Monday, Monday Chat 1-13-20

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by teachermomof2, Jan 13, 2020.

1. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning!

jampss and Ahorsesoul like this.
  2. teachermomof2

It's a cold Monday morning, but temps will rise. Heading to school and then to dance tonight. The dance moms are going to go to a New Mexican restaurant near dance tonight, so it should be fun.

Have a blessed day!

3. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Good morning, everyone.

I've been watching the weather channel this morning. Crazy wind, temps, and just weather in general all across the U.S. Our extended forecast, we have highs from upper 70s to low 50s with lows upper 60s to low 30s...up and down. See why we never get to put away our summer clothes?!

I'm not sure what this week at work holds. Some outside people are beginning to show interest is using the memory program or working for us, so probably a lot of PR this week. Also, software has been revamped and goes live tomorrow, so maybe a lot of glitch issues to deal with, but I hope not. I hope everything goes smoothly.

Lisa, have fun tonight with the other moms. Nice that you all can do something like that together.

Have a great day, everyone!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Morning!

Lisa, have fun tonight--hope your day is smooth.

Jane, hope no issues but new ..............

We are to be near 48 by afternoon.

I have the bed piled high with clothes to sort and hang. Hoping to move more out. BUT....................I have a meeting after work and probably won't be home till about 7. Maybe if cold out and Allen doesn't do anything else he will start.

Made chili for supper last night.

Spent over 1 1/2 hours on present printer trying to get it hooked up. Shouldn't be that D---hard. AS I said first time we got it I think it took less than 5 minutes to put on.......

Have a GREAT day everybody!!!!!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Morning all!
    Chilly here and the roads are a sheet of ice. I'm amazed schools weren't closed this morning.
    Put hot cider in the slow cooker over night to surprise the girls for breakfast and put some in their thermoses as it's very cold today.
    Just made homemade chocolate pudding.
    I bought a book about bread in 5 minutes a day. Thought it called for a 5 litre container, but it's a 5 gallon container....no idea what I could use that holds that much!
    Have a good day all. Everyone in the snow and ice please keep safe :)

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning to all errands and dogs out today. movies later

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, MHH Family.

I will be going home today. Told Jay I would clean up his kitchen before I go home. He has a counseling appointment this a.m., so will do while he is gone. Looks like the sun might come out. Wouldn't that be glorious?

Had a great time at Steve's and Melanie's. Brysen was a riot. He's funny and he knows it! He had us all in stitches. He loved his wagon of blocks. Once his mom opened it, that's all he wanted to do! He loved them. These were the kind of blocks that are different shapes and colors. And of course, as all little ones do, he stood in the wagon and danced! He loves to dance! Silly boy! Lucie, you have so much to look forward to!

It was a great service at church yesterday. I thoroughly enjoyed it. The pastor preached on The Anchor Holds. Most people think it was written by Ray Boltz, but it wasn't. He recorded it. Go to Youtube to see if you can find it by him. Oh my goodness! It will stir your soul! If it doesn't light your fire, then your wood is wet! Ray no longer records. He came out of the closet several years ago. He had a wife and four children. They all get along, tho. Long story. They are from our area. I am friends with his ex wife. She still lives here, but he and his partner live in Florida. A very talented man, but Christian music just dumped him. Sad.

I guess I should get up and dressed. I'm sure my son has fixed coffee. He really makes the BEST coffee. I never did find my meds. Went all thru my suitcase, looked behind furniture. I don't know where my head is sometimes! Ok, here I go! I hope you all have a great day. Stay safe and be blessed!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning!
    Cold - 10C here this morning (-17C with windchill) . Snow flurries are starting but they are saying just a trace.

got up at 6:45, not too many hot flashes last night so that's good.
    Did some yoga stretches, had breakfast, started laundry, took out what I need to prep 2 casseroles for supper, posted on my blog, had a call form visa saying my card was frauded... wasn't sure if the call was a fraud or not so hung up and called visa to see the latest transactions... call was a fraud since no new transactions on my card - I might check again later to see if anything has been added.
    Have to go take a bath as ddil said she would call me after going to the doctor with xavier (it's a 9:15). she will either stop by or they will call.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

We met our friends for dinner last night and the food didn't sit well so my stomach hurt afterwards. I didn't sleep well last night. No rain so far this morning but we'll see what the day holds, we're expecting more and more wind. I got an email that DD didn't complete a math assignment that was due last week. :eek: Totally not like her, so i'll talk to her about that when she gets up. DH said we can ground her from the treadmill. haha

I have the meeting with the principal this morning about my placement. Glad to find out more information and see where i'll be doing my observations. Then I have to drop DD's Stitch Fix items off at UPS, go by the library to pick up my library books and stop by Target to pick up another Roku for upstairs. Then i'll come home and call in my prescriptions/email for new and study and take my preassessment. I have to get that done today, should have done it yesterday.

Lisa- Enjoy the Mexican restaurant!
    Jane- I hope the changes with the software run smoothly when they launch!
    Lana- Sorry you're having printer issues. I want a wireless printer but haven't made the jump yet. Is that what you have? I'm afraid it will be more of a hassle than just connecting my laptop with a cord and printing. I hope you can figure it out!
    FS- That's a very large container! Are you feeding an Army? haha Bread doesn't stay good that long to make that much, guess you could freeze it though. Let us know how it turns out.
    Hi Faye!
    Pam- Glad you had a good trip, safe travels home!
    Lucie- Ugh, calls like that can make your heart have palpitations. Glad it wasn't true.

