Monday, Monday Chat 1-13-20

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by teachermomof2, Jan 13, 2020.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Lisa that is very sad.

Had the baby from 11:30 to 5:00, his stomach was hurting a bit but he managed to sleep alot. It was a very relaxing afternoon.

supper & dishes are done.

Night

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  2. happy2bme

happy2bme Well-Known Member

Howdy,

It was -25C/-29C with the windchill this morning, BRRR!! Thankfully, our cars started as I completely forgot to set up the extension cords and plug them in. Work was busy and went by fast, a co-worker was craving chocolate so bad and she was making me laugh so hard. It was so nice walking into a warm house when I got home, even Ruby was happy!

I am going to take it easy for the evening and get to bed early.

Good night.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
    luludou, Ahorsesoul and Miss JoDee like this.
  3. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone.

DH text me about 10:30 this morning. The roofers are supposed to replace the roof Friday, weather permitting. Shingles were delivered today. After I got off work, we went to Monroe to Home Depot and bought paint and doors. We tried matching the veneer, but when I began to examine the doors, I realized they are varnished, not stained, which makes it next to impossible to match because varnish changes color with age. Even if we could perfectly match the varnish used, it still will not be the same color. I'm beginning to feel anxious about it all.

I called the credit union today. I do not like the mortgage agent we're assigned to. I don't know if there are others or if she's the only one, but she ignores my calls and doesn't call back when I leave voice mails. When I do get through to her, she's short, curt, and rude. I asked about the progress on our loan. She asked if I had filled out a certain form, "that I sent to you in an email," she said (in a very rude tone). I was pretty sure she hadn't, but I could have overlooked it. So, I opened the email. She did NOT send it, so I called. She didn't answer, so I left a voice message. I received it about 30 seconds later in an email. I had other questions and called three times. She didn't answer. I've already complained to her supervisor...probably why she doesn't like me...but...I'll probably complain again if she continues ignoring my calls. I'm calling again tomorrow.

We're home now and watching the LSU and Clemson ballgame. Of course, we want LSU to win, but they're not looking like a championship team tonight. Taking a night off....

Lucie, I can just imagine you and Xavier together. Such sweetness...I love the smell of new babies...tee-hee!
    Mel, did you get the thermostat fixed? Glad the cars started!
    Lisa, how horrible. My Mama's 1st cousin shot and killed his wife and then shot himself about five years ago...the most shocking thing in my adult life. They didn't have children and were in their 60s.
    Tricia, the bugs going around here seem to linger for almost a month to 6 weeks. Just keep taking it easy and taking care of yourself. Sorry DH's gout is bothering him. Do certain foods seem to make it worse? I know several people who have it and they seem to be affected by what they eat.
    Lana, printers are so frustrating!!! Ours is wireless, but you can hook direct to it, too. It's a Canon and I've had less trouble from it that others I've had. I've been seeing the ad with Shaq with the refillable ink cartridges. Sometimes, you can buy a whole new printer for less than the cost of new ink! How crazy is that?
    Amelia, my niece gave me an Instapot. I still haven't cooked in it, either. I think I'm intimidated. lol
    GrammaDeb, how is the new meal plan going? Spanish rice sounds good. I've tried several different recipes, but haven't found one that's a keeper for me.
    DawnSu, I love revival week, but it is a hectic week for sure. We have one scheduled starting March 15th.
    Jess, I'm glad your meeting went well and you think you're going to like it there. It's not for very long, so should pass quickly.
    Pamela, I laughed about the $100 extra...I have friends who talk about the $100 exit fee at Walmart...guess Target has one, too! Glad you had a good weekend with Sophia.
    Katrina, wow...that's generous time off. Glad you're having a break in the weather. Maybe you'll have an early fall!

I'm ready for Friday.. lol

Hope you all rest well.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

The afternoon is going to be a long one. I have a niggling headache, paracetamol is not shifting it. I know that it will be better when I get home and have a warm shower.

Lisa, sorry to hear about the awful events.
    Jane, I too would complain to the supervisor, the mortgage agent sounds so surly.
    Lucie, Xavier cuddles how gorgeous.
    Pamela, it sounds like a great night, Chinese food and a movie.....bliss

luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  5. happy2bme

happy2bme Well-Known Member

Jane - the thermostat was replaced on Saturday.

Forecast this evening is -27/-35 with the windchill. That is cold!

missjane and Ahorsesoul like this.
  6. Lolwlias

Lolwlias Well-Known Member

So very sad. Sorry for what your community is going through.

Ahorsesoul, teachermomof2 and jampss like this.