Mothers Day Sunday May 12th, 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, May 12, 2019.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Up and getting ready to go see Aunt Im. Will stop by Dollar General in Nashville for some pads for her and maybe Krogers before going so can just zip home then.
    Yesterday the forecast looked really nice for the week. 70s and low 80s with chance of spotty showers on Wednesday. Lets hope they are correct and doesn't change. Farmers need better weather as does gardeners.

Teigan will come home today. It will be her second Ninja Warrior class this afternoon.

Everybody have a GREAT day and all you mothers enjoy and take it easy!

3. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Happy Mother's Day To ALL

Everyone is a mother in some way or another to someone.

I'm up and dressed. Made Dh go to the bakery for gluten free donuts (he wasn't happy about it). I think he's getting tired of having to get over some of the house chores. He can just do it. Yesterday I asked him how much help was he after his last operation. Men!

DD is just no getting up. She wants a shower so I told her to check with me this afternoon.

Enjoy your Day.

4. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Happy Mother's Day!

It's pouring rain here this morning and chilly. The rain gauge is showing 4 inches since Friday. That's a lot of rain! It's only 52* and it isn't going to get much warmer today.

We went to mass last night, so I was able to sleep a bit later today. We'll go see my mom here in a bit, then H has to go to work. Then before I know it, it will be time to go to dance with M. J will probably visit his mom while we are at dance. I will probably pick up a pizza for dinner after dance.

Looking forward to watching Call the Midwife, Les Miserable, and Unforgotten tonight on PBS.

Hope you have a great day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. happy2bme

happy2bme Well-Known Member

Good morning & Happy Mother's Day!!

I am writing this from my new home!! I am so happy!! The yard is bigger and better than I thought, Ruby is such a happy dog. She just loves running around and playing fetch. Unpacking is getting done quite quickly, I guess that comes with experience.

Kelsey is working all weekend, but has been a big help when she gets home. I m going to Home Depot to buy some flower baskets and such. They have the best prices and selection. Kelsey will come with me and then we will have lunch before she heads off to work.

Have a great day!!

PamelaG, Ahorsesoul and teachermomof2 like this.
  6. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha and Happy Mother's Day!

I woke up with a headache so have taken some Ibuprofen and a Sudafed because I still have this crud. My stomach is still crampy (gas maybe?) so i'm thinking it has something to do with my change in eating and not my overindulging the other night. I wanted some quiet time to wake up before DH and I get ready to head off on the bike this morning and i'm hoping this Ibuprofen will kick in. All I have to do is get dressed and put the battery back in the camera. Won't take me long to get ready. I've already braided my hair.

I really should work on schoolwork when I get back this afternoon but we'll see how I feel after the ride this morning. DD wanted to go sit on the beach, she can't swim right now since she has a visitor. ;) I'm not sure what we'll do. I think I just want to relax and fighting holiday traffic to get to a beach is not high on my list.

Lana- Hope the weather is nice this week!
    Diedra- Yes, he can just do it! You are recovering. Enjoy your donuts!
    Lisa- Relax today as much as you can!
    Mel- Sounds like a great day! I'm so stinkin happy for you!

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul and happy2bme like this.
  7. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

Happy mothers day to all. had anice lunch with the kids and my grandson. its turned cooler with the rain

8. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Happy Mother's Day to you all!!! I hope that you all have amazing days.

Monday here and that means work for me. It is a little foggy outside but is meant to warm up a little bit, not too bad in the office. As always, not sure what awaits me at work, some days are busy and some days are very quiet, I have packed my planner to update if I get a chance.
    Will come home tonight to DD BF and BF parents dogs who they are dog sitting while the parents are away. Should be quite the house full.
    They will watch Game of Thrones and then have an early dinner with us before heading home.

Mel, so excited for you....

Much love all,

happy2bme likes this.
  9. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Happy Mother's Day! Wishing you a wonderful day! Hope it has been grand.

