Motivational Monday, November 19, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by missjane, Nov 19, 2018.

1. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Good Morning, MHH Friends!

2. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone!

Are all you US residents motivated for Thanksgiving this week? I went grocery shopping for my mom last night and will go Wednesday to help her cook. Today, I have cakes to bake for our Woman's Club annual fund raiser. Our local bank lets us sell them in their lobby on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. It funds our projects we do around the community and our scholarship we award annually. I'm making two fresh apple cakes and one German chocolate cake.

DH is gone to get his medicine refilled and to pick up a few paper goods we need for Thursday. DD21 is gone to hang out with a friend today. I finished getting all the serving dishes I took to DD's Saturday sorted and back into their proper places. I need to return a couple of crock pots to our church.

Then, just tidying in the house since so much was turned topsy-turvy getting ready to go to DD's for graduation. She said last night that it was strange to not have to be worrying about something related to classes at college!

Hope you all have a great day!

3. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

Missjane... I got up and cleaned my kitchen. It is ready for all that baking and cooking.

My teen is home from school all week. Luckily he works most days so he won't get bored.

I am determined to get a lot done today. The rest is pretty much just picking up every day clutter and giving somethings a little bit of a shine.

I am going to read over my recipes one more time and make sure I am "good". Having to modify recipes to be gluten free. Hoping everything tastes good.

4. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I need to get busy with the Thanksgiving shopping. I have one on Thursday and another on Sunday. We will do Christmas family photos on Sunday when everyone is here.

I have my banister in the living room to do still. I did LC1’s yesterday. Hers ended up being a candy cane theme. She is thrilled with it. For mine I picked up fabric at JoAnns. It was 20 yards long. We figured we should cut it into shorter lengths. Should not have done that. So today I’ll be sewing some of them back together. Live and learn.

I have DD working on her round loom making cowls. She is doing it her way. Last night she had part of a row in knots. I think she is trying to work fron the inside of the loom. Will be interesting.

Dh is off to Walmart for his dose of shopping. I’ll take Boots to the vet when he returns. The bumps on Boots elbow have not left and she is itchy.

Good luck on the coming week. Do something nice for your self.

5. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Jane- I sure hope you get a break at some point soon. You might work yourself right into an illness yourself.
    Carrie- I'm sure everything will taste wonderfully!
    Diedra- Good luck to Vanessa with the cowls! How are you doing fabric on the banister? Sounds interesting.

It was warm last night with no air but not too bad in our bedroom anyway. We put a small fan in the window and had our ceiling fan on. I was fine, I think DH was hot. I did wake up way more than I usually do. I sure hope they are able to come out today and look at it though, and maybe fix it. The things we take for granted!

I have my first biofeedback for my bladder this morning. Really not sure what that entails but i'm not looking forward to it. I would much rather stay home and study and start working on putting up my Christmas decorations since DH got them down for me last night. I feel like there's still so much studying I want to get through but no time. I'll take my preassessment this afternoon and see how I do. Yikes! :eek:

I will make pies and rolls and PW's mashed potatoes on Wednesday. DS has drivers ed tonight and then is done tomorrow night. I need to get his log notarized today so he can take it in tonight. Then once the class is over and he has his certificate, he is free to go try for his license. We have an appointment for December 3rd, but he's trying to get me to take him for a walk-in sooner.

Enjoy your day!

6. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I do the same thing with my recipes. My biggest problem is making sure Dh checks items for “gluten free”. He forgets to check some meats. if I ask for something by brand name and there isn’t any he’ll buy a different brand which 90% of the time isn’t gluten free.

cmerth likes this.
  7. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Hello, Everyone!

Tomorrow is the big day! The twins turn FIFTY! The weather was about the same...gray and cloudy! And cold! I cannot believe they are gonna be that old! I cried the whole day before I turned 50!

I am trying to get a bolster pillow made for Jenn. It is in the red and black buffalo plaid. I am having nothing but trouble with it! I made one before several years ago, so it isn't like I have never done it before. Good grief! I just have to sew a button on one end, and I will be finished!

My tailbone is really hurting me. Got a call for jury duty, and I do not want to do it. It still hurts to sit, stand, or walk. I don't think the surgeon will give me a letter of excuse. I may ask my NP if she will write one for me.

