Move It Monday November 5th, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Hello!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

I hope the title stays with me through the day!

New computer should come today. Am hoping this week to finish my bedroom (so tired of getting ahead on it and other stuff comes up) in the evenings after other activities. Then this weekend would like to get all gifts out and see where I am at and also get the shoeboxes ready to take for dropoff the week of Thanksgiving. Tis is my plan and I know how they go!!!! :(

I hope all are feeling better.

I packed my lunch last night when picking up supper and doing dishes so that is done. Think I will leave alittle early and go to Dollar General.

Have a GREAT day everybody.

Co-worker is off today for bday so just 2 of us.

3. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

I will be moving it today too! I have lots of discovery as I sort through the many boxes from the attic. I hope to make it the majority of the boxes. One thing I know there is a lot of shredding to be done. I was hoping to have DH's help but he is concerned about the blanket of leaves on the lawn.

We have an appoint with our financial advisor this afternoon, just to make sure all is in order and to get a couple of answers.

Well, must clean up the dishes then on to sorting.

Have a good day.

4. Puternut

Puternut Member

Yesterday got the tree out and in place today got to move on putting the finishing touches on it, then inside is complete, the rest of this month devoted to our outside.

luludou, PamelaG and Ahorsesoul like this.
  5. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, Everyone!

Well, I cannot get my license plate till Wednesday! What a rip! They are only are doing id's and licenses today and tomorrow! AND it is gonna cost me over $12 extra because THEY made the mistake.

Not much on my agenda today. Looking for my Christmas fabric to get started on Jennifer's table runner. Her b/d, as well as Jay's-lol, is two weeks from tomorrow.

The surgeon's office called this a.m. I have my follow up Nov. 15. Told her about my fall. She will call the implant peeps, see what they say.

The neighbor upstairs, Mr. Clompers, drives me nuts! Now he is pounding on something. Will he NEVER stop? The man is gonna drive me insane!

Just remember I have a very important errand to do. God, please give me strength! Later!

6. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning rain off and on but not really chilly out. will put out some more christmas decor today . have all my dishes out. any walking dead fans on here? ive been watching it for 9 years seeing so many characters leaving kinda sad have good day

7. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I woke up with the left side of my neck and head hurting again this morning. I'm hoping it won't stay. I might see if I can try my friend's Excedrin. I haven't tried that in years so i'm curious if maybe it will work for me again because Tylenol and Ibuprofen sure don't. I don't want to buy a bottle if it won't work for me. So tired of this migraine lingering around. I'm supposed to go to the chiropractor next week. I need to call anyway and let them know that I can't come in on Monday because the kids have their parade that day, maybe i'll see if I can come this week instead.

DD has PT this morning so i'll take her to school after. Then it's home to work on schoolwork for me. I need to make a meal plan and grocery list and get to the Commissary. DS's school has conferences this week so they are getting out early today and Wednesday at least. No school here tomorrow for election day. I really want to get Halloween completely packed away and back in the garage today. I'm tired of seeing it hanging around. It's all taken down, just needs to be put into the totes. However, I want to go through the totes and take out what I no longer use and try to combine them into one tote if possible, or at least better organize them.

Lana- I hope your new computer is in today and you love it!
    Jody- You should see if you have a recycle center that allows things to be dropped off for shredding, would save you a lot of time.
    Puternut- Wow, you're on top of it!
    Pam- That's ridiculous! Hope you find your fabric.
    Faye- If I asked my DH to get my decorations down he would flat out refuse. Haha

Enjoy your day!

8. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I am sure ready to haul out my Christmas tree. I am getting inspired by my MHH friends.

Monday is of course laundry day. I am putting the last of the Halloween items to bed. Thought I was done but had two shirts in the laundry basket. I am waiting for one item from Spirit Halloween for DD friend's gift. I'm hoping it will be here before I head over to her house later today.

I have vacuumed the kitchen and have 3 loads of clothes done. Next is towels. I'm think of pulling out the puzzle once I get a few more things done. Once the puzzle comes out DD and i will hardly remember to eat let alone do any work. lol

I'll send Dh to the store for the items I need to make ejagno's make a head gravy. I love it and it saves time on Thanksgiving. Take it out of the freezer, add a few ingredients, heat and serve.

Wishing all energy for the day.

9. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Last full week here so checking in might be a bit iffy as I try to get everything sorted and packed. As if things are not busy enough, now we have a leak under the bathtub in the upstairs bathroom. I was inventorying in the Christmas room when I kept hearing this tap, tap, tap noise. I thought it might be a creature of some sort so I moved the stack of totes I was working on and plop! a drop of water fell on the top lid. I looked up and water was dripping from a big bubble in the ceiling. It had been leaking for some time to stretch the paint into a bubble like that so I called maintenance and they came right out. The guy popped the bubble over a bucket, put in a giant fan to dry things out, and went upstairs to check out the access to the tub and sure enough, there was a crack in a pipe piece so he'll be back today to fix it.

It's Bonfire Night so I put up a quick blog post if you have not heard of it.

