Monday May 18 2020

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, May 18, 2020.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning girls!

19.jpg

2. luludou

Been awake since 4:15. Have a mile-long to-do list and was thinking of going to ds's for 1 hour this afternoon, well best laid plans. DS just texted if I would be willing to go around 8:00. Xavier did not sleep well and they'd like to sleep a little. Of course I'll go.... so the to-do list is falling on the wayside.

Later

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Morning Lucie and All!

Lucie, yep, put that list aside and go see that little boy!

I have been semi reading but can't remember all. Will have to go back and read.

This week I work Mon, Tues and Wed and off 5.

This past weekend we mowed here and got the weeds cut. At least 90% of it is done here, Rained came on Saturday afternoon and Sunday. I called Teigan and she and stayed Saturday night. Jaymee came for supper yesterday. Yesterday I was going to work on putting some flowers in pots and a banner up and Teigan put her boots on and was playing in puddles and a down pour came so she continued to play, Came in and straight to tub. Before Jaymee came she put a bow in her hair and a bracelet on for mommy and good shoes. So cute.

I have the dishwasher going.

Teigan and I started in with toys yesterday and I hope to finish in the next 2 or 3 nights,

I better get ready to leave for work.

Saturday a.m I worked and we moved my teller window down one. If the other teller is in her window (not often) then we aren't 6'apart but we were from drive up teller. Have to get out window put in yet. Assuming reopen is June 1st unless he pushes it again. Today Missouri is opening some places.

Have a GREAT day everybody!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning!

It is pouring down rain at the moment. Enough already. For a while.

Need to call the insurance company. I want to legally drive my car! I was so tired last night. I went to bed a little early, but did not sleep well AGAIN! This stress is getting to me.

So much to do today, I had better get started. Should I just go outside and stand in the rain for a shower? Lol

Lucie, enjoy being with your little fells today. I wonder if he is teething?
    Lana, Miss T is so blessed to have you for her grandma.
    Have a great day, Everyone! Stay safe and be blessed!

luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  5. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! Sunny and in the 60's today. Not bad.

Ambitious already this morning - got the a return in the mailbox and have gathered together other things I want to mail out. Will continue with decluttering which I think is going well.

Pam - get legal!
    Lucie - that's how it goes with grandparenting - as I understand;)
    Lana - what fun you and Allen and Teigan have.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Yet again a migraine hit me in the night, probably close to 24 hours from when the one hit me the night before. I didn't get up and take anything but was able to go back to sleep restlessly. It's all on my right side, which is also congested and clogged. I blew out yellow this morning so maybe a sinus infection starting? I took an Aleve and will see if that helps. If not then i'll take a migraine pill in a while. I'm documenting it all for the neurologist and myself so I can tell if the botox actually helps.

No plans today, maybe rain and that would be nice. DH said last night that he's going to Schofield this morning. He will also be going on Wednesday. I need to call in a refill prescription and request another on through email that has no refills left. He'll have to go to both pharmacies, or I can drive up there. If these headaches go away I would like to take the kids on a hike or to the beach this week, or both. My friend only has 7 weekends left on island and they are doing all the hikes and beach time they can get. I really wish we could do it with them. They have become family in the years we have known each other. :( I will work on schoolwork today, priority on my first task and then studying math for my praxis II exam.

Lucie- Nice that you live so close you can just pop over. Enjoy your time with Xavier!
    Lana- Teigan is something else. haha
    Pam- You can send me your rain. I would love it! I'm surprised the dealership let you drive it off the lot without it, most won't. How are you feeling today from the fall?
    Debbie- You go girl! I have zero ambition already and have only been up for about 45 minutes. Of course, it's only 5:45 a.m. and I haven't had my coffee yet so I may get there yet.

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. girlsinmo

girlsinmo Well-Known Member

Good day everyone. DD, her BF, and his DS came over yesterday. They brought our new radio controlled vehicles & theirs so we could drive them.. Figured out something yesterday these RC vehicles are kid magnets, not sure how I feel about that esp when I don't feel good. It really doesn't bother me if the kids are well behaved. Seems too many kids now days haven't been taught manners tho.

Lucie & Lanie grands are so precious
    Pam hope you get your car all legal.
    Debbie you're doing great with your decluttering
    Jess hope you feel up to getting all your task done.

Stay safe. Take care.. Enjoy your day..

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good afternoon!

I've been busy puttering around with a bunch of little things this morning and it's already lunch time! Today's weather is once again....CLOUDY....with temps in the 60s. The wind is cold, so it seems much cooler out than it is out there.

