positive thursday 03/26/2020

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by housewife2, Mar 26, 2020.

1. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning thats the thought for the day stay positive. enjoy your day everyone

jampss and Ahorsesoul like this.
  2. girlsinmo

girlsinmo Well-Known Member

Good day HW2 and all who follow. It's 72 here we are airing the house out. The light breeze and fresh air is nice, along with the beautiful music of the windchimes.

Take care all.

3. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Faye- I love that message! One I am trying to remind myself of every.single.day! I need to get back to doing my gratitude journal daily.
    Tricia- I need to do that as well but i've been sneezing so much lately since we are taking walks once or twice a day, i'm a little afraid to. haha I need to have DH hang my wind chimes back up on the front porch, it's been so windy here lately.

I took nighttime Nyquil last night and slept wonderfully but woke up right back to blowing my nose and stuffy. I can hear it in my voice now as well. I think that it's just allergies. We have been walking up to twice a day and i've been sneezing like crazy. Not much to do about it except get through it.

We are taking today off of traditional homeschooling for the state holiday, Prince Kuhio day. In lieu of school we will do some baking, laundry, cleaning up, reading, inventorying the pantry, etc.

Enjoy your day!

4. piratemamaof3boys

piratemamaof3boys Well-Known Member

Hi ladies. I want to get back into checking in again. I see most of you on FB but it's not the same.
    I am working at home, started this week so that's an adjustment, plus I'm still new so navigating that.

Lunch is almost over so I need to scoot but wanted to say hi.

Lana, jampss, luludou and 2 others like this.
  5. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Have a few minutes to myself. Did not sleep well. Dozed from about 3am until i got up at 7. Figured out i hadn’t taken my night time meds. I think the allergy pill helps me sleep. Was busy all morning with a shower, dog grooming, taking care of DD and getting an apple pie in the oven. Walked outside in the yard looking at plants coming up. Very tiny amount coming up. Day lilies are less than half an inch out of the soil. Saw on bunch of daffodils that are up 2 inches. Also vacuumed the dog kennel.

DD got up from her nap deciding she is going to walk around outside taking photos (or she noticed workmen next door) so I sent Dh with her to guard. Then she told him she was coming in for a hat. Instead she was really getting the cat in the pet stroller for his walk. Dh had put DDs tablet away and DD wanted it. I told him to wait with DD while I retrieved it. So of course he follows me into the house. DD was off down the sidewalk since she wasn’t being watched. lol

I'm having a cold cup of tea.

jampss likes this.
  6. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good afternoon!

It's sunny and 68* here today. Lots of news coming in from the schools today. M will start online work April 1st until school resumes. I was told that I have to go to school Monday or Tuesday to create packets for my students. I am not comfortable with that, and I can't believe that our union leadership agreed to it. It could all be done digitally.

I haven't really accomplished much today....did the usual clean up, probably will vacuum next, and walk around outside since it's so warm out. Maybe I'll tackle the pantry. It could use some straightening out.

Hi Shannon!
    Diedra~ my daylilies are about 3 inches tall now. Some daffodils are blooming. The ones on the sunny hillside are out, but the ones in the front bed are just starting to bloom.

Trying hard to stay positive....
    stay safe and be blessed~

7. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone.

DH are still putting in flooring at the new house. It's slow going, but going none the less. I'm trying to shop online for transition strips from room to room. I don't want to go to the store if I can avoid it.

It's supposed to be in the 80s today through Saturday.

Stay safe everyone.

8. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Hello everyone. The sun is shining, there are some gray clouds, and there's a bit of wind. The windows are open letting in fresh air, but it still feels cold to me.

Today is the first day I'm taking dh out of the house since the 13th, except for sitting in the yard. He has a dentist appointment in an hour - the girl I talked to on the phone to verify they didn't want to reschedule assured me the office gets sanitized every half hour and said I have to wait in the car. No one is allowed to wait in the waiting room. She told me I could reschedule for next week, but the procedure couldn't be put off any longer than that. I don't consider a bridge to be an emergency, but what do I know.

