no school monday 0/14/19

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by housewife2, Jan 14, 2019.

1. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning no school today bc of snow yesterday . rather chilly out stay warm

2. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning! where is everyobody this morning? It's a cold one here today but I have no intention of going out. I have had breakfast, vaccumed and wet-mopped all basement and washed basement bathroom. Dishwasher has been emptied and laundry started. I want to finish the housechores this am if possible.

Now Pam, you be careful! Do NOT confront angry people on drugs, just call the police.

Later

3. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! It's cloudy today and supposed to be in the 60's, so a bit cooler.

DH had to bring the truck in today so he was out early and Buffy sat on my head around 6:20. Was out walking her by 7:15. A bit early for me. Put in yet another load of laundry, made hard boiled eggs for egg salad for dinner - I try to do meatless Monday - and tried yet again to cancel my newspaper delivery up north.

Someone is coming to look at our HIVAC today so the timing will probably affect what else gets done.

Pam - take everyone's good advice and be careful. I still work at trying to convince DH that he should not randomly honk at people in the car.
    Jane and Katrina - I love making lists too:)
    Faye - glad you have a snow day
    Lucie - have a great "indoor" day

4. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

Good morning!!

I am having a crazy morning. I forgot to do my blog post so I have been doing that this morning. Now my routine is all off and I feel scattered. Ooops!!

Just regular housework and activities today. Very chilly out. I will wait till it is warmer to feed the birds. We finally found where our grocery store "hides" the peanuts in a shell. Now we can feed our squirrels again.

Will check in later. Toodles!!

5. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Really doesn't feel like it should be a school morning. I guess because it's the first Monday and full week back to school for the kids since they started back on Wednesday last week. DH forgot it was a school night last night and I had to yell for Eli to get in the shower from the tub. :rolleyes: #norestformoms I'm not sure what we're going to do today after my appointment. The weather is supposed to be nice the beginning of the week and then rain and maybe storms move in Thursday and for the weekend. I'm thinking I would like to get the cave out of the way today out in Waianae near that side of Kaena Point, but we'll see what they say about my ankle. We could whale watch afterward. We went out to our side of Kaena Point last night and DH saw a whale breach, I missed it and just saw the splash of it hitting the water, was super bummed. Did catch some pictures of some whale tails though, they are on FB. I think they may have been babies or else they just looked small from the distance. They sure were having a grand time playing around.

I would like to go back to Barnes and Noble today and pick up that Praxis Core study guide. Probably should have ordered it online yesterday with the coupon, but I don't want to wait that long to get it. My mentor was pushing for me to schedule my tests but I want to make sure i'm ready. They are expensive and I don't want to have to retake them. On another note, I will be posting pictures on Instagram this week, jess.supanich is my name on there if you're an instagramer, feel free to add me. I will add photos to FB at some point but Instagram is faster and easier. The camera photos, unless I bluetooth them from my camera to my phone which sometimes takes forever, i'll have to download from the SD card to my laptop and then post.

Faye- Stay safe!
    Lucie- A lot done for you already this morning.
    Debbie- Sat on your head. haha What a way to wake up.
    Carrie- I hate when something gets thrown off the routine. Glad you found the peanuts!
    Pam- Sorry for your brother and family. Sending healing thoughts to all!

Enjoy your day!

6. luludou

Afternoon

Halimer - I too try to get dh not to honk at other cars, one year he got quite a scare... he was in an area where there are Hell's Angels and the 2 guys in the other car got out of the car, dh ran the red light to get away but they followed him for quite awhile until he ran a 2nd red light and they stopped. I've never seen him so scared, he does not pass by that road anymore but since it's been years the bad habit of honking is coming back - I remind him of THE incident when that happens :)

I have vaccumed main floor and wet-mopped LR, kitchen, kitchenette and hallway. My bedding is now in the wash too (to get the last germs out). I posted on my blog as well. Ok need to go do a few things in the kitchen.

Diedra I too took out a puzzle this weekend and have been doing that.

7. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Afternoon, everybody's!

Went to Bible study this morning. Even tho it is cold, the sun was shining and that helped a lot. By the time we got out of Bible study, it was almost warm! Not to bad.

I want to take a nap. But I need a new cover for my iPad. I need to plan it out in my head. Then, I need to decide which fabric. I made Jennifer a cover for her kindle when she first got it. She told me she wanted pink John Deere fabric. So I got two different types of pink that were John D. She loved it. I will ask her if it worked ok for her. If so, I will make the iPad cover similar to her's.

I think I might make some hot chocolate this afternoon. That sounds good! But nothing right now, because my tummy is quite full from lunch.

I just want to rest and sleep a while. I hope you are all having a good day!

8. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning.
    A scorcher here today 42c (107F ) so not very nice at all. Will be like that for the rest of the week. I have the house as shut up as I can with all the curtains closed. trying to stop the heat from getting in. It's going to be hot no matter what I do.

Work today and I think it will be an OK day. There are so many little things to do at the moment that keep me busy. I work with boss today (Monday she is not in)
    and that is always a little crazy as she is always giving me stuff to do and she is always in a rush to have it done. I often have to stop doing one thing as she has thought of another thing that she wants done and then gets testy because the first job is not done.:rolleyes:.
    Anyway I shouldn't gripe, I am lucky that I have a job and one that I quite like even with all its issues.

Stay warm and safe,

9. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

I have decided that bosses have so much going on in their head that when the opportunity presents itself to unload the running list that it spills out and keeps spilling, what they don't realize is that you can't work as fast as the spillage.:rolleyes:

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. luludou

I have made a rice-chicken casserole for freezing. Made some cream of millet for my breakfasts this week. did dishes. Washed and remade my bed. Prepped lunches for tomorrow, prepped work clothes and gym clothes. SIL came by to chat almost an hour (the one with cancer had not seen her since the holidays because of my cold - she is doing very good).