I didn't make it back here yesterday. My brother and his gf stopped to drop off M's birthday gift and were here for 3 hours. It was a nice visit. We sat outside in the driveway and talked. So my porch work didn't get done. We all actually got to eat dinner together yesterday because H only worked day shift. That was nice. Then I had a union meeting via google meet about our contract negotiations. It all just makes me angry and sick to the stomach. I dislike how the admin tries to take advantage of us....more work and less pay.

Today I've been doing school work...it never ends when you are "available" 24/7....and checked in with a few families today. We have to chart that we have made contact with each family weekly. I addressed M's thank you's and put them in the mail. Of course, I've done usual daily chores.

Jessica...thanks for mentioning prescriptions because it jogged my memory and I ordered my refills online. :)
    Tricia...RC cars sound fun!
    Lucie and Lana...enjoy those gc!
    Pam...get legal! Didn't they take care of all that when you bought your car?
    Debbie...you are on a roll! good job decluttering!

Time for some lunch...talk to you all later!
    ~peace and blessings~

Ahorsesoul and MrsSoup like this.
  9. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all. rain here off and on till thur they say. cooler ac was on sat and sunday. went to the grocery store people are out some with masks and some arent. just heard on the news va beach is opening this friday . hope people listen . have agood evening

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. luludou

So I babysat this morning while the parents went back to sleep for awhile - left around 10:30. Tried to set up dd's bed but I'll have to wait for dh, too heavy. Vacumed basement, posted on my blog, climbed up the attic to put away dd's Christmas boxes and brought down 2 baby safety bed fences to lend to neighbor. Went through another box of baby clothes, will wash some and the rest will be given away. Made a mac'n'cheese and ham caseserole for tomorrow and did dishes. ds came by with Xavier for about 1,5 hours this afternooon. Baked muffins. The rest just isn't getting done today... ah well, nobody will steal my to-do list... so I'll do it another day.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello again.

Took a quick ride to fill up the car and get a vanilla shake. Such small pleasures!

Forgot to mention that my DMIL turned 95 yesterday. Looks great and the assisted living got a giant sheet cake to celebrate.

Also, as part of decluttering I am offering a lot of embroidery thread and a number of stamps and stamp pads to a good home. The don't have to go together;)

Just send me a PM if you want something.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Work for me and I have woken with a headache, it is more my neck I think. Taken some ibuprofen and hopefully it will go away or else it will be a miserable work day. Just the boss and I today, she will have enough for me to be kept busy. Hopefully she will tell me that CW is coming back, hopefully that will start tomorrow. Not 100% sure that will happen but it is nice to think that I can get back to normal.

I am hoping that you all continue to be safe and well,
    XOXO

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

The Aleve helped for a while but it recently became unbearable and with nausea so I just took a migraine pill, hoping it kicks in soon. :( Tired of this nonsense. I sat on the porch with my coffee this morning for a bit until DH got home from his run and then we sat for a bit and then I came in shortly after he did. I had to light the citronella because it was buggy with the rain coming in. I made muffins for the kids for breakfast and did a math practice test. I also called in a refill prescription and emailed in two. That is about all that has gotten done today. Now i'm going to make some oatmeal for lunch and then possibly try to lay on the couch for a nap. If my migraine goes away then i'll try go get some more work done. Fingers crossed! I'm hoping DH will make the Commissary run, otherwise we won't have much for dinner. Well, we do but nothing comprehensive.

Katrina- Hope the Ibuprofen helps you!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. luludou

dh got 2 propane tanks filled up, so we went to ds's to drop one off. Xavier was asleep for the night.

now to go make up dd's bed and then relax... feel sleepy tonight.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  15. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

I slept until 9 this morning. Thought I would just roll over one more time and next I knew it was nine. I have been staying up much later than normal for the past 2 weeks, guess it caught up with me.
    Did a lot today. Aldi pick up, bank, post office, gas, another pick up, finished mom's Walmart order and talked a bit. Had her check or oxygen level--it is just hanging at 95 sitting still. Pulse is 60-63 this are just barely in the norm. Talked to my sister and asked her to ask mom to check her oxygen level any time she talked to her so we can kinda watch it.
    I work on the checkbook and other things I needed to do, write letter, order license tag, file, made a list of what I need to look for that I put in a safe place but can't find the safe place. I know it didn't leave the house.

Gotta go DH needs me. TTYL

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  16. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone.

