Moving Along Monday September 10th, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!

Can you believe that the end of this week is the middle of another month!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Tonight Teigan will play soccer. They play 4 15 minute games or whatever. Starts at 5:30 and is at Nashville. I work at Nashville (99% of time) and off at 5 so will just go into town to the middle school. The branch I work out is outside of town between town and interstate. Don't know if with all the rain it will be to wet for them or not.

I have left over pizza to take to work with veggie chips.

Not much else happening so better do a few things before leaving.

Tonight will make the ham sliders for supper tomorrow night. Don't know what tonight will be.

Have a GREAT day!

3. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! Raining and chilly. Rained on and off most of yesterday and are expecting the same for today. A good day to stay in.

Rosh Hashannah dinner went well last night. We were 12 and it was a congenial group. Lots of laughter and story telling. Food was good and not too many leftovers. Just have to make some more matzoh balls for the soup tonight.

Buffy has been coughing and spitting up so a trip to the vet is due. She's either swallowed something and is trying to get rid of it or she has kennel cough. We will find out soon enough.

Lana - wow! Teigan old enough for soccer!
    Lisa - hope school is cancelled and you can stay safely at home
    Jess - hope Olivia is bypassing you

AuntJamelle likes this.
  4. AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle Well-Known Member

Lana - Ham sliders sound yummy! Good luck on figuring out dinner tonight! :)
    Debbie - Glad your dinner went well - sounds like you had a nice large group!!! Got to love it when all the food gets cleared out - it's a good feeling!

Cool and drizzling rain here today - I have a dr appt later this afternoon. Tonight I need to unload dishwasher, do dishes and continue working on HGP tasks. It shouldn't take me long to clean downstairs bathroom so hoping to do that tonight!

5. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning! 4C during the night.. a bit cold! I have a mile-long to-do list and I might try to go see knitting lady so that's part of the afternoon. I need to call and see if she can see me.
    I woke up at 6:00 and went back to sleep until 7:45! wow I think I needed my sleep. Yoga is done. Lots on my mind.
    Lisa - stay safe.
    We shouldl have the rain during the night and tomorrow.

Later

6. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning,

It's all about Hurricane Florence here in southeastern Virginia. We're just watching the weather alerts and making plans. Been there, done that, typhoons in Saipan and hurricanes in Florida so I'm prepared.

The bigger news is the change in our plans - Plan G, H, or was it I at last update, had us buying a house in Washington, packing up our household goods here in Virginia, driving across the country, me setting up house in our new home, and Vic flying off to Okinawa.

The Navy, God bless them, have now moved his orders to next year - summer most likely but could be fall - so there will be no house-buying and no household goods moving. There will, however, still be a cross-country drive since I've been offered a job in Washington and it's too good to turn down. So, Vic and I will drive to Washington with whatever will fit in the car, buy the bare essentials for the apartment I am renting there, and then he will return to Virginia to live in our same house with all of our household goods until the Navy tells him when he is leaving for Okinawa and we'll start the current plan all over again - house-buying, packing up, etc.

Never have I needed the Navy wife motto, Semper Gumby, Always Flexible - more than now!

7. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hi everyone.

Buffy has a cold - and as DH says it only cost $270 to find that out since he thought she had swallowed something and they took an x-ray. She has some meds and is sleeping.

Pamela - stay safe during Florence! Tell all about the new job.
    Lucie - temperatures are getting fall-like
    AJ - have a good doctor appointment

8. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I'm heading to Zumba this morning but may run to the Commissary first for more milk and bread. I should have bought two gallons when I went over the weekend and just didn't. Of course with 5 kids in the house who wanted chocolate milk with muffins yesterday...I feel like I should get more just in case. There was something else I felt like I needed too that I didn't pick up but now I can't remember what it was.

Nothing else scheduled for the rest of the day except to take the preassessment that's in my coursework for my class and see how I do on that and determine if i'm ready for the actual preassessment. I may go back through all the worksheets again but they don't really cover everything. I might have to go back through each section of homework instead. That will take a while.

I need to start getting everything inside or tied down today as well.