MJ was feeling weak today, just like yesterday, so she stayed home from church. I told her to rest and I would bring her present over later. However, I am not doing it today. I hurt too much.

Jay surprised me at church. He got there right when it was about over. We had a guest speaker who was a missionary from Jerusalem, and was originally from Jordan. Interesting! Then, Jay and I went to my fave restaurant. It was very busy! I mean B.U.S.Y.! We had to wait over a half hour to get seated. But, got my favorite waiter. Took forever for our food, but it was well worth the wait. Oh my stars! It was so good! My Bow tie Festival was delicious! First you get a warm loaf of bread and some oil and garlic and some other things that you dip the bread in. I could make a meal off the bread alone. I could only eat half of mine. Decided to take home the rest. Jay tasted it and liked it, so I told him he could have it for a snack. We got Italian chocolate cake for dessert. Each of us got TWO slices of cake and a scoop of ice cream. Couldn't eat all of it, either. Brought it home, but gave it to Jay.

We came back to my place. He wanted my opinion on some things he wants to do in his kitchen. I am going to make yellow gingham curtains for him. Then he took a nap and I looked at his LTD catalogs. Saw some things I wanted, but don't need. I gathered food and stuff for him to take home. He woke up and we chatted for a moment. Then he thought he had best go home before he fell asleep again. Lol. He left and two minutes later, Stephen called and we chatted for a while. Talked to Brysen. Steve said he would smile when I talked to him. He is so cute. Lindsay has missed another special day with her son.

Any way, I did not talk to Jennifer today at all. Saw her at church. Saw Sam, too. That doesn't mean anything. He will seldom talk to me at church. They were having his other grandparents over. Every other year they will have one set of grandparents over. Last year was my year, but nothing happened. It's ok. I am trying so hard to not let it bother me, but it does hurt.

I can't wait to go to bed. My tailbone really hurts! It just needs to stop it right now!

So, again, I wish you a very happy Mother's Day, and will talk to you tomorrow.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Happy Mother's Day!
    Taught Sunday School today and them met DS27 and his girlfriend at the 10:45 service. We came home and DD29 called to wish a Happy Mother's day and we talked a bit.
    DD27 and GF came with lunch and we had a real nice visit. He brought a Orchid and card for me.

The time I spent with Mom in MI has me wondering if she is capable of taking care of her doctoring by herself. She kept telling me she too much iron in her blood...dr diagnosis is Polycythemia Vera a blood cancer. She is taking a chemo drug and then without telling the doctor and got meds for a cold and took a med she had around for a previous kidney infection because she thought she had one. . . . I talked with my sister and she told my 3 brothers. We are going to try and make sure we go to doctor with her. This is easily said but hard to do as she is a very very independent woman and does not want us to interfere. I believe she doesn't want to "deal" with her medical issues and denies or conveniently "forgets" what she has been told. If it gets to bad I will go stay with her and let her grump at me for caring. Love her to much.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Oh dear where in the World am I going to find a place on the menu to add Bowtie Festival! It looks very good.

Dh is getting a good taste of what it's like taking care of DD. He largely ignores it but now that I'm not attending to her "needs" he is wearing thin. Not that he has much to do. Tonight he had nothing to fix for dinner. I got out of bed at 5:45, he was outside playing in the yard so I figured they had eaten. I made myself more sushi. He comes in wondering what was for supper. Hmmm, first it's Mother's Day so I should not be cooking and I'm recovering from surgery. Today I'm tired. lol DD supervised every move he made making her a sandwich. Mom does it this way, mom does this, mom cuts it like this. Good for him to get a good taste of what it's really like. The doctor said to rest for a week and I'm doing so. Dr's orders are back to work in 1 or 2 weeks. I don't think he'll last two weeks so I'll take one. I waited on him hand and foot when he had his surgery. I might suggest he cancel his golf Tuesday since I'm recovering. Ok, I won't be that mean but it's a few days away.