I slept through my alarm today. I went into work 8:30-11:30. Good thing I basically set my own hours right now. I called all our patients today to tell them we're reopening June 1st. Very few are interested in coming in right now. I got a lot of answering machines and, "I'll call you when I'm ready to start backs."

One of my therapists has been exposed to the virus through her DH's sister. My niece #3's ex-DH was tested today for it. He raises their three children, 6, 9, and 11. She flew the coop 5 1/2 years ago. He has multiple comorbidities, so we're praying it isn't the virus. We don't think he will survive if he has it. His heart is severely enlarged, has high blood pressure, and weighs over 400 pounds. We're sort of at a loss of how to help. I'm going to cook something tomorrow and drop it off. The kids eat pretty much anything. I'll try to do that every couple of days.

All the pantry shelves are stained. I will put polyurethane one side tomorrow, let it dry 24 hours and do the other side. After that, DS and I should be able to start building the pantry shelves. I hope DH will finish the flooring in the other two bedrooms this week. Then, we'll need to move furniture!

Lucie, who cares if you didn't finish the list? Grandbabies are more fun!
    Pam, you remember you have car payments. Spend your money wisely!
    Jody, I'm sure exhaustion caught up with you. Funny how we can push ourselves when we have to and totally deflate when we are out from under the pressure.
    Jess, I wish they could find something that works on your migraines. I used to have them until I was in about my mid-20s. I just had to go to bed...they didn't have migraine specific medicines back then. Light and sound bother most people, but smells are what got me....didn't have to be offensive smells either.
    Katrina, I hope you found out you don't have to continue working the extra day.
    Lana, why the extra time off this week? I'm surprised they didn't already separate you and the other teller.
    Debbie, you're certainly doing well with thedecluttering. Happy BD to DMIL!
    Tricia, I don't know of anyone who doesn't like playing with RC cars...definitely a child attraction.
    Faye, a guy at Sunday school yesterday came in saying they went to a travel ball tournament Saturday with "thousands of people and no one had a mask on." He was saying it proudly and was "so glad are back to normal." DH and are still wearing our masks when we go out. Do you like the rain?
    Lisa, what are things looking like for H to go back to college in the fall? Not knowing will make finding housing hard, I suspect, because you won't know whether to try and get a place early or not. If it's like it is here, the best off campus college housing is snatched up first and it's a little limited.

I'm off to bed. Night, everyone.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  17. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Just wanted to let you know that Sophie is insured, and can be driven! I can afford the extra insurance. I will watch my p's and q's about spending, Jane. I need to get my DSIL his birthday Starbucks card. This is a tradition. He is a very good man.

Got to video chat with Steve and Brysen this morning. B can say a lot if words, and when he says the body parts, he points to it. Today, he would say butt and try to point to Stephen's. Then he would point to his own and say it. The whole thing. He liked the books I got for him, and his little lantern. We put $ Battery operated tea lite in them. He just thought it was really cool, and did it for several minutes.

I am wiped out. Did not do much. Talked to the assistant property manager here about a parking sticker for my car. So that is taken care of. Made an appointment with the BMV to get the registration and maybe a new license plate. Took a nap. And about 6:30, I went to Wendy's for supper. John invited me over about 7-ish to watch Fringe. And he was very talkative tonite. I think he gets lonesome.

And now I am ready to go to bed. Bought a new book yesterday, and I need to start reading it. I am tired. Sleep well, my pretties! Add me to the headache list. Jess, do you need a new pillow? I don't know if that would help or not. Good night, All!

luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  18. MrsSoup

I napped on the couch for a while after eating some oatmeal. The migraine pill kicked in and I am currently pretty much migraine free but very tired and just blah. DH didn't go to the store, says I didn't specifically tell him to go. :rolleyes: So, guess it's a free for all for dinner. He said he will probably be at work most of the day tomorrow so looks like i'll be going at some point so we can eat tomorrow night. I just hope i'm not dealing with another migraine. :oops: We've had rain off and on today and it's been nice. I wish it would just solid rain for a while.

Pam- Glad you are insured and safe to drive now! I do need a new pillow for sure. I switched my pillow out for another one in the house a couple nights ago and it's better but not the best.
    Jane- I hope the ex-DH doesn't have it and will be okay. Nice of you to take dinner over.
    Jody- Hopefully your safe place will turn up.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  19. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Exhausting day, I'm beginning to think one day a week in the office is not going to be enough. Things seem to be picking up considerably, need to really think about this. That's all from me tonight, I'm heading to bed.

Ahorsesoul likes this.