My anniversary

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
www.jeniferdwn.blogspot.com
I hope this was the correct page to post this on. Saturday Oct 16 was our 17th wedding anniversary. Right after we got married, we bought a chihuahua named Rascal or "chichi". In August, he went over the Rainbow Bridge. He had just turned 16. I was devastated and so were the kids. My 3 yr old asks several times a week where is Rascal? Is he coming back? My daughter has cried and cried. I asked DH if we were going to do anything for each other for our anniversary or not? He said no, we'll have company that weekend, we had a wedding that night and we agreed not ot do anything. Then he said he had found just a little something he wanted to get me, for me not to buy him anything. He stressed that he was just trying to find a little something. Well, my dd8 and dh planned all week (dd does NOT tell secrets!!!) On Friday night, dh came home with a beautiful box and handed it to me. Apparently everybody but me heard it whine, but there was so much noise, I didn't hear it. The box shook once and I knew what was in there!!! He bought me a baby chihuahua. She is 8 weeks old, weighs 1 1/2 pounds and her name is Chia. She is adorable!!! I posted pictures in my "Furbabies" album.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
How romantic. And such a beautiful way to handle Rascal's crossing.

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Jen, that is awesome! What a sweet thoughtful husband you have.

I've missed you. Glad you're back!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
That is the sweetest thing in the world.

You have yourself a keeper there.

Enjoy your new furbaby and I am sorry for the loss of your beloved Rascal.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
That pup is so cute!!! Only took a day to spoil??? I find that hard to believe. One look in those sweet eyes and I'd been a goner!

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
www.jeniferdwn.blogspot.com
Thanks every one. Rascal was a happy little dog and couldn't have had a better life. If you've never read the poem of the Rainbow Bridge, it's a beautiful poem. It made this mental picture for me of this great big green meadow or park with all kinds of animals all playing together and happy. There is a bridge over a stream where they always have fresh water to drink. Then one day, he'll see me coming and all my other pets throughout the years will see me and they'll all come running. I can't wait to see them again. Yes, I have a very wild and vivid imagination, so please understand, I'm not really crazy, just very imaginative!

Pam -- thanks, I had no idea I'd be missed! and yes, I'm back to stay!!! :) Doing much better now.