More on Monday, 9-9-19

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Pam Spaur, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, MHH family!

2. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Hello.

More decrapification this Monday. I need to work on my bookshelves so I can continue more of the decrap. My life is so exciting, is it not?

Yesterday was so busy! Got ready for church and picked up MJ. I still don't think she realizes how hard it is sometimes for me to put her walker in the car. Anyway, we stopped at Burger King for breakfast. Ate on the way to church.

Get to church, unload MJ and her walker. A friend came over and held the door open so I could go park the car. Went in and got a cup of coffee. Sat down, chatted with friends, and enjoyed my coffee and the service. After church, we went to lunch. A gentleman from our church had passed away on Thursday, and his calling was at church at 4. So we killed some time. I stopped by Aldi's to get some milk and bread and bar b cue chips. Sigh....then to Dollar General.

At the calling, I stood in line for over 45 minutes. Oh. My. Word. I hurt when I got there, and hurt ten times worse when I left. I am getting too old period. I took MJ home, and unloaded her, the Walker, and her purchases. She has not paid any bills yet, and has spent 2/3 of her pay already! Of course, she paid her son's rent. Grrrr. I apologize for constantly repeating this again and again, but I just want to scream. She is never going to change this situation. I tell her she needs to do stuff for herself and not everyone else. I think another call to her DD is in order.

Sorry for the rant. I guess I should get my lazy butt out of bed and eat breakfast and dress and get started with the crap! I need to get my meds in my system. Hmmm, what to fix for breakfast? I hope you all have a great day. Stay safe and be blessed!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

Good morning Pam and all who follow.

I forgot to set my alarm and I slept in a little bit. I was able to make up for the half hour missed... dishes are washed, laundry is started and I worked on the family newsletter. It looks like it rained through the night. Everything is soaked. Guess we don't have to water for a few days.

I want to work on my desk area of the living room today and where the dog kennels sit. It is one major fur ball around their kennels. They must be doing a "major shed" right now. I am going to have to insist that Kiddo brush them today.

My rooster pitcher is being picked up and sold today. Finally stuff is starting to sell.

Not much else going on around here. Thank goodness!!

4. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Pam I would suggest to just enjoy your friend. As you say she isn't going to change and her daughter isn't going to change her. You are such a good friend.

Realtor emailed this morning wondering when they could do photos of the house. Dh has not made one forward action to getting movers in here. I am packing but he doesn't realize the packers would have done all of this in one day so I could have started cleaning. I decided I am just going to pack and not worry about the rest. At least I'll pack when DD isn't awake which if only about 2 hours a day. On top of that Eva the puppy has started having diarrhea again so I have a call into the vet. Will have to wait until after 4 to hear from them since it's referred to Urgent Care. Poor little thing was in and out about 15 times this morning.

Other than that nothing else is going on. They are doing the paperwork for the new house. They are waiting for some papers from the bank.

And at some point i need to drop off baby clothes for a quilt to be made. I decided the best thing was to just let someone else do it to prevent it from becoming an project in the corner or in a forgotten box. lol

5. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning to all. been cleaning and washing clothes. took my grandson to jumpology yesterday he had fun. my daughter is due in 2 weeks we are all excited my gs saids he wants a boy cousin i want a girl but just healthy is all i want. she will know when its here what the sex is. have a good day

teachermomof2 and Ahorsesoul like this.
  6. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I'm tired this morning and have a headache from all the looking up and holding items while my friend figured out where to put the nails. She's much taller than I so did a lot of the higher items and I stretched as much as I could and looked up a lot and I tried to be careful of my neck but i'm feeling it this morning and my headache is the price. :oops: I go to the chiropractor this morning though so hopefully he can fix it. I did take some Ibuprofen while I was making my coffee. The office is in Haleiwa which is closer to our old house so I was debating if there was anything I needed to do up there, but I think i'll just come on home and rest and study for my test that I need to schedule. I would like to get it taken tomorrow.

I will need to pick Eli up from school at 2. I may run over to the Hickam Commissary at some point today. The one at the NEX, which is closest, doesn't have a bakery department and their freezer section is having maintenance issues so there's a whole section that is empty and we haven't been able to buy ice cream the past two trips. I want to see if the Hickam one has a bakery section and I need to pick up ice cream. I also need to get some command strips to hang one more thing on my paint wall (wall of all my canvas paintings that i've done). It's a small surfboard that I painted an octopus on, light enough to use command strips as it doesn't have a hanger on the back.

Pam- That is a sad situation that your friend is in for sure.
    Carrie- Glad the selling is looking up!
    Diedra- Good idea on the quilt. Poor Eva! Tank had some loose stools when we moved into the new house but I think it was just from stress. He's better now. I hope they can figure out why she keeps having diarrhea. Do they have any idea?
    Faye- Wow, very close now! I bet everyone is excited.

Enjoy your day!

7. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Yes, she tested positive for Coccidiosis. So this is what had been causing the diarrhea since before we picked her up. After a few times to our local vet I took her to the U of M Vet Hospital. They ran different tests and found the Coccidiosis. While on the medication her problem was gone. She finished the meds on Sept 1 so it has slowly returned. She isn't feeling like herself either. Starting to take long naps and isn't as playful.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  8. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! Sunny and 70's on LI today.

My sleeping is all out of whack. I turn off the light at my usual time - about 12:30 and my mind immediately snaps on - until about 3:30 a.m. Then I fall asleep and sleep until about 9. Maybe our camping trip this weekend will change that as I usually sleep better in the trailer.

Picked up my computer this morning and it is all fixed:). Did a quick trip around the mall and spent no money. I think I will try for a pedicure this afternoon and then DH and I have a Mets game tonight.

Pam - Diedra is probably right about MJ - she sounds much too good hearted to change
    Jess - good idea to plan your trips in advance
    Diedra - hope Eva got her meds and is feeling better
    Carrie - it's good to sleep in
    Faye - a new baby is always exciting

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

You should be able to check the DECA website to see what departments each commissary provides. They have majorly upgraded their website after a long time of it being really lame.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Hello there!

Lunch time at work so time for a quick chat. Steady all morning so that's always a good thing. Not much on the agenda tonight. I finished Week 44 of my Project Life so I'm moving on to Week 45. More Christmas photos in the layouts from trips to Target and Michaels. Makes me think of all the lovely displays to come in the local stores. Sophia starts Week 2 of her student teaching today. She's really enjoying it and has great mentors.

I'm in December Daily overload - so many cute ideas being posted on the Facebook group and videos are popping up on You Tube. Scrapbook.com has all of their holiday supplies listed, more great paper and embellishments. I.have.to.stop.NOW. I really pared down my December Daily shopping and I feel like I have plenty to complete last year's album plus this year's and maybe go back to 2016 and work on that one as well. Lots to do, always.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon! Been a busy weekend with chores and family time thrown in there.
    Not much got done today... too nice outside! darn I need rainy days.
    All the knitting and crocheting done in the last few days needs to be undone... don't know what is going on. I need to start cleaning for christmas soon too.... only been maintaining... don't know feel like not getting accomplished these days. ah well
    Posted on my blog (link in signature)

going outside to read, yep I'm sure that's gonna help my accomplishement feeling.:rolleyes:

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Hello. Laundry day - ugh. I just want to sleep. I need a good book for when I'm tired of crocheting.

Have a good day.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning all,
    Tuesday here, the sun is out but I think it is still windy and cold out there.
    Work for me today and the dinner with DD, BF and his parents tonight. I will go straight after work. It has been ages since we saw them so will be nice to catch up.
    DH father has his biopsy today so will finally get some information on the prognosis for him.
    DH own health continues to be a problem. He went to a urologist yesterday and needs to go back twice more for more testing. An expensive proposition and I am glad that we have some money put aside. Will need to boost up the savings again after this, being unwell in Australia is costly.

Better get going,
    have a great day all.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

I accomplished a huge task. I spackled the walls with photo and curtain rod holes. I sanded it and then painted them My walls are blemish free. I deep cleaned the rest of the living room.

luludou likes this.
  15. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

Today turned into a hot mess. :( Eli looked like he was holding back tears when I dropped him off this morning. DD didn't want to go to school, she went reluctantly. She told DS yesterday that she didn't like her school because she doesn't have any friends. It's been two days at her new school and this week is the first time she will be in her actual classes, so of course she doesn't have any friends yet. :rolleyes: DS's car took a dump on the highway and he barely made it off the highway on an exit and into a parking lot. I had to go pick him up and take him to school before my appointment. I made it to my appointment with some time to spare, luckily. I sent DH a message, thinking that he wouldn't get it until he was off for the day but he ended up calling after PT when they were supposed to be doing personal hygiene. I told him what happened and he's going to pick DS up from my friends house and take him to look at the car after he gets off. Hopefully they can get it running and moved to Schofield or back home. Not sure what we'll do tomorrow. I called my friend to see if her husband was back to work today to see if he could help, but he was back to work. Then I texted my other friend to see if she could pick up DS with her son this afternoon from school. The boys are best friends. I had to go by her house after my appointment to drop off the key to the vehicle.

I told her how my morning was going and was in tears. Apparently Eli told my other friends son yesterday that he didn't like his new school. I was just having a rough time this morning with everything. She asked what I was doing today and I said going home to wallow in self-pity. She said let's go grab coffee and go look for seaglass and take your mind off things. So we loaded up and went. We sat on the beach while I ate a muffin because I didn't have time to eat breakfast with all the chaos this morning. We watched turtles playing in the surf and then got up to look for seaglass. Not 5 minutes into looking for glass my phone rang and it was Eli's school nurse. I needed to come get him because his stomach hurt and he had been in to see her 3 times. :rolleyes: We were both bummed that we had to leave but we made plans for Thursday to do it again.

