Monday, October 7, 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by FrostyShimmer, Oct 7, 2019.

1. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Good Morning All!

2. FrostyShimmer

Thought I'd start the thread this morning.

It's warm and rainy here today.

We have eggnog! It's that time of year again!

Last night DD6 had a rash all over her torso. There was nowhere to take her other than the emergency room, so I called the healthline and they said to get her to a doctor within 24 hours, then recommended a clinic that didn't open for another 24 hours. This morning the rash has spread. Hoping they can fit her in at the clinic. Really would like to avoid waiting in the emergency room for six hours. Plus I don't think it's the best idea given she's covered by a rash that could be scarlet fever, rubella, etc. I don't like taking her to the same place babies are waiting for checkups and pregnant women are waiting for checkups.

Have a good day everyone. Can you believe there are only 79 days left?

luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  3. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, FS, and all to follow.

Debating on going to Bible study. Don't feel the greatest. Am feeling bloated, have a slight headache, and tummy hurts. I will wait a little while before I decide. I hate to miss it, tho. Plus, I did not sleep well again last night. Took a nice long nap in the afternoon, tho.

I have several errands to run, especially to the post office. Out of stamps.

It is grey and gloomy out today. Cool temps. Glad those 90s are gone, but 70s would be nice! Guess I will call my fearless leader and tell her I won't be there today. I really don't feel all that well.

Take care, and remember to stay safe and be blessed. FS, hope DD6 feels better very soon.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning to all. watching halloween movie when i got up this morning. just fixed some pumpkin spice rolls yummy!!!!!!!!!! get my grandson today after school have agood day

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Morning To All!

I have a load of laundry going.

Will work on checkbooks and then get ready to go to Mt. Vernon. Eye doctor appt. is at 1 so would like to hit a few places before then.

Yesterday we ended up going to the craft show with Jaymee and Teigan. Got down and Teigan was riding the horse and rain sprinkles came and stopped and then just a good steady slow rain came off and on. Got .4. She made a couple ropes and a Christmas tree ornament and wanted to leave. Went to eat and left. Lousy day for them.

To be low 70's today.

When getting home yesterday I laid down and slept about 1 1/2 hours. I NEVER take a nap but it felt good for some reason.

FS, hope DD gets in and its nothing.

Pam, hope you feel better.

HW2, the rolls sound good. Enjoy the grandson after school.

Have a GREAT day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Good morning!

Got up did stretching, pottered around doing not much. Baked some soft pumpkin-chocolate chip cookies
    https://www.afamilyfeast.com/soft-pumpkin-chocolate-chip-cookies/
    Found them soft and chewy. I will freeze them and bring them to the cabin next week.

Time for lunch, then ongoing to-do list. Posted on my blog too (since I didn't post here yesterday I did post about my day there).

FS: please keep us updated on DD, hoping it's nothing that can't be fixed quickly.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. FrostyShimmer

Luckilly they had a cancellation and I was able to get DD6 into the doctor. He said it's just a virus and not much you can do for those other than letting them run their course and managing the fever. Apparently kids get rashes with lots of viruses where adults don't. Her extreme exhaustion had me thinking it was mono becuase this is a kid who never rests. Her rash has worsened and spread just since we got home. He said she's fine to go back to school as long as it's 24 hours after her fever has ended, but I think I'll keep her home until the rash goes away --- she looks like she has the measles, and I don't want other kids and parents thinking they might catch something serious.

pamspaur - hope you feel better as the day goes on
    housewife2 - Are pumpkin spice rolls like cinnamon rolls with a pumpkin spice filling instead?
    Lana - too bad the weather wasn't good for the craft fair.
    luludou - yum! I may have to give those cookies a try too!

Ahorsesoul and luludou like this.
  8. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I don't feel well this morning either. I had too much gin last night and am now paying for it. DH, DD and I stayed up playing Phase 10, we also played a little Uno and Skip-Bo. My head hurts, my stomach is weird, and i'm a bit dizzy. I got up before 5 and came downstairs and took Ibuprofen and drank some water. I went back to bed and back to sleep off and on until the dogs woke me up around 6:30. I'm out of Ibuprofen so will need to get some more today.

DH is off today but we have to wait for maintenance to come and fix some things. I didn't know he was off when I made the appointment, I don't think he did either. Not sure what we'll do after the appointment. I still have schoolwork to do.

FS- Poor thing! Good idea keeping her home until the rash subsides. People are funny about stuff like that.
    Pam- Feel better!
    Faye- Have fun with your grandson!
    Lana- Sorry the rain came and ruined the fun at the craft show. Sometimes you just need a nap.
    Lucie- Those cookies sound good!

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Hello. It's a beautiful day, to be 86 this afternoon.

