Muggy Monday 8.6.2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by angelpugs, Aug 6, 2018.

1. angelpugs

angelpugs Active Member

Good morning everyone hope your Monday starts off well,as it's very muggy,humid here going to feel like 100 or so here today.We've survived another month of summer and the rains which caused flooding here thank goodness i'm up on dry land,it has been awful for many here.Been very busy as i'm redoing a few things in my home and getting things ready for my fall baking as i have received orders already and still working away on all my repurpose crafting.Hope everyone has a good week ahead,glad to be back.Take Care.

luludou likes this.
  2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Morning To All!

Glad to see you posting Angelpugs.

Jane, sounds like a very active house!

I am ready to start working some more in the bedroom here. Teig P will be home before long probably. Can't wait to see her with Lola.

It will be HOT and HUMID here too---yucky!

Since I am off today instead of Thursday my next day off won't be until the 18th--okay the 17th I took a vacation day but regular day off the 18th. Always so long when a Monday off. Then I will be off for 4 days.

I have a load of wash in so better keep moving.

Have a GREAT day everybody!

3. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

I will be working the closing shift today. That is if we are open. It is raining here now. We will have our staff picnic tonight. (If open closing shift will end at 9:30pm. I ask for the closing shift so I can work for one of the staff members so they can attend the picnic. I have to go shopping before work for work so will leave here around 10:30.
    I made scones yesterday and dipped cake pops this morning for DD29's bridal shower. I won't be well attended as many family members have family reunions on Sat. My family reunion is Sunday. It is what it is.

Make it a great day for yourself

4. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning all MHHers

High humid here. Our doors were dripping with water when the heavy fog rolled in. Now it has cleared off. First time I can remember heavy fog coming in mid-morning instead of during the night.

DD is still in bed. She was to work on LC1 garage today but she doesn't want to so I think she is staying in bed until after the time we had put down (10). I just moved the chore to tomorrow. Will be interesting to see how she does tomorrow. DD wants to see a brain injury doctor since she isn't "fixed" yet. She is feeling rather down right now.

Nothing on my list but laundry. I have two loads done and put away. My bed made. I am doing an extra load of dog towels (Boots sheets for her bed, lol). Boots goes to the groomer tomorrow so I think I'll wash her bed if it's nice tomorrow. It needs to dry outside and then go in the dryer. Should probably wash Twillows bed too.

I asked LC1 to make the Browned Butter Salted Caramel Mocha Cookies that AuntJamelle posted here:

http://magicalholidayhome.com/forum/threads/candy-cookie-dessert-recipes.6868/page-7

Do Something special for someone day.

5. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning! did not sleep well but managed to sleep ok between 5:30 and 7:15. have finished vaccum on 1st floor (did half last night), and finished dusting on main floor (half done last night), trying to call insurance but it's their 1st day open after vacations and always busy. have called knitting lady will go at 1:00 to do heels. posted on my blog, did yoga. need to go mop kitchen, kitchenette & bathroom floor before lunch.

Later

6. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning!

It's muggy here too! 83* and real feel of 88* and it is early yet. Not much planned today, just the usual .....laundry, general chores. I need to do my planner. I'm hoping to cover my office chair from school, too. We went boating yesterday, so I just started the laundry from that....towels and suits. It was the first hot and sunny day in awhile, so the lake was super busy.

I didn't sleep well last night either. I fell asleep early, but then woke up several times during the night.

Hope you all have a magnificent Monday! Don't forget to visit the Monday Meal thread in Kitchen Chatter!
    ~peace and blessings~

7. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! I'm in Grand Island NY which is near Niagara Falls. It is hot and sunny and humid. The worst of the best of summer.

This is where our caravan will begin, officially tomorrow so last minute stuff to take care of. I shouldn't have decided to cook stuff but I did. At least the AC in the camper is holding out. Ordered rolls at Wegman's and will order "official" Buffalo wings from the Anchor Bar later. I have someone detailed to pick them p tomorrow.

Now just waiting for people to roll in - will pay a few bills and maybe do another few e-mails or poke around Pinterest.

teachermomof2 likes this.
  8. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Today was the first day of school for DD and Eli. 7th grade and 4th grade. I think my friend is a little upset with me because we didn't wait in the parking lot for them to arrive. It was a madhouse like I told them it would be. I told her yesterday we were leaving between 7:10-7:15. We left about 7:12. She texted at 7:17 and said they had just left their driveway. We were already at the first stoplight from our house. They were 5 minutes behind us and with traffic that could end up being more. We got to school and were lucky to find a parking space right off the bat. We parked and DD didn't want to wait. I wasn't going to tell her she had to when I didn't know how far behind they were going to be. She has other friends that she hasn't seen all summer that she wanted to find and I couldn't blame her for that. They meet by the band room at the front of the school, easy enough to find for friends daughter so we let her go and went about our business of walking Eli to the very back of the school. Friend called and I told her that DD had already gone and where her daughter could find her and we were walking Eli. She seemed a little put out by it but such is life I guess. They'll figure it out i'm sure.

