Monday, Monday, 2-17-2020

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Pam Spaur, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

good morning, MHHers!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  2. Pam Spaur

I know several of you have the day off. Good for you.

I have a busy day. Need to gather my laundry. Load up in the car. Bible study. Go to DD's to do said laundry" I will be there all afternoon. Come home and bring it all in. Do not know if I will get it all put away or not. I will be too pooped to pop! But the best thing that will happen today is that I will see my ROCKY! I can hardly wait. Have not seen him for almost THREE weeks!

Yesterday at church I got to hold a 3 month old baby girl. Oh, she was so cute! Just adorable! She is starting to coo, and smiles and giggles. I was in 7th Heaven. Her grandparents brought her to church. They adore her. They have a 4 yr old DGD who is one of the most beautiful children I have ever seen. Big blue eyes and long blond hair. Beautiful babies, both of them!

Well, I need to get up and get moving. I need to strip my bed. Oh yay! Have a great day everyone! Stay safe and be blessed!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning!
    Today I will be babysitting dgs as ddil has some errands to run in town. will be a relaxing day. I did post on my blog.

My chest is started to be sore so I'll wear a mask and wash my hands frequently for dgs.

Jane - haven't had the tendon checked out but I have decided to take toe week off gym and do the auto-massages and ice on youtube.

Have a great day.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Good morning, everyone.

My shoulders and neck are sore from the painting. I did more yesterday that all the other times I've painted. DH and I are headed back over today to, hopefully, finish all that's getting done before the appraiser comes. The only painting left after we purchase will be two bedrooms and the utility room.

Lucie, enjoy Xavier today!

Hope you all have a great day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Morning!

Will go see Aunt Imogene shortly and get a few items from DG and a grocery store.

I made a double batch of the peanut butter cookies last night, the one that only takes 1 egg, 1 cup sugar and 1 cup peanut and you roll into a ball and I roll that in sugar and then put on sheet and use fork to criss cross and bake for 10 minutes at 350. Will take Aunt Im a few.

Have a few phone calls to make, Allen wants to get tax stuff out so can take it up this week.

Turned my vacation sheet in on Friday. It was due. Taking a couple days in May, a couple in August, 1 saved for grandparents day in September, a week in October and a week in November. Have one day left open.

Suppose I better move along.

Lucie, no better way than to spend a day watching your grandson!!!!

Have a GREAT day everybody!!!!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. girlsinmo

girlsinmo Well-Known Member

Good day everyone. DD came over for a little while yesterday. DGD & I watch a wrestling PPV last night, well I listened to most of it before going to sleep. Mostly a quiet day

DH is off today except for a couple of hours of plant duty. Temps will be warmer today but rain is forecast too. Daylight savings time will start in a few weeks. I love seeing new flowers in Spring and it seems the birds sang an even happier song. But I do NOT like the severe weather the season often brings nor the mosquitoes & other bugs..

Have a good day all..

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! Sunny and warm today. Not doing good things to my hair;)

Nothing planned for today. I think DH wants to return our chairs to the camper at the base. My plans are to finish a book I've been reading and maybe start my next project which is organizing my genealogy stuff in a looseleaf. I read one person's way of doing it on Pinterest and it sounded logical and easy but I may be calling on the genealogists among us (hi Diedra) for help.

Laundry is going and it's pan fried tilapia with hush puppies for dinner.

Jane - we're getting a Dodge Ram 1500 in silver. They are building it for us from scratch
    Tricia - hope you stay clear of severe weather
    Pam - give Rocky a hug for me too
    Lucie - enjoy watching DGS
    Lana - those are yummy cookies - Aunt Im is a lucky woman!

Ahorsesoul and luludou like this.
  8. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning!

It's sunny and mild here today. 40* now with rain moving in again overnight.

We had a busy weekend. The wedding was lovely. The bride and groom have 2 children together and included them in the ceremony. It was very lovely. The decor was elegant, which was refreshing in a time of rustic farmhouse style weddings we have been attending recently. The food was good, the cookie table was really good. I had a nice time with J and some girls from work. We left early because J was having a hard time breathing due to his cold. He was asleep about 30 minutes after we got home.