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning to you all.
    A little chilly this morning which is funny as it has been so hot. Makes me think of cooler Autumn days though and I should start getting prepared. Autumn here is March 1st so still a ways off.
    Work today and once again will be there by myself until boss arrives at 12.30. It is rare to be there by myself but it is Summer school holidays here and some on the physios are taking time off. 1 physio takes every school holidays off so she will not be back until school starts in early February.
    When I got home last night I managed to do some knitting and read some of my book. I was happy as it meant I got something done other than just work. Will hopefully finish the book tonight and do a bit more knitting.

Hope that you all have a great day.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Hello there!

Busy weekend with Sophia - I took a northbound bus from work and Sophia was waiting for me in the Starbucks parking lot so we could go on to Michaels, Target, and then dinner. Much better than her driving an hour south to our house and then us going a quarter of the way back again to the main shopping area. Picked up a few things on my list, didn't find some of the others so Amazon.com it is.

Spent all day in the office on Saturday, Sophia studying for her certification exam and me finishing up the inventory and doing other computer tasks. Everywhere was sold out of holiday red and green totes so I ordered a couple of grey ones from another Target and we took a break from the office and went out to pick them up and somehow, $100 of other stuff (!), and then picked up Chinese food to enjoy with a Hallmark movie in the evening.

More studying, more computer tasks for me on Sunday. Leftover Chinese food and another Hallmark movie. Sophia left this morning for the ferry - no snow at our house but she went through some on her way north - she arrived at the test center and just texted me that she arrived home safely. Fingers crossed for a good result on the exam.

Steady day at work, looking forward to relaxing this evening. Travel tree down and packed away, ornament inventory complete, still a few things here and there to put away but will finish up this weekend and do the final check on the 25th. Snow is in the forecast for later this week but I don't think there will be much.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. MrsSoup

Hi again!

My meeting with the principal went great! She is a very nice lady and they are a retired Air Force family. She is originally from the island but just recently moved back a year and a half ago. She retired from teaching and was offered this job and decided to take it and that's why they moved back. Her family is here and her mom is not doing well or something like that. Anyway, she was great and I think I will really enjoy doing my PCE at this school. I'm excited anyway! She will send an introduction email to me and my host teacher so we can connect and discuss hours and all of that. I will be in a 3rd grade classroom that does team teaching so I need to see if I can do my 10 hours in another classroom with the team teacher in her classroom. It will be a different room, different content but the same students.

I dropped off the package at UPS and went by Target. I picked up 3 pairs of dress pants, an anniversary card for DH, deodorant for DD to keep in her gym locker at school and the Roku for our upstairs TV per DH's request. I got a latte from Starbucks and headed out to the library. The internet said it opened at 10 a.m. but I got there and the doors were locked, apparently it doesn't open until noon. :rolleyes: Frustrating! So i'm home now. I just called in and emailed in my refill requests and I will pick those up on Wednesday when i'm up that way for my chiropractor appointment. I'm going to order DH a couple new watch bands on Amazon and get started looking over material so I can get my preassessment knocked out this afternoon. I may take Eli to get his hair trimmed up right after school, will depend on the wait time.

Later friends!

Ahorsesoul and teachermomof2 like this.
  13. DawnSu

DawnSu Active Member

Good afternoon to all.. I pray u have a blessed week. as I never remember to get on here b4 I go to work. seems like things just hender me from internet... lol but have worked all day. now I am trying to catch up with board meeting yesterday. have to get those written up & handed to the president...
    am gonna keep oon working, have revival this week,

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. teachermomof2

Feeling a bit shaken this evening, there was a murder-suicide this morning at a house up the road. Nice guy, volunteer fire fighter, murdered by his wife, who then killed herself. They were both only 33 years old. Very sad day. Details are slowly coming out, but it is really so very sad.

Work was the usual disruption after disruption. Enough said about that....

Sounds like everyone is having a good day....I'll be back later...

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  15. MrsSoup

Oh my goodness Lisa! That is horrific!

16. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Hello. I was up early, and it has been go go go ever since. Fixed a new shake for the kids for breakfast - it was yummy. Vanilla Greek yogurt with frozen strawberries & banana and milk (yogurt & milk were non-dairy). It was super thick - a good substitute for ice cream.

Dd & I took the kids to school, and then we went to her doctor appointment. Back home I started laundry, let the piggies out to play, cleaned the kitchen & family room, and now it's just keeping the laundry going. I'm going to fix stew for dinner - hopefully there will be leftovers for the kids' lunches tomorrow. I need to chop a bunch of bell peppers & onions, and dsil will fix big bowls of Spanish rice and refried beans, so we can fix burritos for lunches.

Have a good evening.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  17. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

18. DawnSu

DawnSu Active Member

ohhh how terrible.... prayers for u & the families of the community...

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  19. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Well-Known Member

That is terrible. How sad for the families and your entire community.
    Another fairly warm day here for January. But very dark and cloudy and damp. We ended up with a fire tonight for the dampness in the house.
    Sebastian is finally home from the hospital. Still not sure about his kidney function. We are facing 2 weeks of antibiotics and subcutaneous fluid injections. Should be a fun 2 weeks. Myron my poor little guy is still with us. We decided to care for him at home instead of having him put down. Husband and I both had a good cry yesterday over him. I’m feeling overwhelmed by all of this. I need to take a deep breath, I can do this. My husband does as much as he can to help thankfully.
    Still need to figure out something for dinner. I’ve had my Instapot for over a month and still haven’t used it. It’s all washed and ready to go, I just need to figure out how to use it lol.
    Hope that everyone has a good week. Prayers for all in need.

20. girlsinmo

girlsinmo Well-Known Member

Good evening all. I am so tired tonight. I believe we've caught a bug that doesn't want to let go. DD & her boyfriend both return to their home sick. DH hand is swollen his gout is acting up. Think I am going to bed shortly.

Prayers for all this evening

Ahorsesoul likes this.