Monday, October 29, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by missjane, Oct 29, 2018.

1. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hello, MHH World!

2. missjane

Good morning, everyone!

We had a busy weekend. I had a shower at 10 Saturday morning. Afterwards, DH and I went to Mama's and worked in her yard. We still have leaves to rake up and some limbs to pick up. I had to chaperone a dance at school until 10 that night. DD25 called Friday night and asked us to dog sit (they were going to a concert in Dallas), so DH and I stayed at her house Saturday night.

I got up yesterday morning and had intentions to shop for some jeans since I was in Monroe, but the stores didn't open until noon. I didn't want to stay that late, so I ran by Lowe's to get light bulbs and by Sam's to get some things there.

My niece from Las Vegas has decided to move home. She's been involved in sex trafficking for the last 20 years. We knew she wouldn't have contact with us, but we thought it was by her choice. We didn't realize it was because of the control of someone else. Since she has managed to get out of it, she wants to get home, but she's a little scared to travel alone. DS is going to fly out there Friday and help her drive home. We'll go out after Christmas and load her stuff into a U-Haul and put it in storage here until she decides what she's going to do with her life. So, making arrangements and talking all that through took up a lot of time yesterday. A man from our church is donating sky miles to DS, and they're also going to donate some gas money to help get her home.

We managed to make it to church last night and there was a baby shower after church last night. So, a busy weekend for us.I talked to DD21 last night and she is needing to see me. She's freaking out about graduating because she doesn't have a job lined up and thinks she's not ever going to do anything with her life! She's a worrier and wants to know 20 years ahead of time just exactly what going to happen in her life! ;)o_O Poor child...has a long road ahead of her. I told her one thing is certain about life and that's that things in life are uncertain! :eek:

Highs in the 80s here until about Thursday. I bought lettuce at Lowe's yesterday to put out, but will want. Otherwise, it will scorch in the hot sun.

I'm out of copies at school until Thursday, so I've got to be creative with what I'll do in my classroom or make the students copy everything and do it. :( One class will have cooking labs two days, so that's good.

I better get off here and get myself ready for work.

Have a great day, everyone!

3. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Jane and All, Hello!

I swear computers! Got ready to go to bed last night and I called about my email. The lady set it back up and I couldn't get in so called after 10 last night. Had a SUPER GREAT guy and we got in and made the shortcut etc. etc. and I changed my screen and set up other short cuts after talking with him and went to bed after 11. This a.m. for some reason I decided to restart the computer and all is gone!!!!!!!!!!!! Last night he said he was going to call back between 6:30 and 7 tonight and walk me thru some stuff and have them do a clean up on my computer. Ever so often they do that.

Anyhoo, I saw where Shannon sent out a page or so of Christmas addresses but will get them at a later time.

I think today is to be nice about 70 again.

I will take a few things to work to work on.

Guess I will go since I want to get a few things together.

Allen, Teigan and I played match last night and she was so excited when she got a match. Only played with about 12 pairs.

Have a GREAT day everybody!

4. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning,

Went to the airport at midnight on Friday to pick Vic up and by the time he got his luggage, it was almost 1:00am. Perfect time to have a dead battery. No idea how that happened. Road side assistance was there within 30 minutes and we were on our way home. No problems since then, thank goodness, and the car has its complete road check appointment tomorrow. We ran a bunch of errands Saturday and Sunday and went to see Hunter, Killer at the movies. It was excellent.

Very last spouses' group activity today - Bylaws meeting just around the corner from me and I don't think it will take more than half an hour. Then it's off to meet Vic to finalize the household goods shipments documents and then home to finish the laundry.

5. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning to all. had a great weekend had my grandson still here take him home this afternoon. its cool now but suppose to get to 64. hope everyone has a good day

6. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good morning. Kiddoes are off to school - it was smooth, no tension. Huge sigh of relief.

Saturday I went to Michael's. Got 40% off, and I - smiling - asked the cashier if I could get a bigger discount if I threw a tantrum. She laughed and said it was funny that I asked, there was a woman last week who did that. The witchy woman then got a parking ticket, and the next person in line went back to tell the cashier. I told her that next person in line was me, and we had a good laugh. Yeah, the week before, witchy woman had the young cashier almost in tears, even going back to yell at her a 2nd time, all because she wanted an extra 10% off something that was already 50% off. And the cashier had already given her the extra 10% just to shut her up. So when DD and I went outside and saw her yelling about the parking ticket (she had parked illegally in a handicap spot), we just had to go back in to share the news. Karma.

Tonight is gymnastics for dgd, and dgs has tryouts for a swim team. I'm going to fix pork chops and acorn squash for dinner, with some kind of veggies. First I hope to make a huge dent in all this laundry, but before that I'm headed back to bed. I went to bed at 2 am and got up at 5:00 with blood sugar at 45. Took care of that problem and slept until the alarm went off at 5:30.

