Monday November 26th, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Getting ready to get dressed and stuff together for work---:( . Another co-worker is off today so will be 2 of us so thrown in I will go. LOL!

Wind was strong last night. To only be 30's today after almost 60 for 4 days.

Allen did go to the doctor yesterday. Has been coughing and you know how he is prone to pnemunia (sp.) but just a cold.

Jane prayers for DDs roommate. That would be hard.

I better get moving!

Have a GREAT day everybody!

3. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Good morning, everyone.

DD21 and I will be taking her roommate to catch a plane to India today. It will be a 22 hour flight alone. I had thought her uncle and aunt who live in Atlanta would be with her, but they aren't going. She's an only child, and her dad died when she was 9. She's working toward her master's and doctoral degrees in nanotechnology and has to go to the university and take care of some things this morning. After that, we'll leave for the airport. Her mom was 52.

Lana, I bet today will be busy with the holiday last week. Maybe the day will go quickly.

Hope you all have a great day!

4. Lori K

Lori K New Member

It's a blustery snowy day in Chicago on this "back to work" Monday after a long holiday weekend. I was able to get a lot done on my days off and over the weekend, which will help this week go smoothly (I hope). For those dealing with this Midwest winter weather, please be safe. For all, Happy Monday!

5. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, Lori! Welcome to chat. I've only been to Chicago once, but I loved it! Hope you have a great day!

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
    Lori K likes this.
  6. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Welcome Lori. I am in Gurnee, north of Chicago, yes we did get snow about 9 inches. The wind is blowing it all around.
    Plan of the day is to make sure all the paper I need to take for shredding isn't not in plastic bags and load it in the car. DH said he will assist. So far his retirement is a beautiful thing! When that gets done I will spend some time in kitchen making some chicken noodle soup.

Lori K likes this.
  7. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning all MHHErs

Laundry day here. And vacuuming since DD friend is coming to mop floors for me. I have her Christmas gifts under the tree. I'll give them to her and take Christmas photos of her and DD together. Well, if DD is in the mood. Other wise just the friend. lol

I do have leftovers to freeze today too. If I get all that done I'll be happy.

No snow on the ground here. When I got up it was snowing big huge flakes. It looked so pretty. We will be having below normal temps for this week. All below freezing day and night. I am thankful for furnaces and heated mattress pads.

DD is working on her knitting loom. Making a simple cowl. So she has something to keep her busy. No LC until Wednesday this week. But she had LC22 Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 8am to 8pm each day. LC22 is planing on working next weekend and LC1 will be here two days this week.

Wishing all a good start on their week.

8. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

According to the news, sounds like the waves have actually gotten high! Last year they were always expected to but never did. I may take a little drive after my test this morning and then we can take the kids back up after school. They are supposed to increase all day and peak this this afternoon/evening.

I need to study some this morning on a few things before my assessment at 9:30, send a little good thought my way. I feel pretty confident but i'll get nervous. I just need to remember to stick with my gut answer and not change it. That was my downfall on the preassessment. I have to get the front room cleaned up and my desk cleared off for the test too.

I need to pull chicken out of the freezer for dinner tonight and work on my grocery list so I can go in the next day or two since payday is at the end of the week. I also need to do the checkbook again since I bought some things yesterday. Sea Life Park was having a sale on their admission so we're going on Sunday. They dropped their price from $39.99 to $11.99 per person, my friend called and told me, so I got my family tickets to go. DD and I have been once. It's okay but not worth the full price. I also ordered myself a planner for next year from Blue Sky. If you've never heard of them you should check them out, very reasonably priced and if you sign up, you will get an email with a 10% off coupon. You can customize your planner, cover and inside. Mine is beautiful and I think i'll love it. They have 3 different sizes. I got a regular paper size and it was $36, customized, actually $32 and some change with the 10% coupon and free shipping. Can't beat that.

Lana- Glad just a cold for Allen!
    Jane- She sounds like a smart girl so i'm sure she will be okay. Is there any other family in India that are helping to take care of arrangements or will she have to do that as well when she gets there?
    Lori- Welcome! Stay warm!!
    Jody- Soup sounds delicious, wish my kids would eat it!
    Diedra- We don't have much in the way of leftovers. haha I finished off the mashed potatoes and noodles last night (had 2 helpings). We just have a little bit of green beans and stuffing left and maybe some ham. We did good this year!

Enjoy your day!

9. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! Another grey November day. Should be getting our midwesterners snow later today as rain.

Got Buffy's photo taken with Santa. Will post it on FB for those who are interested. Hope to do the family one over the weekend. Cards are done and ready to go!

Barely slept last night so I sorted some of the stocking stuffers. The only thing I have to worry about is getting all DS and DDIL's Hanukkah gifts ready so they can take them after the party on Saturday. Not a big guest list so I hope the group is congenial. I know the food will be good:)

Going to get the mantle changed over from fall to Hanukkah - then - with a few small changes - it becomes Christmas. DS and DDIL are getting a tree and asked DH and I to help decorate it if it arrives by Sunday. DS is fine with being Jewish and DDIL has basically no religion but I do feel a bit odd about a full scale tree.

Jess - I'm sure you'll rock your assessment!
    Diedra - hope DD is in the mood for photos
    Lana - glad Allen is OK
    Jane - speaking as an only child - that hurts like heck! Thinking healing thoughts to DD's roommate
    Lori - welcome! Have a hot chocolate and enjoy the snow

10. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good afternoon!

It's another gray, rainy day here. I'm guessing when the temps drop the snow will move in, too. I was able to get a dentist appointment, so we went to the new center the hospital built in the suburbs for my blood work. It took an hour from start to finish. Unreal. Then we did some running around until going to the dentist at noon. That took about an hour too....so much waiting today. The dentist who was filling in today said that I should probably have a crown done instead of the veneer....sigh....so the veneer is back on. Still no word on working on my back tooth that is broke off....definitely need a new dentist.

