November Roudolf Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
As in CHRISTMAS IS COMING AND I HAVEN'T DONE ONE THING YET???!!! ...ahem...yes, I am working madly this month. When I worked at a nursing home, all the employees had to decorate the outside of a resident's door. I sewed a huge stuffed Rudolph head for my resident's door. It scared him half to death every time he opened his door. <oops>

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Grammadeb, sorry but I had to laugh at that one :)
Lots to do in November so that December can be more relaxing!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I thought we would be ahead of the game this year with Allen retired. Thinking outside would be done by now etc.... a lot of late nights and early mornings I think I feel.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Yep. I have decided to introduce Rudolph Day to school. The whole school is going to do Christmas crafts, make a Christmas recipe (cookies etc), watch a Christmas movie. We will do a rotational type thing where each class gets to do each activity throughout the day. These kids need to learn to plan ahead so we may as well plan Christmas. Some of these kids will get lots of expensive items for Christmas (not sure where they come from as most cant send lunch for their kids), some will get nothing but very few will get what they really need- time from parents etc... We will do a lunch for the whole school, sing carols and have some fun!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Tanya, I love your idea. Sounds like emotional neglect of children now days is world wide. Sad...

I'll be celebrating it shopping, Lord willing. DsonIL has never gone shopping on Black Friday, so he's in for a real awakening. He'll probably hate it! lol They are going to try and get a new television.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I, too, am working hard to catch up to where I'd like to be now. I will be doing Christmas shopping on the 25th.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
The 25th will be my first BIG day of Christmas decorating. I have between Thanksgiving and Dec 2nd to get it ALL done! We have a big dinner party for friends at our house on the 3rd.

I'll be going to Meijer early in the morning for their BF sale then home to deck the halls! :)

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Well I come here hanging my head in shame...Even though I come here often, I have to admit that I really haven't gotten anything done for Christmas this year, except to complete my mom's presents (we visited her earlier in the month and I left everything with my brother to give to her on Christmas, and to purchase some new decor. I haven't followed any lists or plans and I never got my cards started. SO having said that...I need to release the guilt, buy a few boxes of cards instead and get moving. I want to enjoy decorating and baking this year so unfortunately making cards will have to go. We really haven't gone all out in decorating the past few years and I want to do it right this year.

We have to get moving on buying gifts for our kids, they will all get gift cards but I want to buy something for them to unwrap as well. We need a few more things for our new granddaughter, but since she is just a few months old, we will give money to put in her account.

Ok I feel better now.....I think....

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Well I come here hanging my head in shame...Even though I come here often, I have to admit that I really haven't gotten anything done for Christmas this year, except to complete my mom's presents (we visited her earlier in the month and I left everything with my brother to give to her on Christmas, and to purchase some new decor. I haven't followed any lists or plans and I never got my cards started. SO having said that...I need to release the guilt, buy a few boxes of cards instead and get moving. I want to enjoy decorating and baking this year so unfortunately making cards will have to go. We really haven't gone all out in decorating the past few years and I want to do it right this year.

We have to get moving on buying gifts for our kids, they will all get gift cards but I want to buy something for them to unwrap as well. We need a few more things for our new granddaughter, but since she is just a few months old, we will give money to put in her account.

Ok I feel better now.....I think....

How are things coming? Good call on buying instead of making cards! I'm behind on cookie dough making and haven't wrapped a blessed thing yet. Was supposed to start that yesterday but spent the day taking DH to the dr and getting scripts filled, and other assorted unexpected activities. Good times!