I have my chiropractor appointment at 10 and I think DH is going to take me on the bike and then we'll go for a ride. Hopefully the rain stays away but i'm not sure. I'll meet Eli at the bus stop this afternoon, he'll ride the bus for the first time and then continue the rest of the year. DS's first day is tomorrow because they do freshman orientation today. I need to get my Stitch Fix returns in the mail and get some Clorox wipes for DD's AVID class and socks for Eli. I also need to run by the library in Mililani for DD.

Enjoy your day!

9. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

School already!? My goodness! I hope the kids have a great year Jessica!
    Debbie...safe travels to you on your caravan.

10. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon busy day had fun with my grandson . had errands rain off and on now muggy again have agood night

11. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

wow, school starts early for them in Hawaii!
    I have mopped kitchen, kitchenette, hallway, bathroom floors. Have gone to knitting lady. Picked up mail. It is already 4:00 pm, need to start thawing kebobs for supper.

Later

12. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    teeming with rain here and is cold, such a contrast to you all.
    Work today and that is all on the agenda.
    I applied yesterday for leave for Christmas Eve. Hopefully boss will let me have the day off. I like being home on Christmas Eve as there is a lot of last minute things to get done.
    That is it for now,
    Keep cool all.

13. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Yes, early here and they got out on May 31st. But they get a week of Fall Break in October and then two weeks at Christmas and a week for Spring Break. So I guess it all evens out.

We didn't go on the bike because the weather looked iffy. DH and DS ended up going to a movie. I went to the chiropractor and then stopped at the PX to drop my stuff at UPS and pick up the clorox wipes and socks. I ran by the Commissary to get heavy cream for dinner tonight because the stuff I have is expired (although unopened) and they had none. I may open what I have and smell it and if it smells fine i'm going to use it. I really don't want to run to Walmart and I don't know if they even carry it here. I do need to go that way though to the town library later and they don't open until 1, but I need to be back for Eli when he gets off the bus. Hmm.

I'm working on schoolwork now.

14. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Allen and Teigan in the pool. I showered and now need to fold 4 loads of clothes and change the bedding.

Lunch mom, Jaymee, Teigan, Allen and I went to the Pub at lunch.

Was warm and humid out today!

15. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone. Hot and humid here, too. 97 today...don't know what the heat index was.

I went into the bakery at 10:15 this morning to try and get the baking and decorating done, but the shop was busy today, mainly with people wanting sandwiches. She wanted me to make brown gravy before I left, too. Seems my brown gravy is a hit with the customers. Worked until 5:30...had hoped to be out by 3:30. Oh, well. Two more hours pay.

Before I went into the bakery, I went and worked in my school room for about 2 hours...getting my tables, chairs, desk, and computer back into place. Some stuff I ordered was in, so I went through some of that, too. My room maid was there and she helped me move a filing cabinet and book case. I turned in DS's application for the principal position. They took it. Then, when I was at my school, I overheard the lady who has "supposedly" been hired say she had a meeting at 9:00 with the current principal who's retiring. I was in the office and left before I encountered her...nothing against her personally, just the underhandedness of the whole process. I don't know why they took DS's application if she's already hired. While there, I found out we have 12 teachers who aren't returning and many of those positions haven't been filled. Our teachers start on the 16th; students start on the 20th.

We've decided to let DD21 stay at DD25's and take care of her dogs and just stay here with DS's dog. Today, DH took her to her house and let her run around in the yard while he was working on something. She's back at our house tonight in her kennel. My mom is going to stay at DD25's with DD21 so she won't be there alone because she's working in a town just 15 miles from DD25's house instead of the 40 miles it is from her house.

Wow! Jessica, that's a long school year. We have a two day fall break, 2 weeks at Christmas, one week at Thanksgiving, one week spring break, and two days at Easter and we get out around May 23rd. DH said we may start a week late due to construction. It will be added onto the end of the school year.

Well, I've written a book....hope you all rest well tonight.

16. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

I find it interesting the different school breaks that you have.
    In Australia it is fairly standard, Start school first week in February, 10 weeks at school 2 weeks off, 10 weeks on 2 weeks off etc.
    So holidays are April, July, October and the break up around 20th December (give or take). Big 6 week Summer break and then start again.