The dgkids are in class (online), thank goodness. They have been picking at each other today, lots of sarcasm and teasing. Dsil went to Lowe's earlier, to buy nails for dd - she is setting up a large string art project for dgd to string. Dd is making a large macrame hanging chair for dgs's bedroom. This is a good time for her to work on her ufo's too.

I'll take a book with me to the dentist. I haven't taken much time to read lately. It's about time to get ready to leave.

Have a nice afternoon.

9. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Hey there!

I took a brief walk today. Took trash to dumpster and then walked around the building. The sun was so bright and the weather was great! Within half an hour, the sun went away, the skies darkened, and it started to rain. For about 15 minutes. It rained again later. Sometimes, it is sunny, and sometimes it does not! Crazy Indiana weather.

Have not done much today. My back is sore, not hurting exactly, but sore. Tried to take a box to the storage unit. Once again, I could not get in the unit. It is such a petty thing, but it needs fixed. Grrrr. Why should I pay for it when I cannot get in it? I don't even have it halfway full! I guess I will call it in.

Just called it in, and head honcho will call the maintenance guy! I will meet him there.

I have a really cute baby squirrel hanging around. What to name it? Has to be a muscle car name. The Suggestions?

jampss and teachermomof2 like this.
  10. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! Need I even comment about the weather?

Swept off the lanai and DH said he will wash it when it gets cooler. Tomorrow I will taken in some sun.

Just came back from a walk - very quiet.

Fortunately I haven't run out of relatives for my genealogy;). Might try to sew a bit now - I only hand sew.

Lisa - that is an odd choice - to come in and stuff packets
    Pam - glad you took a walk
    Jess - nice that it's a school holiday tomorrow - even if there is no school
    Shannon - good to hear from you again
    Deb - how did things go with taking DH to the dentist?

Stay safe all!

jampss, Ahorsesoul and teachermomof2 like this.
  11. MrsSoup

I've showered and put my silk pillowcase in on delicate to wash. Eli showered and brought his clothes down to be washed as well. DH set up my hammock on the front porch so I may go out there and read for a bit. I did my makeup today, just playing around with the kit I got for Christmas. We'll make zucchini bread in a bit. I've been texting with my mom. DD and Eli are taking turns playing some quiz game on her laptop. It was raining this morning but seems to have moved on for now. My friend called this morning to chat over coffee.

I'm going to start journaling about all this I think, might make a cool book someday. I thought of a cool video idea this morning, a humorous spoof if you will, some might take it too seriously though and be offended. We are on day 13 at our house since we had spring break the previous week. I think next week will be when people start really getting testy around here.

12. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Dh was visiting with the neighbors in their driveway. I kept texting him to stand back 6 feet. Did not look at the phone or his watch to see why its making noise. Earlier he tried to put up DD’s birdhouse but he did not get the correct pipe pieces. The guy is driving me nuts. I even told him to check the instructions before he left. Instead he just picked up an extra piece I had on the list for our glass plate flower craft.

i will certainly sleep well tonight. Tomorrow I’ll tackle the rest of the taxes.

jampss likes this.
  13. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

evening... another short night of sleep. been a busy work day... seems when director is teleworking he doesn't have meetings and I guess he has time to ask us all kinds of URGENT things ;)

Ftimed with dad, sis and dd. I don't know I'm feeling dd is a little down all by herself down there. at least she starts work next week.

dh spent the day on the phone again for mil.

Night

Ahorsesoul and jampss like this.
  14. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Another teleworking day in the bag. Honestly, I think this week has been longer than a regular work week, I just don't have to get up so early! I have to finish up Ozark tonight as Season 3 starts tomorrow. I'm going to get up early and do my grocery shopping tomorrow, then come back home and start my teleworking day.

The cashier's check for the contractor arrived but today the governor shut down all non-emergent construction until April 8. One of my co-workers came over to help with Vic's truck yesterday - he put an overnight charger on the battery but when he came back today, it wasn't charged. It's well and truly dead. He pushed the truck out of the garage so I can move stuff away from the wall where the contractor will be working, when he is allowed to work again. The truck in the driveway is crooked and will probably drive me nuts every time I look at it so I'll just avert my eyes. Yes, I'm crazy.

