Packing it in 2017...

Discussion in 'Holiday and Seasonal Decor' started by AuntJamelle, Dec 28, 2017.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

I'm a Santa girl :)

2. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Katrina, I'm sort of like you. When I get all the totes down from the attic to put it away, I don't want to do it twice. What I do leave out goes to the storage shed (greenery and reindeer).

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  3. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

missjane, that is a good idea, I have a few snowmen that I could put in a small tote in the garage separately from the general Christmas decor. Worth thinking about.

4. DahliaDoll

DahliaDoll Well-Known Member

We finally got 99% of the Christmas decor boxed, inventoried and stored in the garage loft. The house still looks a little disheveled with little bits of "stuff" sitting around waiting to be neatened up. I just ran out of energy though and still have to think about fixing dinner.

Winter decor that I'm leaving out includes a reindeer wall hanging, a couple of sofa quilts and my winter placemats and certerpiece (kind of blue, icy looking fabric). I still need to decide what decor to put on our coffee table. Right now there's just a coffee cup, a candle lighter, a note and pencil and a dahlia catalog. Kind of tacky looking ...

I need to get some cyclomen for the front porch.

5. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

DD I can imagine your house at the moment with the quilts and the centrepiece, I am sure it looks very cosy and warm.

6. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

I start tomorrow by sorting through what I didn't put out this year and then put away what is out. I plan to purge a good percentage of it. DH loved how I decorated the tree said "looks good with or without the lights on." He did say he thought just white lights would be enough. In other words, don't do the multi-colored light any more.

7. jollykelly

jollykelly Active Member

Everything is finally put away. Oh, how love putting it out and decorating....BUT oh how I love when it is all put away and my house is back to normal. Weird, I know.