Lana- Good luck to Teigan!
    Debbie- Poor Buffy, glad she is okay!
    AJ- Busy as usual! :)
    Hi Lucie!
    Pamela- Wow, that is a change! On a positive note, aside from the excellent job offer, you will be there to find the perfect house so house hunting will be easier. And you will be close to Sophia!

Enjoy your day!

PamelaG likes this.
  9. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Yes, those are the pluses!

teachermomof2 likes this.
  10. luludou

PamelaG, that is a MAJOR change of plans. Hope all goes well with the new plans.

I posted on my blog, washed basement bathroom, got my emails sorted out, phoned knitting lady who is unavailable today so will go next week. I need to do dishes, continue picking up everywhere, get another construction permit for fence, check out insurance deposit to see if it corresponds to what was sent in, and sweep, and craft. Last week central vaccum stopped working and smelled of fire. Now it won't start at all, guess that's another thing to buy :( never-ending... I was thinking of a Dyson but they cost as much as central and don't know anyone who has a Dyson so don't know if they are good or not. dh wants a central.

Later

11. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good afternoon, dear friends.

Had Bible study this morning. We are almost finished with The Story. In the last chapter of Revelation. We have spent about two years on it. I like that we take time to delve into the word of God. We really like taking our time. We have a great teacher.

It is still raining here. Mostly just a drizzle. Nothing too har. It has been cool here. I wore jeans and a long sleeved swhirt today, and could have taken a sweater or light jacket. Higher temps as the week progresses. So my friends on the east coast, be prepared. Praying the Hurricane Florence will do no damage. Stay safe, now.

Guess I will go find something for lunch. I am starving! Lol. TTYL

12. MrsSoup

I ran to the Commissary and picked up the last few things we needed. We are ready for our storm to come here on the island. They are saying tomorrow afternoon/night we should start feeling the effects and into Wednesday. No talk about closing schools or anything as of now. I don't think they'll jump the gun this time because last time they did and nothing happened. I think if anything maybe a closure on Wednesday after things start Tuesday night, depending on how bad it gets here on our island, but we'll see.

I'm heading off to Zumba. I think i'll wait until tomorrow to move things inside. We'll just stick all the front porch stuff inside the utility closet instead of the garage and the backyard is still prepped mostly. We'll just tie down the big planter box this time instead of moving it.

Pam- Enjoy those temps!

13. luludou

Finshed the felt cones! dishwasher is emptied, sweeping is done on main floor, lunch & gym clothes prepped for tomorrow, dishes are done, insurance has been delt with. Will have to do construction permit demand on line with dh next to me... too many things I can't answer.
    Been a good day with lots accomplished.

14. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

what a day- what was suppose to take 3 hours to have carpet in at my daughters house took almost 7 hours. it could have been handled better not so may smoke breaks coffee runs 2 hour lunch. that was my day. im getting ready to order pizza now. have agood night

15. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning friends.
    Slept like a log last night, asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. Must have been tired.
    Work today, nothing interesting on the agenda. Just a few more weeks and I will have some time off so looking forward to that.

Nothing planned for when I get home, just a quick bath and bed.
    DS is traveling interstate today to visit a friend and will be gone until next Tuesday so the house will be quiet for the week. Will try and deep clean his loungeroom while he is away.

Pamela, WOW that is a change of plans.
    Lana, hope Miss T enjoys soccer.

Must head off, hoping that you are all safe from the incoming storms.

16. Cathymac2

Cathymac2 Active Member

Hi everyone! I have been so stinking busy that I have neglected this site. I'm sorry. I think of ya'll often but as I said, I've been really busy.
    I hope everyone stays safe in the storms. I do love a good storm, but only if I feel relatively safe!
    I'm a little behind on the HGP but it's been too hot and then too rainy for the porches anyway. I did get my living room done and I'm still working on my lists, etc. Mostly I've been working!
    I was planning to go to Bible Study tonight but honestly, I feel so tired I think I need an early night. I don't think I'll go and I think I'll opt out for this particular study. I am already at church on Sunday and Wednesday nights and work Tuesday and Thursdays. I need a night to rest. I feel Jesus understands.
    See ya'll later..hopefully tomorrow!!