Have a great day.

7. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I heard Eli's alarm go off, he must have hit snooze, or turned it off because he's not down here yet. Time will tell. I guess he won't be watching TV at bedtime tonight. We have rain coming so i'm trying to decide if i'm going to drive DD to school or let her ride her bike. I guess it will really depend on whether it's raining or not when she's to leave. She has band after school so I may end up having to get her either way after that if it's raining. We are under a Flash Flood Watch.

I don't have anything on my schedule today. I plan on staying home and working on schoolwork, doing some housework. Nothing major.

Jane- Wow, i'm glad your niece was able to get out and I hope she has no issues leaving the area. I think it's crazy to limit the amount of copies but I guess I understand why they do it, to an extent. Our school does it here as well. They actually have a separate copier for the volunteers to use from the teachers that doesn't require a code and they have the PTSO volunteers make the copies for the teachers so it doesn't go against the teachers count. Crazy, huh?
    Lana- Sorry you're having so much computer trouble.
    Pamela- Weird about the battery. Sounds like a busy day for you.
    Faye- Enjoy your morning with DGS!
    Deb- Yay for the smooth morning! I love it when karma hits immediately! Wow, thats really low, i'm glad you woke up and caught it.

Enjoy your day!

8. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! Kind of cloudy today - supposed to get warmer this week.

My car is in for inspection so I guess today things will depend on what DH wants to do - if anything. He seems perfectly content to just sit and do nothing. Sigh.

Soup was good last night. Brick House Cake from Pinterest was very chocolaty - only small pieces should be served. Will have to give some to the neighbor as DH and I could never finish it all! Tonight will be tuna and egg salads for meatless Monday but I feel like some pizza for lunch - hmmm.

Jane - so glad your niece was able to escape! Only good wishes for her future
    Deb - love karma!
    Pamela - how soon are you heading to Washington?
    Jess - a day at home sounds good
    Faye - glad you enjoyed the weekend the DGS
    Diedra - sounds like a nice day with DS etc....

9. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Two weeks!

10. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

Good morning (almost afternoon)!!

Kiddo came home for lunch. He make it himself. It was quite nice.

I am working in my office today. If I can get my desk cleaned off, I will be happy.

Kiddo has a crazy busy week with work, applying for colleges on Tuesday (free application fee day), and school work.

Not much else going on.

11. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Howdy!

Well, the Dodgers lost last night. I was sad.

I got up,I thought for the last time, around 8:30. But my back was really hurting. My tailbone especially. So I went back to bed and slept until noon! I don't usually sleep that late! I must have really needed it. I have a long to do list this week. Just hope I can get it done by Thursday. Because I have a very busy Friday a.m. and afternoon. It is payday, and I have errands to run and bills to pay.

Jane, so thankful that your niece is safe and out of that terrible lifestyle. I hope she will get counseling. How kind of your church family to help.
    Debbie H, send a piece of that chocolate cake my way.
    Carrie, have fun cleaning off your desk. I have a similar thing to do.
    Pamela, it is getting closer and closer!
    Jessica, I hope everything works out for your schedule. Is Eli over that sinus stuff?
    Lana, I hate computer stuff. It frustrates me like money troubles. I am getting too old for all the stress!
    Grandma Deb, that was a low sugar reading! You take care!
    HW2, have fun today, whatever you do. I like that 64 temp.

Well, I had better get started on my to do list. For some reason, things refuse to clean up after themselves. They don't mind making the mess, but cleaning up? Not on your life. I better get busy! Have a wonderful day. Be blessed!

12. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon!
    got up a bit late (8:00), took a bath, posted on my blog, prepped gym clothes for tomorrow & work clothes, and went out on errands. wanted some christmas wrapping bags... not out yet :( got lots of other stuff at the dollarstore, a few things at the grocery store and stopped by the bank. called mom, chatted with my sister, doing some laundry.
    Went through the gift closet , my list is uptodate and all gifts are in bags or boxes. will need to wrap soon.
    Now I'll empty my iphone of pics & videos, prep supper, finish laundry, ..... still so much to do!

13. MrsSoup

I have been cleaning up here and there this morning. Getting some laundry done as well. Now i'm about to start on some schoolwork. I have Halloween II on in the background. I just remembered that I wanted to run back down to Target and get trick or treating bags for the kids. The buckets they usually use just aren't big enough and we usually end up dumping their candy into plastic sacks partway through. I would really like to not have to do that this year. They have good sized cloth bags at Target for $3 and some of them even light up for safety.

Count me as one that needs to clear a desk area. Not my working desk but the built in that everything gets piled on from paperwork to random stuff that has no place. I need to file the paperwork, throw things away and find homes for the rest of the items there. I keep putting it on my list and then not doing it. Maybe today will be the day!

