Olympics!

Discussion in 'Magical Parties' started by AnnieClaus, Feb 7, 2014.

1. AnnieClaus

AnnieClaus Active Member

Anyone doing anything special for any of the nights of the Olympics?

I know some do something for the Opening Ceremonies.

I usually get a pizza from somewhere and sit back and enjoy.

Thought maybe this year I may a couple nights at my parents- do snacks and such like we do for football games.

Annie

2. jampss

jampss Well-Known Member

Eating

Sounds good. Yeah, we'll eat and watch is about all.

3. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Praying that all goes well.

4. AnnieClaus

AnnieClaus Active Member

Ahorsesoul- Our pastor said a special prayer for the Olympics at Vespers.

He said, "This is a time for the world to come together in peace."

Annie

5. piratemamaof3boys

piratemamaof3boys Well-Known Member

we will watch some of the openings and I am sure I will have the games on often. No special plans though.

6. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

watching the opening right now :) will try to watch all through the day tomorrow

7. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

We watched some of it last night, but I missed the opening ceremonies because we took our youth to a revival tonight. I'm sure I'll have it on during the day tomorrow. We love watching the Olympics.

8. Cindylouwho

Cindylouwho Well-Known Member

Recorded the Opening and today's events. Will be snuggling up pretty soon to watch in front of the wood stove. No feasting planned but maybe some hot cider as it is very cold here. The kids aren't terribly interested so will have to rally them.

9. luludou

Much shouting in the house yesterday when the two sisters got the gold & silver medal in acrobatic ski! and the 3rd sister was in the top 12 too.

10. AnnieClaus

AnnieClaus Active Member

Lucie- I saw! And was thinking of you!!!!

Love the ice dancing team~ I remember them from Vancouver in 2010.

Also the pairs skating team- the guy composed the music they skated too- WOW!

Annie

11. luludou

And this morning woke up just in time to see Charles Hamelin win the 1500 meter skating race :) It's just so funny to see the reaction of his girlfriend Marie-Anne St-Gelais (also a skate racing athlete)... she is just so spontaneous. watched that 4 of our canadians are qualified for the ski bumps and now the woman's hockey game.

12. luludou

we won gold & silver medal in the men's ski jumps!!! woohoo! I was jumping up and down alone in the house.