You can as a family ask to speak to the doctor about your concerns without your mom along. They might be willing to hear from the family before deciding on a treatment plan. Especially if they know what she says isn't always the problem. Hope this turns out ok. It's a delicate situation with her being so independent.

Miss JoDee likes this.
  12. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

DH and I had a great ride this morning. Breakfast was okay but not fantastic, of course I did only have a cinnamon roll so it's my fault for not ordering something more substantial but my stomach wasn't up to par. We waited about 45 minutes for a table. We stopped a couple times to take some pictures and then headed down to the Harley boutique. I was so stinkin hot from sitting in traffic and at lights by the time we got there, it felt great to take my jacket off. I got 3 shirts, two long sleeved white shirts and a short sleeved black shirt that zips up (DH picked it out). I also picked DH up a gremlin bell for the bike. We headed out and back to the college where I left the car so DH didn't have to bring me all the way back home and then go back down to work. I called my mom on the way home and chatted with her.

Eli met me outside when I pulled up and told me I had to close my eyes coming into the house. The kids made me lunch of scrambled eggs, bacon and toast. DD made a sign and hung it up and painted a canvas for me and hung it up. I found a card she made later hidden in my computer. Eli gave me a card this morning that he got from school. DS wanted to take me to a movie but i'm not really up to it today. I told him to give me a raincheck.

I played my game on the PS4 for a bit and now i'm getting ready to start homework. I really would rather nap as my head is still hurting. Oh well.

Hope you're all having great days!

PamelaG and Ahorsesoul like this.
  13. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Happy Mother's Day, everyone!

We went to our church for Sunday school since I teach a class. We went to Mama's church and went to church service with her. DD26, DSIL, DD22, and DNiece#1 were there, too. We went out to lunch afterwards. I came home and took a LONG nap. We're off tomorrow. I'm going to help DD26 replant some things in her garden. The hail storm took most of hers out about 3 weeks ago.

Lana, hope you get some sunshine. Hope everyone who needs it does!
    Mel, I was wondering how long it would take for you to get computer connection at the new house. Glad you're getting settled in and the yard is better than you thought.
    Diedra, it would do most every family member good to switch roles and see what the other does. I'm glad you're sticking to taking care of yourself. That's funny about Vanessa bossing DH.
    Faye, glad you got to have time with your family today.
    Lisa, glad you didn't have to jump up for church this morning, but went last night. Pizza ordered out for mother's day night sounds perfect. Is it 15 days now?
    Jess, did you feel okay after the bike ride?
    Jody, it's so hard making the decisions that have to be made to care for aging parents when they're independent. Hope you can figure things out after talking to your siblings.
    Pam, glad Jay surprised you with a visit. Hope you go to bed early to take care of your tailbone.
    Katrina, a house full for you tonight when you get off work. Hope work isn't too hectic.

Night, friends. Hope you rest well!

happy2bme and Ahorsesoul like this.
  14. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good afternoon.
    Sounds like you have all had wonderful Mother's day. It is nice when our kids surprise us and do something nice, I know that I appreciate it.

Nearly home time here last patient is in now and I should be finished by 6.15 or so. Home to a house full and a yummy dinner, DH is doing meatballs, pasta and garlic bread. I am hungry so am looking forward to it.
    Hopefully everyone heads off quite early as I would like a warm bath to try and warm up these cold toes of mine.

Have a great night all,

MrsSoup and Ahorsesoul like this.
  15. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Happy Mother's day to all!

Phoned mom at 8:00 this morning thenI vaccumed main floor, washed bathroom, emptied dishwasher, made muffins, did laundry, got the top on the swing , got some stuff put in the bathroom armoire, not organized quite as I would like it but I'll get there, went to mil's for a few for Mother's day, then went to neighbor's house and then stopped to chat with other neighbors.
    Went to the local snack bar where ds & ddil joined us, we orderd our supper and had it over at their house.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  16. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

went back to read posts I had missed and my post was still there but not posted?! weird

Ahorsesoul likes this.