Need to inventory the fridge, freezer, and pantry to make a meal plan. Don't want to spend any longer in the grocery store than I have to.

Ahorsesoul and jampss like this.
  15. jampss

jampss Well-Known Member

Evening. Been only to the grocery store each week. DS16 is doing online school. DH is still at work and wipes and mops all through the day. I keep house, crochet, and get DS online for Telemed OCD therapist appointments. His Life Coach is FaceTimeing. I text every day with my dad and stepmom, my sis and niece, my daughter in Vermont.

Weird times.

Glad to hear everyone is well.

luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  16. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

Let's see....Eli and DD poopscooped the backyard, I corrected Eli's creative writing story so he can start revising and rewriting it tomorrow, Eli and I made zucchini bread, I made No Bake Cookies, i've done some reading, Eli's laundry and sheets have been washed, I washed my pillowcase, DH and DD worked on the garage...I just made pizza crust for dinner. DD started inventorying the pantry and quickly grew tired of the task. DH put my hammock up on the porch earlier today and I went to lay in it this afternoon to read and was only out there for a minute or two before it started raining. Boo! It's been raining off and on all day.

Nothing too exciting here really. I downloaded a Taste of Home magazine to my Kindle through Prime Reading to read. I think i'll start my journaling on my computer now in a Word document or maybe i'll do it in my planner on the daily pages. That might be better.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  17. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone.

DH and I finished the master bedroom, living room, dining room, and breakfast area today. He needs to mow tomorrow, so I'm going to take a day off. My back is beginning to say ugly things to me, so I better give it a day to rest. I had to take a muscle relaxer yesterday and prescription strength sodium naproxen.

Two people we know personally have been exposed to the virus. We go to church with them, and they were at services the last time we had services at church (Sunday before last), so it makes me wonder if all of us were exposed through them....before we really knew about the 14 days, etc. They sit on the left side. We sit on the right, and we didn't come into direct contact with them. Their daughter and son in law have it. He's in the hospital with on a ventilator. The daughter was sent home because she's not sick enough to need on one. Getting very close to home, now.

I need to do our budget for this month...may be able to reduce the food budget because we have all the groceries we need to a while. DH's hearing aid repair cost $350, so need to reduce somewhere to take care of that or take it out of savings and put it into checking.

Rest well, everyone.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  18. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Evening!

We had leftovers for supper-yum yum and was easy and done fast. I showered and then and worked in Teigans room. I piddled to much when doing something!
    Allen put the knobs back on purple dresser. Need to move the white one out of the room.

We had rain from about 9-11. Change of thunderstorms Friday and Saturday. Got to 74 today and next 2 days should be 70s before going back to high 50s /low 60s. Allen cleaned gutters out today.

Was a slow day at work. Noisy to with some work going on there.

I am going to turn in now. It is about 9:45 and plan to get up about 5 to do some things before work.

I found the recipe for the tea Allen likes so have been making that for him. I do sweet tea and Ryan kool-aid. Allens is 4 cups of cold water with 3 1/2 teaspoons of lemon aide drink mix (like crystal lite) and then you boil 8 cups of water and when boiling take off heat and put in 8 tea bags and 1 flavor tea bag (he likes peppermint or spearmint) and let it steep for 5 minutes and then put into lemon mixture. I don't care for it but he LOVES it. I haven't had anybody else like it over the years. Will have to see if Teigan will drink it.

Night!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  19. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

It took to now to realise that I did not post today.
    It was a slow one. DS and I caught up with some shows that we had recorded. I did some washing and folding.
    DH decided on take away food so we ordered it online and we drove through to get it. We got some for the kids, knocked on their door and left it on the step for them. I hope that it cheered them up somewhat.
    I really need to do something tomorrow, no more wallowing.

Ahorsesoul likes this.