M and I stopped at the post office and mailed our exchange cards today. I'm very early, but wanted to make sure they arrived in a timely manner for our out-of-country members.

No deer for our hunters yet. M has dance this evening, so after we eat dinner, we'll head there.

Jane...prayers for your dd's roommate. So sad for her.
    Lana...glad Allen is okay.
    Jess....be sure to take lots of pics of the waves!
    Hi Diedra, Debbie and Lori!

~peace~

11. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon! Seems I did not post much this weekend. Did lots of housechores and a little wrapping. Today was to be wrapping but it's almost 3:00 and haven't started yet, sigh!

Had a few calls to make... cable company have been charging me $7 too much last few months, supposed to be credited on next invoice. Called doctor (gastro) to renew RX... number doesn't work anymore , left a message on another voicemail. Left a message to see if I can get a hairdresser for cut and color in the week of dec. 10th (my hairdresser retired suddenly a few weeks ago). Got the prescription ready for pickup at the pharmacy. Got dd's warming blanket mailed to get it repaired. cost me almost $20 for shipping (not refunded).
    Baked muffins, cut up the fudge I made yesterday and got it frozen, made a quiche for tomorrow's supper. Did dishes, still need to empty dishwasher. Did 4 loads of laundry (still have towels to fold later), called mom too. Posted on my blog, catched up on my emails. Sent some ebooks to a friend too.
    Now I'm off to tea, wrapping and a Christmas movie - A Veteran's Christmas.

Later

12. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning.
    It is almost Wintery here this morning. I have plans for the rest of the week that include gardening so that is why LOL.
    Work today, boss is back from her holiday. She only flew in yesterday and had admitted that she is tired and jet lagged. Could be a long day.
    I need ti get a few decisions from her and if she is grumpy it will not go well.

Nothing on the agenda when I get home tonight, I would like to find the energy to do some Christmas prep just to be ahead of the game. I am decorating this weekend so would like to have an idea of where we are putting the tree, DH and I have different ideas on this.

Welcome to Lori, nice to see you posting.
    To everyone else, keep warm.

Much love,

13. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

I am back from the land of Migraines. Yuck!! It hit me yesterday morning and I am still in a bit of pain.

I made my first batch of Christmas cookies this morning. They will go directly into the freezer once the chocolate has hardened. Will rethaw them in a few weeks when make Christmas care packages.

I have plans to make batch #2 tomorrow.

I am hoping to sew tonight.... if my eyes will cooperate. Vision is still a touch blurry (it was a bad migraine). I am going to the chiropractor tonight to see if he can help get rid of some of the pain and neck/jaw involvement.

Lori-- welcome to the forum.

I agree... everyone stay warm.

14. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

I passed my assessment with a Competent which is just fine with me! Now on to the learning task! I helped DS get his parking pass and had to take DD lunch. Now i'm headed down to my friend's house for a quick coffee break. :) Back later!

15. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello again.

Went with DH to return his shoes and picked up a few things from $Tree. Mailed my cards! Got half of the mantle done. Nothing big planned for tonight - just shuffling through odds and ends and making some lists. Tomorrow is another day.

Jess - knew you could do it!
    Carrie - hope you're well enough to sew
    Katrina - is summer usually late in arriving?
    Lucie - you seem to have everything under control
    Lisa - yes, a new dentist is in order

16. sweetpumkinpye

Debbie, no it has usually warmed up a bit by now. We have had a cooler and wet Spring.

Work is going a bit slower today. I have bought my planner in and have just updated a few things. Still have a few things to do but most of the important things are done. Still plenty of time.

Jess, well done to you...
    Carrie, sorry to hear about the migraine.

17. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Can you believe this....my veneer fell off again! Ugh

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  18. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good evening,

Great first day at work - it was wonderful to see my former co-workers again. I'll be in orientation through Thursday so the real work starts Friday. Orientation is a pain but it ticks all the boxes for my training requirements so it's valuable for that. I met my new bosses - department and division heads - and Ann, the lady I am taking over from, is retiring on December 14 so we have two full weeks together for training.

Pouring with rain and dark on the way to and from work - so glad I have my bus pass now so I can just zip over a couple of streets and hop on the bus which will drop me right in front of my building.

No Rudolph Day activity for me - still trying to get the apartment organized. My couch is delayed until December 19 so I go between the bed and the office chair! Binge watched Ozark instead of a Christmas movie - the series is highly addictive, just wish they tamed down the language. I guess that's the way the mafia and the drug lords talk. Bummer that we have to wait until next year for Season 3.

Jess - I haven't heard of Blue Sky. Sophia and I went with Erin Condrens again for next year.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  19. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

So sorry about the Veneer! Hope you didn't have to pay for it.

DS called to say he has now deboned (mostly) his second turkey. Yesterday he was telling me the problems he had with his first one so I suggested he use the kitchen scissors. He's getting better. He has now cooked them both and is putting them into individual containers for his lunches.

I found a balloon thing for the Elf on the Shelf at Walmart. DS put it up yesterday for his son. It is really cute.

Sleep well friends.
    56497653714__25DB94E4-9995-43F5-BC94-33289536DAEE.JPEG

Attached Files:

PamelaG and teachermomof2 like this.
  20. sweetpumkinpye

Lisa, really. That is the pits. Time for a crown I think.
    Pamela,glad you had a great first day, raining here too.
    Dierdra, a very cute balloon.

Nearly finished for the day. Raining hard here so will need to be careful driving home.
    Was going to have my brother over tomorrow to do some gardening, it is not urgent and can wait until next week.

Night to you all.