Move It Monday, June 10, 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by missjane, Jun 10, 2019.

1. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hello, friends in MHH World!

2. missjane

Good morning, everyone!

My main goal today is to move things to the storage shed that I've pulled out to use for various reasons. I need to plant a couple of plants before the die.

Katrina, take care. Hope you feel better soon.

Hope you all have a great day.

3. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Hello!

Work today! With the week-end nothing done here but running to my sisters for 3 days. Sat. I did do dishes and a load of clothes. Turned out to be a nice time.

Mom will come out and watch Teigan here while Allen goes and gets Aunt Imogene and takes her to a doctors appt. at 10:30. Jaymee gets off at 12:30.

Kim has poison ivy really bad and we found it so Allen is hoping to go spray it at some point this week.

Have a GREAT day everybody!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. missjane

Hello, again.

I've done two loads of clothes, cleaned two shelves in the pantry and planted the plants. Next is unloading and reloading the dishwasher. Using it a lot more since we're at home all the time. I planned for Tuesday and Thursday to be laundry days, but had to do a couple of loads to get caught up.

Lana, maybe you can find a routine to settle into and start getting some things done at your house since Jaymee has moved and the house seems to be shaping up as it should. Does Aunt Im have children...just curious?

Have been thinking of Robin...does she post on any other threads? Haven't checked.

Hope you are all getting some things done you've been putting off.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning . did some housework and wash some clothes. have daughters dogs to take out. grandson and i are going to dairy queen for lunch. have agood day

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning,

It's been a busy weekend at our house. We went to The Container Store - oh my goodness, I was in heaven - to order closet organization for the master bedroom and guest room closets. It should be here by the end of the week, and unless our delivery date changes, before the household goods arrive. I also picked up a cord management box for the TV cord and all the component cords - the surge protector fits right inside along with all the plugs and then there is an opening for the cords to come out from and we have a flexible tubing set-up to go around the cords so it looks like just one thick cord instead of the usual cord chaos you find wherever there are multiple components. Stopped by Pottery Barn to pick up a holiday mug I ordered on sale only to find when I got home that it is chipped. I only paid $3 for it, Vic thinks he might be able to do some repair work. It won't be used for drinking, just for a Christmas display on my three-tier stand.

Vic ripped out all the shelving and rods in both closets in preparation for the new system. There was a lot of damage to the walls so he did some patching, and then sprayed a texture spray so that everything matches, and now he has painting on his agenda today. We made NUMEROUS trips to Lowe's - LOL - and came home with a new grill on one of them which Vic put together yesterday. He bought everything he needs, I hope, to fix the washer connections so they are flush with the wall and not sticking out causing the washer and dryer to take up almost a foot more than they should. I think that's probably tomorrow's project while he waits for the paint in the closets to dry.

Vic's truck is expected today so he's happy about that and the final piece of our sectional couch is also scheduled for delivery today. Fingers crossed there are no snafus with that.

I put up a new thread on the Christmas in July board for resources - the Hallmark Movies and Mysteries schedule is out in case anyone is interested.

Does anyone use the Ibotta app - there are lists of things by store (military commissary, Wal Mart, Target, Whole Foods, Safeway, there is a LONG list of stores) that qualify for cash back - you buy things, take a photo of your receipt, and the money is deposited into your Ibotta account. Once you get to $20 or $25, you can have the cash transferred to your bank account. In addition to that feature, they also have cash back when you shop at certain stores using the app. It's so easy. I loaded my credit card onto the app and when the cashier gave me the total at Lowe's, I put it into the app, it charged my credit card, converted the purchase into a gift card which the cashier then scanned and the transaction was done, with 3% going into my Ibotta account. If you're not using it and would like to, let me know because I think I can send you a link that puts you on my team and then we each get $5 or is it $10 for signing up, and then I think there are incentives for teams when you make purchases. My friend who introduced me to the app never goes to a store without using it - she's racked up over $1000 in cash back - she's really the Ibotta guru! There is almost always an Any Item offer for 10 cents so imagine, every time you went to the store, you got 10 cents. Doesn't sound like a lot but how many times do you go to the store in a year?

Have a great day everyone!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon! really nice outside and that's where I'm going as soon as I finish posting here. I posted on my blog this morning too.
    Errands and housechores that needed doing this morning are done as well as the food prep I needed to do.

Out I go!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I got up early and showered and then as soon as DH left for PT, I headed out to Walmart. I stopped at Starbucks on my way. I was looking for a special lei but they didn't have what I was looking for. I grabbed Father's Day cards and a birthday card and the items I needed for my CIJ ornaments. I was back home before anyone knew I had even left. :)

Today marks 20 years of DH being in the Army. The kids and I will sneak over to the motorpool for 0900. I will wake them up soon so they can eat and be ready to go. I'm hoping DH leaves around 0830 so we don't have to lie about where we're going. I put an event in the calendar (shared calendar on the phone) so I wouldn't forget and he said something about it last night and I just played it off. :eek: The Commander is getting a cake and invited people that he knows DH likes from the Brigade and such. He will be super surprised.

I put DS's sheets and the mattress cover in the washer on sanitize this morning and the blankets will follow. I may have to take the curtains down and wash them too. I will flip the mattress and do the baking soda trick that Jane suggested before I remake the bed. Next comes getting out all the trash and dusting, clearing the floor and doing the baking soda on the carpet and hopefully it will smell better. The walls need scrubbed as well. :mad: Boys are nasty.

