Month to Month Binder and Gingerbug's Blog

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Chelle

Retire Member
Mar 13, 2008
Germany, but originally from TN
Hi Everyone,

I've been reading the BB here and also reading Gingerbug's Blog, which is fabulous! So I got a binder out and started one using Ginger's wonderful info on her Blog. Thanks so much, Ginger! I've tried to do a HN various times, and could never get it to work for me. I've used a Dayplanner, palm pilot, and various other things. I still have my Palm, but find that having it around with a 4 year old doesn't help much. He's always wanting to play with it.

I took Ginger's break down of how she has set up her Magic Maintenance Binder and started one for me. I'm using a 1/2" binder for now, as I want it small and streamlined. I like the idea of doing monthly sections, and moving things from each month ie. Magic Maintenance List. So I looked around online to find some freebie calendar printables and found some that I like. I've printed up and I'm using the calendar page as my section page. I'm printing them on card stock as well in colors that are more muted to go with my primitive/country heart.

I created an excel file and using Gingers ideas of weekly pages, master list, room a month, etc and created my own. I forgot how much I liked using excel. I've been using my palm software for awhile and while I like it for some things, I'm finding that it's not best for doing household maintenance. I also have List Pro on my palm and laptop. I started out using that and thought I'd then print out each list. Well, you can't change the font size or anything on it when printing. So that's why I went to excel and I love it! I created one file and by using different worksheets within the file, I now have a Master List, Room a Month, Weekly/Daily list. Ginger has hers set up with 2 days on one page. I set mine up with 3 days using landscape and I print front and back. So that's one page per week. I didn't add Sunday, as I thought that could be my day off! A Day of Rest!

That's as far as I've gotten on sheets to print, but I'm going to continue to set up some other things. I would really like to set up list for Life Goals, and some of the other things you all do here. I just thought I'd take a bit at a time and not get overwhelmed. Now I'm set to start using my daily/weekly lists tomorrow.

Ginger, Thanks so much for all of the wonderful information you put up on your blog. I am so glad that I found this site and your Blog.

chick3

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Wow! How wonderful that you used some of Ginger's great ideas so quickly!! And how wonderful that you shared it with us! It is really fun for me to read how others in this group use and modify ideas! I've said it before and I'll say it again -- Yay us!!! :hula:

crazymo

Retire Member
Nov 6, 2007
Little Falls, Mn
I love Ginger's blog and have been setting up my own notebook too!!! chick1

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
Good for you! I've used some version of a Household Notebook for several years, but Ginger has helped me fine tune it.