17. MrsSoup

I hope all of our southern East coast friends are prepping! I have some friends in VA that have said that stores are already running out of items. I am definitely worried about our Carolina friends that are still there where Florence is supposed to make landfall as a Category 4 potentially later this week. They are already evacuating the entire coast and reversing highway lanes to make evacuation easier.

Here it doesn't seem like anyone is really taking Olivia seriously. I think after Lane when nothing happened they are being lax, but Olivia has nowhere to go but through our islands so the state and national weather center are urging residents to prepare. But it sure doesn't seem like anyone is. Definitely not like last time anyway. Oh well, all I can worry about is us and we are good. It will be a tropical storm by the time it arrives, however the winds will still be strong and flooding will still happen. We get flooding with regular heavy rain.

DH went back to work from lunch and I dozed on the couch. Now i'm having a cup of coffee and a brownie to wake up. Once I get Eli from the bus i'll start work on my schoolwork.

18. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Soccer was cancelled due to the wetness. Got home ate and then mom and I went to the school with Teigan on the toys. On the slide she hit each cheek at different times so I hope it doesn't bruise. Came home and Jaymee and her kicked the soccer ball around.

Really nice out. Would love to have windows opened all night but would be chilly.

19. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Evening, everyone.

In a way, I'm thankful for the fast passing of time. I ready to get this last year of teaching finished. I feel a little guilty for feeling that way, but...

I got up this morning, cleaned out the refrigerator, finished loading the dishwasher, and washed the hand washable dishes. Turned it on to run before I left. I'm debating about running a load of towels. I made an angel food cake from a mix when I got home and made a fruit sauce to go with it. I made Manwich for supper. DH likes it...me, not so much. I worked in the yard a little and got my plants transplanted into the larger pots. I came in and bathed...mosquitoes ate me up! By then, DH was home, so we ate.

I have papers I need to grade. After this year...no more grading papers! :D I'm taking off Wednesday to go take care of some college stuff with DD21. Then, Friday, I have a workshop, so a three day week for me.

I was watching Hurricane 360 last night and they were showing the devastation that Katrina brought to both the Mississippi Gulf coast and to Louisiana (New Orleans). I hope it prompts some of those in the East coast to heed the warnings ahead of Florence if they were watching it. The prospects of the storm surge really scare me. Then, the preparation for the aftermath has to be considered, too.

Lucie, when I was vacuum shopping, I read in Consumer Reports that Shark perform as well as Dyson and come with a much lower price tag.
    Lana, it's so hard to believe Teigan is old enough to start playing soccer! If all the games are there, that will be convenient!
    Pamela, bless your heart. It's definitely necessary to be able to roll with the flow. Stay safe. There's supposed to be a lot of inland flooding.
    Jess, Olivia will come right over you, it looks like. Hope you don't flood too badly.
    Lisa, did they end up cancelling school today?
    Cathy, Jesus definitely understands. We're the same way...church Sunday morning and night, and Wednesday nights. Ballgames two nights a week. Seems we're never home. I get the being too busy to stay caught up here.
    Katrina, I hope the next few weeks pass quickly for you. You deserve some time off after having to work extra between training and replacing CWs.
    HW2, we have construction workers at school that I can see from my classroom. It seems they spend more time on the phone and taking smoke breaks than working. I think cell phones cost employers a lot of time on the clock! Sorry it took up more of your day than you planned.
    Pam, the Bible study sounds good. Since I'm not teaching a class on Sunday nights, I now have to decide what class I'll go to on Sunday nights.
    Debbie, take care of Buffy. Vets are so expensive!
    AJ, cool temps sound good. We were cooler today and supposed to be so tomorrow, too, but right back up to 90 after that. :(

Rest well, everyone...off to grade papers.

20. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

No cancellation or delays in my district....just detours galore! The river rose 12 feet since Saturday evening. Crazy! It should crest sometime tonight and recede. The hurriicane is slated to hit us after it makes landfall, so that should keep life interesting.

School was tough.

First night of dance on the books!

That's about it here. I'm in bed with some nighttime oils in the diffuser, hoping for a restful night.

Peace....