The wine I drank at the wedding did not agree with me, so I was up with heartburn for most of the night. I had literally one glass. We went to early mass and out to breakfast with the in-laws after church. Then I came home and worked on my planner, finished a book and took a nap. I took M to dance, and picked up take out for dinner.

Today is sleep in day, did some cleaning up, made the bed, and cleaned the shower. My stomach is still unsettled. I also called my mom, who said she was just too tired to call me yesterday....:rolleyes:...and put the last of the laundry away. Tonight will be dance and while the girls are dancing, the moms are going out for Mexican to celebrate a dance mom's birthday. :)

Lucie...enjoy Xavier!
    Debbie...the new truck sounds fabulous!
    Hi Tricia!
    Lana...those cookies sound delish!
    Hi Jane! I don't like painting either, but may cave and paint my bedroom myself over the weekend.
    Hi Pam! Enjoy your doggy time!

Have a blessed day~

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I took a sleeping pill last night and slept well and slept in this morning. I think DD and DH are taking the kayak and going to the sandbar this morning but not sure. DD just got up and neither one is making any move to get ready and leave. Who knows. The grocery shopping needs to be finished today and printer ink picked up so I can print more PCE logs. I need to work on homework and start work on my task for my Social Studies methods class. I could also start work on my first PCE task but the S.S. class is more pressing. I need to renew my library books and return DD's. I am feeling better so far this morning but still tired.

I need to vacuum the upstairs and get things ready for the week ahead. I want to get my clothes ready tonight for tomorrow so i'm not scrambling and changing my mind at the last minute. I would like to get DS's sheets washed today too.

Pam- Have fun with Rocky! Will the rest of the family be there too or out and about?
    Lucie- Good idea to take a week off from the gym, hope it helps! Have fun with Xavier!
    Jane- It will be so nice to have so much already done when you move in.
    Lana- I love peanut butter cookies, will make them soon.
    Tricia- I love spring too! Such a fresh, new feeling. I miss the changing seasons over here.
    Debbie- Have fun organizing your genealogy.
    Lisa- Enjoy Mexican this evening. Going out with the girls is always fun.

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Xavier is now sleeping next to me on the couch. He had some tummy aches this morning but seems to be sleeping peacefully now. DDIL called at noon she was still at the office and errands not run yet. doesn't matter, anyhow she said they would have supper here... so I put a ham in the crockpot. Think I'll go peel the potatoes while Xavier is sleeping.

Later

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I am worn out from the demolish of the wall. But I smile every time I walk past the front door now. I have my bed to make and two more loads of clothes to wash. Laundry was interrupted once I had my hands on some hammers.

Have not heard anything new about LC1. I think her family is just coming to terms that she is not going to be alright if she lives. They had a lot of soul searching to do.

Dh says he is going to be golfing in three weeks. I think there is too much snow to be gone that fast. It's packed down very hard for a good foot. And it might snow later today.

I need to vacuum the game room and the living room to get up any leftover drywall that was tracked around.

My menu boards is lacking. Has nothing on it for this week.

12. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Diedra, the wall looks great down!!!!! Looks bigger down. showed Allen the picture on FB. Inside our front door is a shorter wall than yours but it goes up to the ceiling. There were spindles in there but got broken off when we redid some stuff so just took them out, but I have always wanted it gone. The ceiling would be the problem!

We went to see Aunt Im, ran to DG and I found some items for Teigan, Lyla and Ava (2 great nieces) for Christmas marked half off. Girls perfume in the shape of lips and the poop container $2.00 each and then kits to make lip balm and bath bombs for $2.50 each. Teigan will probably get one of the perfumes for Valentines Day. Also got a few other things and a tote for the rest of the Christmas items to put away. Ran to Subway and got us a pizza to share and a sandwich for mom-she was at her rent house ironing new curtains and putting them up. Didn't stay long and went to Krogers and home now.

Allen went to work at the barn alittle with the lambs to make room and some pens. My older sister and partner called on the way home and wanted to know if I wanted to go to Fairview with them. Would love to have went but have stuff to do here.

I posted a some recipes on my blog. The soup I haven't tried but sounds good with a grilled cheese I think. The cheesecake I use to make often and haven't in awhile but planning to tomorrow night to take to a branch that I will work at on Wednesday. The other recipe we all liked so will be making it again.

