Monday, Monday 5/14/2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PamelaG, May 14, 2018.

1. PamelaG

PamelaG Well-Known Member Staff Member

Good morning!

2. PamelaG

It's the first weekday morning Vic has been home for a few weeks so I got up when he headed for the shower, unloaded the dishwasher, started a load of laundry, and made his breakfast. I had a dream last night that I was in my old office in Washington. I wasn't sitting at my old desk - that would be too good to be true - but I was in the office so I'm taking that as a sign ;).

Lovely Mother's Day weekend - Vic got in late Friday night, we had brunch out both Saturday and Sunday, The Life of the Party was cute at the movies, and we talked about Washington houses, about the move, about all sorts of things. So good to have him home.

I'm off to load the dryer and reload the washer, take a shower, and head to Whole Foods. Out early will beat any crowds and the heat. 82 today and you all know that's way out of my comfort zone!

3. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning! Haven't posted this weekend... super busy.
    Friday after work we went to see for some glasses. did not find ones I like but dh did... however it's 2 for one or else they only take a really small amount off just 1 pair so I will have to go back to look. uh-oh dh looked up his insurance last night and if he wants them to pay part of it he has to wait until August... his call.
    Saturday from 9:30 to 8:00 at night the guys put up the gazebo, boy was it long! I helped at the beginning (me, dh, bil and a friend) and then I called in other bil and nephew to come help out. dh's cousin came by in the afternoon + beginning of evening. I did manage to come in to clean up bathroom and did some laundry. Kept them all here for lunch (hot-dogs & hamburgers). However we did have a 25th anniversary party in the evening .. I thought we wouldn't be going. The last ones had supper here at 9:00 (we ordered pizza) and they left at 10:30. I told dh I was taking a hot bath... it was sunny but cold and windy all day and I was freezing. Afterwards dh still wanted to go so we left at 10:45 and came back at 11:30... so tired!
    Yesterday, dh finalized a few braces inside gazebo, put up the patio table in there, had to go to mil's because she was having problems with her furnace, etc.... I finished cleaning up the wholes between the stone blocks in front of the house, finished washing patio guard rails and washed the inside of gazebo (quite a job!) as there are screens and the plastic windows (took me all afternoon).
    Invited bil, mil & sil for supper with us last night for mother's day.
    DS was here yesterday so he got us supper at the grocery store and cooked us steak for supper - he bought me flowers. DD left me a message on FB yesterday morning. I called mom too.
    My hands hurt from all this washing and cleaning up over the weekend.
    Got up at 6:00, super long to-do list AND it's suppose to be sunny and hot so I am going out this afternoon for some ME time.

Later

4. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning!

It sounds like everyone here had a nice Mother's Day. We went to mass, then had donuts at church with mil and fil. We went to my mom's for a bit, then came home and made a late lunch/early dinner before dance. H missed eating with us because he had to be at work. I took M to dance. We stopped at the grocery store for a few things (H is home....nothing lasts...lol) and came home in time to watch Little Women. I went to bed at 9 and fell asleep soon after. I haven't been feeling too good lately, and am over tired. It helped to go to bed early. J and the kids got me a new kindle paperwhite since my original died. J also got me fresh flowers and H bought me rain boots that I wanted for the garden and such.

I'm heading to school. We have 3 teachers out today, plus a 4th doing testing. I can't wait to see what happens.

Tonight will be dance.

Have a great day!

5. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! It is chilly here but the sun is supposed to come out and warm things up later. We shall see.

It was mainly a rainy, cool weekend at the beach with only one sunny day - Friday - but it was good to see our camping friends after a long winter.I'm president so I chaired a Unit meeting and all went well. The foods were varieties of pot luch and that is always good and tasty. We're going camping with anther group next weekend - hope the weather is better.

DS and DDIL sent Mother's Day wishes and a picture of them in front of the Louvre. DH got me a stuffed bear and a pen - I do like pens - and we had Chinese food for dinner. Everyone's day seem similarly delightful.

Today I'm getting a haircut at 4 and have some errands to run and things to look into but basically a peaceful day - I hope.

Lucie - what a busy woman you are
    Lisa - boys really do like to eat - don't they?
    Pamela - hope your dream is prophetic. When would you plan to leave for WA?
    Jess - sorry that Addison's foot was not looked at earlier. Did you file your complaint?
    Jane - I do believe you're still working too hard
    Pam - glad you had a nice weekend - and congrats to DD on her accomplishment

6. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

im going to see that movie tomo it looked funny

7. PamelaG

All things lining up the way we hope, beginning of November.

8. housewife2

good morning to all , suppose to be hot today but rain hail and thunder later this evening. have some errands to run today enjoy your day

9. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Vaccumed all basement and 1st floor. Menu-planned. blogged. emptied dishwasher. Made overnight oats. Folded towels. Got ebooks on new bigger usb key. did yoga. Got gym & work clothes ready for tomorrow.

