November declutter club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I sat in the quietness of the house for a bit this morning then started to prep my living room for decorating. Well I started and then I was off on a bunny trail and started decluttering the 2 bookcases. Before I knew it I a one on laid out on the for adjusting it so it wouldn't wobble. (it much sturdier now) Of course since the bookcases were empty I had to think about rearranging the furniture.....but I have a box of books and some tapes and cds to donate. I also trashed a lot of old magazines and papers no longer needed. Feeling good.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lol Jody, I love/hate when that happens. Good job at decluttering. Good luck with the decorating.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
With the bathroom remodel won't need the shower curtain and curtain rings anymore, in the donation box they go.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Well I just finished sorting through the papers that need to be shredded. We have 9 boxes to take to the commercial shredder tomorrow. Mine you some of this was sitting in the attic for about 21 years. It is done the attic empty. There are some of my high school stuff to go through I may end up going through it yet today just to get it out of the house.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Jody, what wonderful progress you have made. An empty attic must be wonderful.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
The 9 boxes of paper we took to be shredded weighed 278 pounds! I stayed and watched to make sure it all got shredded. I looked on the floor near the industrial shredder and found several of my duplicate checks. Quickly picked them up and put them in the shredder. The charged a small fee but that is okay. We also took a book of books to the thrift store and donated them.
We have old year books from college and high school, we will donate them back to the school or to the local thrift store where I went to school and that will be done. It will be awhile before we get a chance to do it. So will store in closet once I pull all the gifts out.

The next thing to go is all the little people sets to DS's house in SD. We will be going there Dec. 21st.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Jody, Amazing job with the declutering.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We have all been doing a great job. November is obviously a great time to declutter.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Got more out the door this morning. Will be very discerning as I pull out the Christmas decor. I tried really hard in January when packing it away but it wasn't enough. It is Christmas memories that make it difficult to let go. Just have to ask myself "Do I love it?" Yes, I love everything Christmas.