10. Doodlebug

Doodlebug Well-Known Member

Busy day this week. I will be judging the 4-H Food Fest tonight. I have swept the house and am doing laundry. Changing sheets in one of the extra bedrooms since my sister will be here Saturday. We will leave on Sunday and spend the night in Galveston, Texas so we can board the ship on Monday.
    Working on a list of Committee Chairs for the upcoming year. Need to get that list turned in to the County Office today. Today is a beautiful day. This morning it was cloudy and a few sprinkles but not we have bright blue skies with temps in upper 60's..
    Pam - my youngest son had that same implant in his back as you had done. It helps but he keeps having to turn it up. Hope yours is working great.
    Lana - isn't that the way it goes with lists and plans to get things done. Something always comes up to keep us from completing the list. Hope you get yours accomplished.
    Deidre - I love to work on puzzles. DH and I always had one set up at the Parsonage (we stayed there 1/2 of the week and here the other 1/2) as there wasn't a lot to do there.. Haven't worked on one since then.

I won't put my tree up until after Thanksgiving. I leave my decorations up until after the first weekend in January as that is when my extended family comes for Christmas.

11. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon!
    did yoga, posted on my blog, made overnight oaks for breakfasts this week, called mom, prepped work clothes & gym clothes for tomorrow, and been trying to knit . I know I am procrastinating because I'm at a place where I'm unsure with my knitting.
    I'm watching a Christmas movie (A Nutcracker Christmas) and trying to start my knitted socks. I've got tons of other things to do but it'll have to wait... important things first ! haha

12. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Woke up feeling OK, I am a bit cautious about eating this morning as I don't want to stir things up. Am hoping that I can get to work and stay there.
    Today is Melbourne Cup Day. I very famous horse race. Always runs the first Tuesday in November. Normally there are work luncheons and sweeps, some workplaces dress up in fancy clothes and hats. I am not too fussed and would rather just work through.

Not sure what will be on the agenda once I get home.
    Have a great day all.

13. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

Fww! I am finally get online here. I had a massive migraine yesterday afternoon. I am still feeling its affects today. I am not letting it stop me though. I dried two pans of apple slices in the oven this morning, did my regular housework and even found some time to read. I started chicken in the crockpot... oh, it smells wonderful.

I am starting a Thanksgiving countdown on my blog. Should be fun. Come over and say Hi.

Just found out Kiddo's high school football team make it to playoffs. His school is hosting the first game. Should be a wild game. We played this team last year in the playoffs so there is already a rivalry. Since the game is here in town, we are going to brave the crowd. Suppose to be almost 60 degrees that day so I won't freeze my back end off. So much for a lazy Saturday. :D I am hoping we will tailgate.

Kiddo just came home from school. He wants to re-arrange his room... again.

Lucie... knitting is always important. :p

luludou likes this.
  14. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! Ugly cloudy rainy day today. Probably tomorrow too.

Did my shopping at BJ's today and will go to the BX and Commissary tomorrow. Time to pick up some liquor gifts and see what prices are better than BJ's. It is also easier to get meat there since the packages are smaller.

DH and I have our Trusted Traveler/Global Entry interviews set up for Friday. Hope that goes well. He will be leaving for FL on Monday so I have to make a list of things to do while he is away. Also plans to see some friends and catch up on movies that he does not want to see. Time alone can be a good thing.

Katrina - sounds like Kentucky Derby day in the US with the fancy hats and such - since it is always on a Saturday many people make a party out of it
    Carrie - a tailgate sounds like fun
    Jess - hope you are feeling better - how is DD's foot?
    Deb - what fun to be a judge!
    Diedra - I haven't done a puzzle in a while but have seen some neat ones at B & N
    Pamela - hope the leak gets fixed and all your errands are done so you can leave on time
    Faye - your house will look lovely with all the Christmas stuff up
    Lucie - I must try knitting socks again!
    Jody - enjoy more discovery
    Puternut - good to see you again
    Pam - can you talk to anyone about Mr. Clompers?
    Lana - enjoy the new computer

15. MrsSoup

Hi again!

DD had her PT this morning. She had seen in DD's record about the ACC visit so asked about that. She thought that maybe the walking around on Halloween the night before had stirred something up and prompted the weird sudden pain episode the following day on the way home from school. Who knows. We don't have another scheduled appointment and will wait to see what happens with the MRI and Ortho appointment. DD's foot is still the same, pain most days in the 5-6 pain range off and on throughout the day.

I came home and intended on working on schoolwork and have been watching The Haunting of Hill House on Netflix instead. I just started episode 9 and have turned it off to start working. Oops! I folded a load of clothes and turned it on to watch while I was doing that and then just couldn't stop watching. haha

I better get to work, might make myself a cup of coffee.

16. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Glad our members are starting to feel better.
    Got a sheet pan of veggies in the oven cooking, wrapped more stocking stuffers and did dishes. Knitting but having a hard time tying my 3 dpneedles together, arrrggg.

17. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

I too am glad to see that most of us are feeling better.
    I am doing OK, have had some cauliflower soup for lunch and am hoping to have a quiet afternoon.

Hope that you are all getting ready for a good nights sleep.

18. MrsSoup

I got all the Halloween packed up and ready for the garage. I was not able to pare it down but did manage to get most of the decor into one tote and costumes into the other. I hurt my back pulling staples out of the window frame to get the lights down in the front window. That's all it took when it's been feeling good for so long. Ugh! Hot bath and ibuprofen here I come! I ordered pizza for dinner and it's out for delivery. I finished up my schoolwork and am now caught up. One unit left and then my preassessment, assessment and then my performance assessment. This class has an objective and a performance assessment. I have to watch 10 videos and write a certain type of paper about them. So, not quite done yet but almost.