Had a nice relaxing weekend, but I'm disoriented today. I usually sit with neighbor on Mondays, but this month will be only Wednesdays & Fridays. I appreciate having today off since it's laundry day. Forgot to put gas in the car on Saturday and after taking the kids to school this morning I'm a hair above empty. Guess that makes getting gas a priority task. I'll fix a nice, easy meal tonight - biscuits & sausage gravy.

Have a great day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Tuesday here and to work after a public holiday yesterday. Just need to work today and then I am on holidays and don't go back until October 28th.
    Sometimes it is so busy after a holiday, there will be a lot of messages on the phone and people who were trying to ring yesterday will call today.

Not sure what I will do tonight when I get home, maybe more packing for road trip.
    Looking at the weather for this week, we are back to cool days and nights only 15C (59F) for the wedding on Saturday, a little too cool. I was hoping for about 22C (70F)

Hoping that you all have a great day.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. sweetpumkinpye

Good morning,
    Tuesday here and to work after a public holiday yesterday. Just need to work today and then I am on holidays and don't go back until October 28th.
    Sometimes it is so busy after a holiday, there will be a lot of messages on the phone and people who were trying to ring yesterday will call today.

Not sure what I will do tonight when I get home, maybe more packing for road trip.
    Looking at the weather for this week, we are back to cool days and nights only 15C (59F) for the wedding on Saturday, a little too cool. I was hoping for about 22C (70F)

Hoping that you all have a great day.

12. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Katrina - have a great vacation! where are you going for the roadtrip?

I spent the afternoon crocheting a diaper cover for the baby. Just missing a big orange button (like in the picture).
    turtle1.jpg
    Just called cable company, darn phone didn't hang up properly and says it's been in use for 3 hours with my mom (long-distance!) - they can't see it until the bill is printed out . Hope it doesn't appear or I will have to call again, they did take a note on it and say they will credit it if it happens. Shouldn't since mom used her phone all afternoon.

I did order on amazon more wool for socks and a baby thing to put in the bath.

dh just called he's on his way home.

'Night

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Hi!

I stayed home this morning. Even went back to sleep. I got up and dressed, and went to Ollie's. I was looking for some glass baking ware. They did not have what I wanted. Bummer. But I got a few more Christmas gifts. I am half done with shopping. Next month is the twins birthday. No idea what to give Jennifer. Oh well.

She and Sam are selling a bunch of stuff, and her friends were snatching it up like crazy. I bought a few things. Will get it later in the week. Whenever Samuel decides to get together. He better not keep postponing it.

My nose has been running practically all day. My symptoms have come back. Ugh. Tummy is hurting. I wonder what kind of soup I might have in the cabinet. Hope it is chicken noodle, but I doubt it. Been watching baseball. Cardinals beat the Braves today. Bummer. Just as long as somebody beats the dirty pinko commie Yankees!

Will you please say a prayer for my pastor and his wife? She has a pinched nerve in her neck, and he has had lung cancer, and his lungs are quite painful right now. So his pulmomologist ordered him some Prednisone, and hopefully this will help him.

Guess I should go see what is in my cabinet to eat. At least, I am hungry. Hope you are all having a great day. TTYL!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. happy2bme

happy2bme Well-Known Member

My internal clock decided to go off at 2:30 this morning and I been up ever since - I am so tired.

I came home from work and had a warm shower, put my pj's on and made some dinner. I have done a load of laundry and will do the dishes after I drink my tea.

We are supposed to be getting some kind of rain/snow storm overnight, can't wait to see what I wake up to!

Good night.

luludou likes this.
  15. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Evening!

DH and I ran some errands earlier and went to Home Depot. They have all their Christmas items out, to include a grove of fake Christmas trees inside the store. I took selfies with them and put them on the MHH FB page. I couldn't resist. :p I was definitely thinking of all my MHH sisters.

The maintenance guy said he did whatever to our hot water heater, however, I went upstairs to attempt a hot bath and the water was cooler than it has been. I went out and changed something so i'm hoping it will be warmer later when I try again. If not, I will be calling again tomorrow. :rolleyes:

I was going to take DD to the beach first thing tomorrow to hunt seaglass but the waves are going to be too high. So guess we'll stay home and i'll do schoolwork until time for PT. That's what I need to do anyway.

Deb- Biscuits and gravy sounds amazing! One of my favorite meals for breakfast or dinner.
    Katrina- That's a nice holiday!
    Lucie- Ouch, that would be a heck of a bill!
    Pam- Sending good thoughts for your pastor and his wife. You as well to get to feeling better.
    Mel- I love hearing about your snow. I can just picture myself back in upstate NY.

happy2bme likes this.
  16. sweetpumkinpye

Lucie, In April DH and I did a 1 week road trip in mainland Australia's smallest state, Victoria. It is a lovely drive and we decided to go back and do a bit more of the state. Once we have done this trip we can tick this state off our to do list. Having said that there are always more places to visit.

Love the nappy covers, so cute

Ahorsesoul and luludou like this.