Jane- Good luck with moving everything!
    Lana- Poison ivy is the devil. haha When I was young I was so allergic that if I got it in one spot it would be all over me in a day. It was horrible. I hope it goes away quickly for her.
    Faye- DQ sounds fantastic! Enjoy!
    Pamela- I have never been inside a Container Store. Probably a good thing. haha Sorry about the mug. Sending good thoughts for no snafus!
    Lucie- Enjoy your outside time!
    Katrina- Feel better friend!

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul and PamelaG like this.
  9. missjane

Decluttering is going slowly because I am not in the mood to do it. I have, however, made hotel reservations for our vacation in August. After DSIL gets off work on the Tuesday we're leaving, we'll drive a little over half way to Jacksonville. On Wednesday, we'll drive the rest of the way and board the ship on Thursday. I almost never found a hotel for Tuesday. Many are sold out...I suppose people traveling to go to the beaches.

My ex-DBIL is being discharged from the hospital today, so he didn't have to be transferred to the VA hospital. He lives in a travel trailer in my Dsis's yard, so it will be easy for her to check on him. Hopefully, they can both get some rest and have time to adjust to DN'S death. I'm so thankful DBIL survived the surgery. I don't know if the family could have survived his death so near that happening.

I'm off to slug through the bog of decluttering.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Congratulations to your DH on that 20 year milestone! How are things going with the retiring vs. staying in a little longer plan? Vic goes back and forth - "I think I'll stay until 30" (it must have been a good day at work) or "I'm getting out as soon as I have fulfilled my obligation" (obviously not such a good day at work)!;)

And thanks for the good thoughts but I'm afraid we are still remaining section-less. I actually believe they tried to redeliver the damaged piece from last time. Grrr, I'll be having words with customer care - what a joke that title is, do they really care? I think NOT.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Feeling a little better this morning so off to work I go. An easy week as I only have to work today so I am sure that all will be OK. Will get home and have dinner and hop straight back into bed, I really think that rest is the best medicine now.
    I so love reading about your days and what you get up to.

Jess, Boys....ick.
    Pamela, agreed, where is customer service now a days?
    Jane, I need to be in the mood to declutter and when I am watch out!
    Lucie, sitting outside is one of my favourite things to do when it is nice,
    Hi Lana and Faye, hope you have great days.

Better head off, it is raining so will take longer to get to work.
    Much love,

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. MrsSoup

He goes back and forth, same with the good day at work/bad day at work for us. He will stay in for now for sure I think until we leave here in 2 years (?) granted the extension paperwork is accepted if he ever gets it done and turned in. We'll see what happens with the Sergeant Major board at the end of this year as well. If he gets picked up he'll have to make a decision at that point on whether to accept or not and that will be the decision in itself. I just can't believe it with the sectional piece!!

DH was thoroughly surprised this morning, so the Commander pulled it off! I put pictures on FB. We came home and my friend called to see if I wanted to go down to Lowe's with her and the 2 year old. I said sure and off we went. I didn't get anything but a water. I came home and switched out laundry, folded sheets and now am browsing. DD wants to go to the pool but I need to do schoolwork. She was complaining but I told her that some days I have to work and that's just the way it is. I think her and friend could probably go to the pool by themselves but i'm not 100% on that. I think you have to be 13, friend is DD isn't yet. Hmm. Might be worth calling and asking I guess. I better get to work!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Good afternoon. I haven't been on for a week. Sorry.

Life just goes on here. Dgs had his first "real" swim competition this weekend. He did very well, coming in with a first in butterfly, a second in backstroke, and a dead last in freestyle. Missed the wall on his flip turn. I guess it happens.

Dd, dh, and I started the Keto diet on Friday. Yesterday I wanted to pour syrup all over my sausages & eggs - took a shower instead. Today I'm just mean, tired and have a headache. Hopefully my body stops fighting soon.

I want to catch up on posts. Have a nice evening.

luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  14. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Evening all MHHers

Had a busy day but not sure what kept me busy beside laundry. And that involves lot of free in-between time. lol This afternoon I received my call from Ancestry. They will be researching my DNA father for me. Cost an arm and leg but should be fun to find out. I think it's one of my uncle's cousins or brothers. Ancestry said the same people that make the show "Who do you Think you Are" will be doing the research. So it should be a piece of cake for them. Gave me a time frame of 5 hours to 6 months. lol I'm in no hurry.

Dh did the shopping today. He went to Sam's club and several other stores. Was gone a long time so I think I'm not suppose to think he was also looking at a new vehicle. Told him the other day he was not buying a car. But he said something about what the payments would be. So it's a dead give away that he's actively looking. Seems I might need to do some heavy shopping in the near future if he buys a car I'll be buying something with the same price tag. lol

DD had a good day. She was working on her coaster looming. She sat outside with Boots for awhile and then napped for about 2 hours. We did go for a ride to the bank this afternoon. She wanted to go to the bakery but they are not open on Monday. Good thing because neither of us need donuts.

Dinner was really good. I do not like Hot Dogs but Grilled Cheese Hot Dogs are very good. I only ate half of mine.
    https://thebakermama.com/recipes/grilled-cheese-hot-dogs/

Enjoy the evening.

15. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Diedra, ... that is really interesting. keep us updated about your DNA dad.

I did some ICAD, knitted and read. It was really nice but it's getting cold now. Rain and cold in the forecast for tomorrow.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  16. MrsSoup

Those do look good Diedra!
    Deb- Congrats to DGS!
    Hi Lucie!

I was doing homework and fell asleep. haha I have gotten some done though, but not enough. I have been washing DS's bedding all day. The sanitize cycle takes forever. I think i'm going to take a break from working and make a cup of coffee, head upstairs and do some work on DS's room. I'm not getting much productive work done on school anyway when I keep falling asleep or skimming over my reading, not comprehending anything or remembering it.

Ahorsesoul likes this.