November declutter club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
You guys have been doing a amazing job! I hate to say what I've been up to.....
My plan was as I took down fall to purge all the junk. Well I ended up keeping it all:rolleyes:. It's all organized and put away atleast. Most of it is those fake pumpkins and gourds you buy atMichael s. So not that much stuff just takes up lots of room. And that's my story!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Had Dh take some bamboo blinds to GoodWill. It was in his closet. I noticed it when I pulled out the Christmas tree. I have three boxes started for Goodwill. One box in my bedroom, one in the kitchen and one upstairs. Anyone who comes to visit can shop the boxes until they leave for GoodWill.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Dierdra, I love the idea of letting people shop through your boxes. as they say...One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Reactions: Lana

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Just watched a news story on how the current generation of Millenial kids do NOT want the stuff of their BabyBoomer parents. They are in the digital and have a low clutter mindset. So if we are thinking of saving stuff for them, then think again. Like grandma's china etc. So true.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Just watched a news story on how the current generation of Millenial kids do NOT want the stuff of their BabyBoomer parents. They are in the digital and have a low clutter mindset. So if we are thinking of saving stuff for them, then think again. Like grandma's china etc. So true.
Absolutely right with my family. Both girls are minimalist and DS and family is heading that way too. I am still going through attic stuff and I am down to toys and dishes my mom gave me. I am passing on the little people to DS who requested it and putting aside some play kitchen items for dgd(2). I am saving a couple of dishes for the curio cabinet and the rest will be donated. My had the dark blue flower and peacock collection that I found and I will save 1 piece for each child and donate the rest. There is a school holiday bazaar on December 1 where students shop for gift for the family members. Everything is a dollar so maybe someone's mom will get a nice vase and sibling a nice toy. I found beanie babies. I have another pick up on Tuesday so am trying to get through everything. Once done it will be pulling out gifts to make sure there is enough for everyone.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia

This to me is so sad. I understand that they do not want to keep the items but I think it is sad that they will no longer be in the family. My kids are quite sentimental when it comes to things like that but I can see in the future that things will change.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Not sure my kids want anything we are saving, might change with time.
Got a brand new shower curtain in donation bag (won't need shower curtains with new bathroom remodel)

Reactions: AuntJamelle

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have one room left to deep clean/declutter for Spring cleaning and that is the kitchen. Did the pantry yesterday and was surprised that there was nothing out of date in there. That was good. Will need to get to the rest of the kitchen sometime this week if I am to reach my goal of having the whole house done by November 30th.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Trying to get that big pile out the door. There is just SO much to do right now. Priorities. Might have to have Thanksgiving with the Mt. Olympus pile of outgoing clutter in the middle of the living room. Need DH's help to get the heavy stuff out of here but he doesn't have time. Well, at least its not MY relatives that are coming to Thanksgiving dinner! ;)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Had put all the extra decor items in office so I could put up Christmas. Put away all those items and got rid of 3 pictures I had painted (they were not very good), 1 bouquet of silk flowers (color had changed), 1 discolored pillow case.
At least now everything is put away even though we cannot open the closet anymore :rolleyes:

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Loaded 1 big box and 7 shopping bags full of clothes, shoes, boots and coats, etc. in my car this morning to take to donation for local homeless shelter. Feels good to get all of that out of the house!!! There is still a pile of homegoods to take to Goodwill but not much compared to what I had piled up in the basement before this effort!

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Another box and 2 bags of stuff out the door and waiting to be picked up. Love when I schedule for donation pick ups cause it really makes me get moving on getting the donations together and out of the house. If I have to drop them off they may never leave the house LOL

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I too have a few things that I need to drop off at the donation centre. I must schedule a time and then I know that it is done.
Tomorrow I will take 2-3 grocery bags of gifts to the KMart giving tree. I have been saving all year so am ready for it to be gone.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
All I wanted to do was make space for the crock pot to fit on the kitchen shelf. It should have and could have been simple but no. I made it more complicated. :rolleyes: :oops: One thing led to another and now we have a whole garbage can in the garage filled with broken items for the trash and a bunch of things in the recycling bin. :D

I am eyeing some things that I will set aside for donations after next weekend. I need to stay focus on hosting Thanksgiving this Thursday but oh, am I ready to declutter the basement.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
If you saw my spare room at the moment you would swear I was a hoarder!!! Will declutter Christmas when I bring the totes out next week. Must get the donations to the centre and things will look a bit tidier in there,

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Good job ladies!

I just pulled some clothes out of my closet and made a donation pile. J recorded the items, so now they just have to go out the door to goodwill.

I cleaned out a cabinet in the den. I have a bag of check registers and duplicate checks to burn at the farm. H will do that today or tomorrow. Earlier this month I cleaned out my bills paid drawer and burned all of that info, too.