Pomander Ball how to

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
Coffeenut, they look great and I bet they smell wonderful! I can jsut see a bowl full of them in my kitchen at Christmas.

:globe:

snowangel00

Santa's Elves
Oct 9, 2007
Winter Wonderland
We made these for my sisters wedding that is coming up this weekend.

They turned out beautifully (if I do say so myself!) :grin:

They were VERY easy to make and they come together very quickly.

I would suggest getting a 'cool' glue-gun versus the 'hot' because wowza!! it's very easy to burn your fingers.

I think we all walked away from that project with blistered fingertips! :applause:

snowangel00

Santa's Elves
Oct 9, 2007
Winter Wonderland
I know my Wal-Mart has bags of whole cloves and such during this time of the year in their seasonal section. Maybe you could check there.

When we did this craft we used all types of fall flowers, grasses, etc. They turned out great.

Really - the skies the limit with this type of craft!

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
I have been making these every Christmas since I was in the third grade, we made them for gifts for our parents one year. I just love them I am 52 now and I still love the fragrance.
you can get whole cloves at the grocery store, or at Sam's club

:friendly:

CherylOK

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
NW Arkansas
We have a Mennonite pantry store here. They sell things in bulk at really reasonable prices. See if you have a store like that...Amish, organic, etc...and see what there prices are.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I've found whole cloves at Dollar General for 50 cents per jar. I keep them on hand and simmer them with apple cores and peels on my stove to make the house smell good! I'll have to try the pomanders!

patteemom

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
Idaho
I'll have to keep my eye out for them. I'm in a small town and it can be hard to find things. Some things are seasonal like canned pumpkin, so I stock up while I can. The other day I couldn't find barley at any of the stores.
:globe:

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I made some similar to these a couple of years ago to tuck into breakfast baskets. I just put the last initial of the family receiving it on an orange with whole cloves. Fast, easy and fragrant, gave them something to keep for a few days. My friend put hers on a candlestick to display...hmm..that might look pretty on my kitchen cabinet for a few days...I have a gorgeous orange and a jar of cloves....see ya!!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I was just thinking about these a few weeks ago. I made one for my grandmother when I was in kin. or 1st grade it hung in her kitchen forever. I remember it having some sort of tag on it. I looked thru a box my grandmother had for me but no tag in it. So don't remember what it said. But I do remember that it had mom crossed out and gram written on it. But I did that all the time gave my gram the stuff I made in school for my mom. When I made it there were just cloves stuck in the orange.