next Monday.

Now I'm sitting down to some tea, some knitting and some movies :)

Mediocre day here too.

Diedra you have me laughing :) DH will learn that you need to recover too.
    Pamela G - the magazine looks interesting . I too want to balance work ($$) and staying home and crafting.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    I too would be glad to stay home and be a house wife, I am sure that I could fill my days. Like the rest of you though I need to have whatever dollars I can get to put towards retirement so that I can stay home and enjoy it. Really I only work 2 days a week so have no right to complain.

Work today should go OK, I thought one of the physios were calling in sick as I got a text at 6.30 but it was a reminder that a parcel was coming today.
    When I get home today there is nothing on the agenda so it will just be dinner, bath and bed. Perfect.

Hoping that you all have an amazing evening,
    Much love

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello again. Guess what - it's still raining!

I've been tagged for jury duty tomorrow. Normally I don't mind but really am not int the mood right now. Well, we shall see what happens.

I did get some stuff done today - organizing, putting away and going through magazines that have piled up.

Pamela - we all need extra time off!
    Glad you're relaxing Lucie
    Katrina - yes, you could easily fill your days with non work fun!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone.

Late, very late, getting on here today. DH and I left the house at 7:30 this morning. He had a low tire, so we stopped to get that repaired on the way to DD26's house. When we got to Monroe, he wanted to get a haircut first, so we went by Walmart and he waited almost an hour. We left with no haircut. We went by the credity union and added him to the new checking account I set up last week. Then, he wanted to go by Academy and get some resistance bands. Finally, I made it to DD's house around 11:45. DD22 met us there. We ate lnuch, and DH came home. DD22 and I stayed. We went and bought plants for DD26's garden and replanted it. when we finished, I took my van to a transmission shop in Monroe. They said i don't have a transmission fluid leak, but an oil leak. (sigh) I made it home around 6:15 this evening.

Finally...I put away several loads of my clothes that I've neglected putting away while supper was cooking...swapped tonight and tomorrow night's menu since it was less labor intensive. We ate and I've been working on getting everything ready for graduation practice, which is at 9:00 in the morning. My classes, probably the second and third period classes, will go to the stadium with me while I'm in charge of practicing with the seniors. Of course, my printer isn't working, so I'll have to go in early to print things off. If I can only make it through tomorrow and Friday, I'll be finished with senior duties! I'll have to finalize the graduation program tomorrow and get it to the printer.

Much love and prayers to you all...still have a few things to do before heading to bed, and it's after 10...

Night, everyone.

Ahorsesoul likes this.