Hope each of you has a great day! Jane, I am exhausted just from reading all that you have done and still have to do! I may have to take a nap!

8. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon! Seems I ran out of time to post here this weekend. Saturday was getting the Christmas boxes out of the attic and putting up the tree, making a big batch of meatballs and cooking a ham. Sunday was cutting up ham & freezing for Holiday sandwiches, putting up the rest of decorations (except nativity set and Christmas village which I did this morning). Sunday afternoon we went to a hockey game with dh's cousin and his wife but I felt poorly all the while with stomach problems :(
    This morning got up early, posted on my blog, did laundry, got the Christmas village & nativity set up, got Christmas boxes back in basement. Cleared out the guest room (where everything had been put while I decorated), vaccumed main floor.
    This afternoon I have some things to do in the kitchen.
    Been snowing big fat snowflakes all morning but slowly so not that much accumulation.

I got a picture of the Christmas tree on my blog (minus nativity that was not yet done underneath it).

Ok, now for my 2nd Christmas movie of the day while I work in the kitchen :) Have to menu plan too

9. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! It's sunny and hovering around 50* today. Supposed to be one of the coldest Thanksgivings ever when we finally get to Thursday.

Got rid of the two bags of clothing that had taken up residence in the back seat of my car and picked up some of the stuff we will need for Hanukkah. Treated myself to my favorite pizza and am now ready to fall asleep!

Found an old bag of groceries in the trunk that had been there since last week. Fortunately all I lost was a piece of Brie.

DH is coming home tomorrow and we leave Wednesday so I would like to finish up the wrapping and cooking I started and put it all away. Then I just have to throw clothes in a bag for the trip. I'd also like to start a new knitting project.

Jane - Now is the time for you to take some time for yourself and relax!
    Jess - now that DS will be driving will he be saving up for a car?
    Lucie - you're putting your day off to good use
    Pam - in NY you can automatically be excused from jury duty if you are over a certain age ( we are over it:)) Perhaps that is tru where you are
    Diedra - I'd love to see some pictures of the turducken or whatever with the ham tucked inside.

10. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning my friends.
    Once again a chilly start but the days are warming up to be quite nice.
    Work again and then home. I am getting really lazy when I get home lately, maybe because I am winding down with the end of the year. My days at home are super busy so I don't mind so much if I get nothing done at night,

Better head off.

11. luludou

I've done dishes, made overnight oats, baked muffins, made american stir-fry, prepped lunch for tomorrow and made 30 mini pizzas on english muffins. Kept 6 for supper, the rest are frozen. Have pinned the pockets on the reading wrap too. trying to put the ebooks on hard drive.

GrammaDeb likes this.
  12. MrsSoup

We already purchased him an island beater when one of DH's Soldiers left the island several months ago when DH was working at Brigade. It was $500 so too good of a deal to pass up. DS has been slowly paying us back for the vehicle and once he pays it off we will transfer it to him legally. He's paid down $100 so far by doing chores and through working at the Commissary. Still a long way to go though. hahaha It definitely needs some work but is safe enough for him to drive.

13. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

Maintenance came this morning around 9 a.m. to look at the air conditioner. He was able to fix it quickly thankfully. It was just the capacitor. He said they go out and it's an easy fix and these houses are getting about to that age where they need replaced, no biggie. He was here and gone within about 20 minutes, which was great because I had to leave for my appointment at 9:30. The house is nice and cool now!

My PT for my bladder was interesting. I won't give you all the details but I have to go every two weeks. I was probed this time and had to do kegels that were recorded for a baseline, among other things. Not sure if i'll have to do that every time or not. I have 6 sessions set up but she said we may only need 4. I went to Target afterwards and did some Christmas shopping!! Yay! I got DS's form notarized as well. I also got a call that one pair of Eli's glasses are in so once he gets home we'll run and pick those up and then i'll come home and take my practice preassessment and see how that goes.

I need a nap!

14. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Attached Files:

15. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Lucie, you are always so incredibly busy, you amaze me.
    Jess, that was a good buy on the car. Glad that the aircon is fixed.

Getting really sleepy here, still have ages to go until the end of the day. One of my co workers was just saying that she is tired too, maybe it is the weather.
    Looking forward to getting home tonight,

16. luludou

Turdunken looks very good!

Ahorsesoul likes this.