I dropped her off and headed to Eli's school. The nurse was super nice and after talking to her for a bit she said she thought he was just missing his friends so she thought she better call mom. :) I appreciate her for that and for looking out for the new kid and understanding. I brought Eli home and we talked in the car on the ride about his new school and what he didn't like and then I asked him to find some positive things. I told him that it's okay to miss his old school but he has to accept that he's not going back and start trying to like his new one. We'll see how it goes. He said he doesn't understand the math they are doing and I told him that he needs to tell his teacher that he hasn't done that math yet and ask him to show him how to do it. He said he didn't think of that.

I'm going to do some reading and maybe take a nap.

Diedra- Poor Eva. Is it something that can be cured or will she just have to keep taking medication?
    Debbie- Sorry your sleep is all out of whack. A pedicure sounds lovely. I'm due for another one.
    Pamela- I will do that, thank you! I'm glad she's enjoying it, i'm excited to start my PCE in the spring.
    Lucie- Reading outside sounds lovely! I may join you.
    Hi Deb!
    Katrina- I hope everything is okay with DH!
    Carrie- Good work!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  16. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

I ended up making my overnight oats, prepping dh a lunch for tomorrow, prepping yogourt and fruit for the week, cutting up a cantaloup, doing dishes, and starting a to-do list for next week. Undid half of what was done on the baby blanket.

New programs start tonight... so see you all tomorrow

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  17. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good evening!

It's been a very busy Monday. School was hectic as usual. It's testing week, so lots of splits. Thankfully we have a sub for our teacher who is testing. My special was cancelled, so I taught music today, so no tutoring by me, as was scheduled now during my prep time. SMH. Then it was solid teaching until lunch at 12:15 and back at it at 12:45 until recess at 2:20 -2:40 and back at it until the last kiddo left at 3:29. LOOONGG day for the kids and me, too.

Then I stopped at the bank after school to deposit fundraiser money. Next was home to make dinner and then back out to take M to dance and fill up the Tahoe with gas. Dance is 2 1/2 hours long this year, so I just dropped her off tonight and came home for a few hours. I checked in with my dad because he sprained his knee, but he is okay. FIL had knee replacement surgery today and he came through it okay. J is at the farm bailing hay with 2 of his brothers. I sent up chicken noodle soup for mil to have for dinner. BFF called to chat for a bit, and now I'm finally here. I'm tired. I need to finish pulling stuff together for tomorrow and then before I know it, it will be time to head out for M.

Jessica...the kids will settle in soon! It's all still very new and they were happy at their other schools, so I'm sure it's a bit more difficult for them.
    Waving hello to everyone...have a blessed night and rest up! (I'm hoping to be in bed by 9!)

Ahorsesoul and MrsSoup like this.
  18. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone.

There was hit and miss rain here today, so DH's football practice was cancelled. My computer was ready, so he and I went to Monroe to pick it up. It's all cleaned up and running efficiently. We still have some extreme temperatures headed out way in the next two weeks.

Work went pretty quickly today. Some patients are finishing up their 8 weeks of therapy and we're adding more patients each week. We should be starting to work with patients in nursing homes and assisted living homes soon.

Diedra, hope the puppy gets okay...a lot to deal with while trying to move.
    Pam, everyone is right. There's not going to be a change in MJ probably.
    Jess, it makes our heart hurt when out kids aren't happy. Hope the kids settle in soon.
    Lisa, hope you made it to bed by 9:00. It hasn't been happening for me, but I surely want it to, too.
    Katrina, slow days are the hardest to stay awake.
    Lucie, nothing wrong with taking a day to do some things that just bring joy. You always work so hard keeping things done at your home that I'm sure missing a few chores for one day, it won't be that hard to catch yourself up.
    Carrie, that is an accomplishment!
    GrammaDeb, have the DGKs already started homeschool?
    Pamela, my head swims when I read about all the scrapbooking you do! Glad you enjoy it.
    Faye, I think it's great that y'all don't know the sex of the baby! It's so exciting to wait, IMO!

I'm off to bed. Hope you all rest well!

Ahorsesoul and MrsSoup like this.
  19. MrsSoup

Evening!

DD and I went to the resale lot and looked at vehicles. I took pictures of a few. DH wants me to call our bank and see what they would approve DS for loan-wise if we cosign. :rolleyes: He hasn't even gotten his first paycheck yet from McDonalds and his hours change every week so i'm not sure how that is going to work out. DS said he is going to switch schools so tomorrow I will go to his school and do the release paperwork and see how long it will take to get it done. I can't register him without it so that will determine when he transfers. Hopefully his car makes it to school tomorrow.

I think i'm going to make a gin and gingerale. I'm not sure what to make for dinner. I suggested the 4 cans of cinnamon rolls in the refrigerator but DH doesn't seem to keen on that idea. :rolleyes: Sounds fine to me.

Ahorsesoul likes this.