At least house is picked up. Wanted to do some sewing but that didn't happen. No matter.

Later

11. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

Went to the doctor this morning and I have a peroneal sprain. She ordered an x-ray, not to check for a fracture she said but to check the joint. Anyway, she ordered an air cast and physical therapy. I'm waiting on the call from physical therapy. The air cast has gel on the inside so I can pop it into the freezer if I want and it will become like an ice pack, but it's not all that comfortable if i'm honest. The brace shop Soldier didn't put it on me and fit it, just showed me how to do it and handed it off. :rolleyes: I got some bloodwork done while there from October and she stuck both of my hands looking for a vein. Ouch!

DH and I went to the motorcycle shop and bought a new ignition for my bike since the keys still haven't turned up. Then we went by a locksmith to see if they could make a new key for his bike, no luck. Then on to the big mall to B&N. We walked around there for a bit and visited a couple different places. I have a ring that DH bought me several years ago and there is a piece of the band that broke off. I want it fixed. One place quoted more than the ring even cost to fix it. We said thanks but no thanks. We had lunch at a little Italian place and then headed home. We'll try Zales where he bought it and see what they say. If it will be too much i'll just wear it like it is or we'll figure something out.

DS texted me a couple times today saying his knee is hurting him and asked me to make him an appointment. Can we not get one week without someone needing me for something? I swear! So I made him an appointment for tomorrow afternoon. He's overweight, that's part of it, and needs to exercise. He just started PE this quarter so i'm sure he's looking for an excuse not to have to do some of the stuff.

12. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

DD had her therapy appointment. I asked the therapist to give DD and the staff something to work on with DD until the next appointment. She gave us one that is right on the mark for DD. We are to give DD a picture every day to describe that are facts and not assumptions. I’ve always said there are two worlds in DD’s life. The real one and then DDs. I tell staff to always double check with me about what DD says. So I’ll have to find 6 weeks of pictures to put in a book.

It was my laundry day. I’m almost done. Rather late but I was sidetracked by the appointment and the puzzle. Dh took the day off. He went shopping. He went to 7 stores trying on shoes and clothes. He didn’t say what he picked up at Dick’s Sporting Goods or Cabela’s. Then he stopped at Sams Club and the natural food store. He wasn’t home until after 5 so I sent him out to the Mexican place for take out.

Wishing all a safe night. Start a new habit for good sleep.

13. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone.

I've not felt too spiffy today. I've felt all day like I'm getting a sinus infection or cold, and I ended the school day with a headache. I had made plans to stay after school if I had grading I needed to finish, but had most done, and had that headache, so chose to not stay. DH and I took DD21's rent check to her landlord's office (70 miles) instead, when I got off. There was a mix up about the transfer of funds. I called the bank and told them I was writing a check off her account and would not be her hand writing, but mine. Thank goodness for home town banking! Until she comes home from California, it will transfer from our account.

I finally got DD21's blood work. Low folic acid, vitamin D, and B12 levels. Her iron is also a little low. She already takes iron once a day. She probably needs to increase it to twice. Folic acid and B12 metabolize each other, so being low in one means being low in the other. Vitamin C increases the body's ability to absorb iron and she doesn't eat a lot of stuff that has Vitamin C in it. Being where she is with her schedule will make it really hard for her to eat the foods she needs to. They have a pretty grueling schedule.

Faye, a day inside sounds nice.
    Lucie, I hope you took some time to rest today.
    Debbie, it's so frustrating to try and do things from long distance. I laughed about DH's car honking.
    Carrie, isn't it crazy how one little change in schedule can through us totally off? I have to be really careful about it or I get to work without lunch or my phone or forget to take my medicine...:rolleyes:
    Jess, if it's not thing, it's another, isn't it? You must feel like you're in a whirlpool sometimes.
    Pam, the covers you made sound neat. Choose yourself a great cheerful fabric!
    Katrina, I have to remind myself of that very thing sometimes...that I should be thankful for a job. I think all bosses forget what it's like in the trenches when they get out of them. I think they should have to go "back down" ever once in a while to remember what it's like.
    Diedra, that sounds like they have a good handle on Vanessa's "world". Good for you for taking care of yourself and asking DH to bring food home.

I'm off to bed. Hope you all rest well.

14. MrsSoup

Evening!

Diedra- What a great idea for therapy! I hope it works out well! Please keep us updated.
    Jane- I'm glad things were able to be worked out with the bank and everything. I absolutely feel like i'm in a whirlpool...a lot.

I've knitted all 6 skeins and decided to go ahead and do the 7th. I think because I made it longer than it was supposed to be it's also not as wide as it should be with 6, so since I have another i'll go ahead and use it and then finish it off. DS tried to not go to work tonight so DH said if he didn't he was taking his keys. DS doesn't have a bus pass anymore so I told him that wasn't really possible, but I told DS he had better get his butt to work. He went reluctantly. He was whining about his leg. I said to take an Ibuprofen and get on. He was complaining when he got home about work being awful, etc. and how he can't pay with the job he has blah, blah, blah. He had all weekend to go apply for jobs and didn't leave the house, which I reminded him of. He had nothing to say to that so went upstairs in a huff. So over this crap already. I think I might have a beer and sit on the porch for a bit and then take a bath.

Goodnight friends! Hoping for a fantastic tomorrow!

15. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Hot here but I got home and DH had made a lovely meal of fish and salad and we just had an ice cream cone. Feeling lucky this evening. Sometimes the simple things are all we need. Good food and good friends and a loving family. Blessed.

Night all, sleep well.

MrsSoup likes this.