Still to do:
    bake muffins
    cook rice
    fold more clothes
    do another load of towels
    Ironing
    Finish painting my cardinal.
    Call for construction permit for the bathroom renovation

get some sun ! and read or knit

10. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

The power went off this morning for a bit, no idea why. Luckily it came back on in time for DS to take his shower. DH is officially on leave for two weeks. I sent an email to the school counselor about the teachers not updating Infinite Campus (still), an ongoing issue. But I can't know where DS's grades stand when they aren't updating like they are supposed to. I also need to understand how the credit system works here because I don't see how he could possibly get a full credit for any of his classes but they have led me to believe he will. I need facts before I tell his dad he can buy his plane ticket for the summer.

No idea what today will hold. Beach time perhaps? Who knows.

Enjoy your day!

snowgoose likes this.
  11. PamelaG

Sounds like your toes in the sand. preferably with something tall and frosty, is just what you need!

12. MrsSoup

Lana texted me this morning and said that her internet is still out. They have replaced the lines inside and out and it's still not working. They finally determined it is her modem and they are coming back on Wednesday. Hopefully it will be fixed then! She really misses everyone!

PamelaG likes this.
  13. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning all,
    woke up this morning to a possum on the roof probably heading home after a big night out. DH will go on the roof later to check if any roof tiles have shifted. Mr Possum must have been quite big.
    Work for me today, a few things to tidy up but this is the 3rd week I have worked extra and my to do list is getting short.
    I am hoping that new CW has put in her notice at her current job so that she can start with us on the week of the 28th of May. A week or so of training and she should be right to go.

Saw one of the girls at work last night re my shoulder which is still sore. Exercises to do and maybe another injection to try and help.
    I hope that you all have a great day,
    speak soon

14. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hi all!

A good day - got a haircut and took care of a lot of odds and ends on the computer and with copying. Have to put together a mailing but that can be done sitting on the couch.

I have the periodontist tomorrow and I'll try and do a bit of shopping before hand. We have a Mets game tomorrow but the weather is looking very unpleasant. So, if we don't go, we don't go...

Lucie - hope you got the rest of your list done
    Katrina - hope cw can get on board and lessen your load

15. housewife2

saw a black snake in my daughters yard today i dont like any kind of snakes

16. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone.

Long day at work...3 cooking labs, last one for FACS I classes. Now, the advanced nutrition and foods class will have their last ones Wednesday and Thursday. They had to write their own casserole recipe. I'm always curios to see what they come up with. I'll take up books in all classes Friday. Tomorrow, I have to go to Monroe to take the class to renew my ServSafe teaching certification, so a day off from work, so to speak. DH's step- great niece graduates Thursday night. She goes to a charter school. We'll have to go to that. Graduation is Friday night for the public school where I teach, but I don't think I'm going this year.

DGS#1 had a ball game tonight. They're undefeated with one game tied. That's the only night for ballgames because of all the graduations going on. We have one public high school, one private school, and one charter school. I'm super tired tonight. Must be an end of school year thing for teachers....

I got the damage quote on my van today. It's almost $1400. We have a $500 deductible, so they'll send us an $800 (+/-) check and we can have it repaired where we want to. We're going to wait until school is out to have it done so we don't have to keep renting a car. Hopefully, DD21's will be out of the shop Wednesday. She's also coming home from college Wednesday or Thursday...so ready to see her!

HW2, my sister had a king snake in her house Saturday. DH went to mow her yard, and evidently, they had just killed it before he got there! It's a good snake to have, but not in your house! :eek: Hope you got your errands done before the weather.
    Pamela, hope things work out for you to get back to Washington.
    Debbie, DH and I hope to get to NY someday to see some ballgames. Hope the weather holds out. A lot of games across the US have had to be cancelled due to weather.
    Katrina, it's good that you have someone at work who can help with your shoulder. I saw on the news that one of the ways the medical field is trying to combat the addiction to opiods is to encourage more use of physical therapy. Hope the exercises work!
    Jess, thanks for the update on Lana.
    Lucie, it sounds like that gazebo is quite the monster to conquer!
    Lisa, I hope today wasn't too hectic.

I'm off to bed...hope you all rest well.

17. MrsSoup

Evening!

DH and I went to Costco today and got a 3lb box of Cheez-its. I also got a hammock on a stand that folds up and goes in a bag with wheels. It was my mothers day present says DH since he didn't get me anything. We didn't do much else today. We are meeting with the counselor on Wednesday and DS got a grade check sheet today to give to all of his teachers so he can find out where he sits right now.

I have to go into work tonight around 6:30. She emailed me a new stocking list. Apparently the girl that was going to do freezer is now doing another dry line so she took the spices and candy off my list and gave them to her. She added one item to my list and took away 5. Not sure how that will affect my money but nothing really I can do about it. I'm tired so thinking I better have a cup of coffee to attempt to pep myself up.

Dinner is in the oven now and I need to charge my phone.