No rain yet for us here, glad I had DD go ahead and ride her bike. I have hamburger out for chili tonight, DH's choice. I'll make cornbread to go with it. Still waiting on an email from the doc.

Debbie- Sounds like my DD would love that cake. haha
    Carrie- What was for lunch?
    Pam- You must have needed the sleep. Almost time for the stimulator, on the 2nd right? Or did I get the date wrong? He is not, he was coughing up a storm this morning so I gave him his cough medicine and the liquid Sudafed.
    Lucie- Busy day for you, but sounds like you are getting lots done!

14. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    A little chilly here this morning but will heat up by the weekend. Our aircon is still not fixed so will need to call them today.
    No work for me today, CW is covering my shift so that I can attend the funeral for family friend this afternoon. My mum will pick me up around 3.45.
    Dinner tonight with DD BF and his parents. I am still a little nervous about what to talk about with them, this will only be my 4th time with them. They are lovely and are very similar to DH and I in interests so am hoping that it is a nice night. We are going to a replica English pub and I am looking forward to that.

As I have a bonus day today I will try and get a few things ticked of the to do list so I am ahead of the game.

Hoping that you all have wonderful afternoons.

15. missjane

Hi, everyone.

Everything is set up for DS to go help DN get home.

DH and I went and saw DD21 tonight and ate supper with her. Just a few more weeks, and she'll be finished with college. Uncertainties about what will happen afterwards are about to drive her crazy, but we keep telling her she doesn't have to figure it all out right now. Just come home, enjoy the holidays, and then, we can work on what happens next. One of her housemates...the last one to move in...has breached her lease by not paying rent, so she's being evicted by the landlord. Now, they have to look for another housemate ASAP.

We have the possibility of some severe weather overnight Halloween night or possibly early evening. There's a wiener roast scheduled at church that night. May or may not happen.

Today was the first day of red ribbon week, so the students could wear uniform pants with a red shirt, unless they had red pants to wear with their red shirts. No jeans. If students had jeans on, we had to send them to the office and log a dress code violation. We had one student who refused to get out of her seat and go to the office. (not in my classroom) They called the security officer and she still wouldn't budge, so they had to call the police! SMH! They have lost their minds!! Really?? I could not believe it when I heard why the police were there.

GrammaDeb, glad things are running smoothly. Yikes...that's a low blood sugar!
    Carrie, glad you survived the weekend with in-laws. Wow! I don't think we had fee free application days here. How lucky! Does he know what he wants to major in?
    Diedra, I'm amused of your description of how DH thinks he must have something new.
    Katrina, better get that AC repaired. You'll be melting soon when a heat wave comes sailing through unexpectedly! We're in the 80s here until Thursday when we'll dip back into the 60s.
    Jess, chili sounds good. I have some in the freezer. I was thinking when we have hotdogs, DH can have some with his. I don't like it on mine, but I love Frito pies with shredded cheese...not the liquid kind!
    Lucie, sounds like you had a busy day...hope you got it all done.
    Pam, good for you for getting some additional sleep. Sometimes, we just need to give into letting our bodies rest.
    Lisa, that's scary about M. So glad someone found out about it. Crazy things can happen so easily. I think about my DN. She's a very intelligent person and is so angry with herself that she didn't see this for what it was before being lured into it. And for losing 20 years of connection with her family. And for having no money, no job training, and no way to take care of herself. Predators are everywhere.
    Faye, weekends with DGKs are always fun! Is he your only grandchild?
    Pamela, when you started talking about having to move, it seemed so long off, and here it is almost time! Eek! Hope things weren't too hard emotionally today.
    Debbie, the cake sounds good if it's so rich only small quantities should be consumed! I'm sure you found something to keep you busy today.
    Lana, grrr!! I understand your frustration over the computer. We keep getting these notices about our carrier "improving and being faster than ever" and I swear it seems slower than ever! Hope you get it all straightened out.

Drank tea with supper...should have known better...can't go to sleep...won't like myself in the morning. o_O

Night, everyone...no need to keep you all up by writing a longer book. :D

16. MrsSoup

Jane- Oh man, I wish I had remembered to pick up Fritos! I love Fritos in my chili and we don't have any. :( Good thing DD is almost done with college. I'm sure she'll get it figured out when she's ready. She's lucky to have parents like you!

I got my prescription from the doctor. The nurse finally called just before 3 this afternoon and went over my symptoms with me and then suggested that I take the 5-7 day over the counter medication and asked if I could like to pick that up from the pharmacy and I said I would prefer the pill. So she said she had to talk to the doc and would get back to me. She finally called back just after 4, so I went straight to the pharmacy.

I had to pick DD up after school (no band for her) because her stomach had been hurting since lunch. She refuses to go to the school nurse so she just suffered all afternoon. She seems okay now so not sure if it will come back, we'll see. DS is at work.