Later my friends!

luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  13. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    I have taken the day off work to go to see DH father at the paliative care ward, he has taken a turn for the worse and they are saying that it will not be long now.
    He is about 3 hours from us so hopefully he goes will DH is there. I know that sounds awful but I would hate for us to sit there all day just to have him pass when we leave, it is not a trip we can do every day.
    I wonder if it is rude that I take my knitting?

Hope that you all have a great day

Ahorsesoul and halimer like this.
  14. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Katrina, prayers for your family and for a safe trip. Knitting would be fine. I always have to have something to do when I am sitting at the hospital. Whether it is to see somebody for a long period or if you are waiting for somebody in surgery. Keeps me busy!

halimer likes this.
  15. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Hello there!

Wonderful, exhausting birthday four-day weekend. Sophia and Spectra arrived Thursday night so we stopped at Hallmark on the way home and then grabbed take-out from Red Robin. Friday we headed to IKEA and The Container Store and stopped at Whole Foods on the way home as well as Chinese for dinner, Saturday it was Target, Bed Bath and Beyond, Michaels, World Market, and sushi for lunch. Leftovers for dinner while we enjoyed the start of Outlander Season 5. Two straight days of shopping and my back was killing me so Sunday was a lazy day of snacking and Hallmark movies.

Hair appointment for me this morning, Sophia and Spectra left early and are home already. Laundry, tidying up, and getting ready for work. At least it's only four days. Got our taxes, signed the e-form and mailed them back. Not a lot but nothing to pay. Very depressed to find out the septic system will take 27.5 years to depreciate so we can only claim a small amount each year, grrrr!

Gearing up for an early Rudolph Day this weekend since it's on a Tuesday this month - would have taken the day off but I've already had a couple of days off this month. Looking forward to all that Amelia has posted for us.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  16. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Hello everyone.

Laundry day here. 3 more loads to go - I might get it all done today! Dd & dsil would like to plumb the garage so we can put in a washer & dryer for me, so I don't have to make all those trips up & down the stairs. That would be heavenly. Someday.

Dd took me to Home Depot this morning so I could buy a folding chair for the bedroom. It's a "padded folding club chair," used for camping, picnics, and sporting events. Very plush and quite comfortable, and when I'm not using it, it can be folded up and put somewhere. I still need to figure out the "somewhere."

I agree with Lana, knitting is quite appropriate for the hospital. Busy hands, and you can still be present and chat.

Have a nice evening.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  17. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

For the ceiling you could put some hanging lights from a board on the ceiling.

18. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I have started some terrible diarrhea. The kind I have when I eat gluten. I was thinking about what could have caused it, snacks, food or the chicken Dh got from Walmart that I thought didn’t taste right so he returned it. Nothing seemed right. In the back of my mind I remembered something about drywall. Yep can contain wheat. That explains why when I was tearing the wall down a little voice in my head kept telling me to wear gloves and a mask. I didn’t listen. lol

19. Pam Spaur

Deb, could you store it under your bed?

20. Pam Spaur

My DD is still not feeling well. I would be willing to bet that after church yesterday she did not go home and rest! Then today, with Sam out of school, they went diddy bopping. When she came home, she was white as a sheet, and said she was going to lie down, because she did not feel well. Poor girl. I wonder if I should make chicken and noodles for her and Sam?

I am such a doofus! I forgot to start the washer on my second load of washing. So, I told DD that I would come out tomorrow. But she said she would bring it to me. I washed it and threw it in the dryer. We start quilting again tomorrow, so I told her to take it with her to church (since she works there) and save her a trip.

Had a great time with my sweet Rocky! We shared lunch. He did not stay in with me all the time, but we still had a good time givin each other some lovins. I'm love my sweet fur boy!

We are to have more rain tomorrow, and then it will be dry the rest of the week. But colder till the weekend. I am like Trisha: I want spring and flowers. I can hardly wait.

I am cold and getting a headache. My back is bothering me a little, too. I can hardly wait to get under my electric blanket tonight.

My friends, I am tired, so think I will get ready for bed. I can watch t.v. In bed. Enjoy your evening! Talk tomorrow! Thinking of all with needs. Lucie, give Xavier a hug for me.

luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.