Prepping our kitchens for Holidays 2019...

Discussion in 'Holiday Cooking' started by AuntJamelle, Aug 15, 2019 at 2:10 PM.

1. AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle Well-Known Member

Has anyone else been getting an itch to prepare for the coming flurry in the kitchen?

We've been chatting on Feed the Freezer thread a bit about getting freezers cleaned up, contents used up and inventoried with upcoming holiday season in mind.

I'm trying to do the same in my pantry.

Also occurred to me that I needed to do the following:

- Go through spice drawer and refill bottles as needed from stock in pantry
    - Inventory spices in pantry and mark down ones I need to replace/replenish
    - Inventory things like parchment paper, foil, wax paper, foil pans, etc. and mark down items to purchase

I know the official cleaning plans haven't started yet. Just wondering if others have started to do anything here and there? If so, please share!!! :) Even if you are just thinking about it! LOL

Minta and PamelaG like this.
  2. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I do need to check out my parchment paper (know I need to refill since I just took the last one) and foil items. I did just clean, label and organize the spice drawer. I am starting on little things here and there. Nothing on a organized plan.
    IMG_2993.jpg IMG_3162.jpg

AuntJamelle, Minta and PamelaG like this.
  3. Minta

Minta Administrator Staff Member

ME!!!! I have been restocking my supply of foil, parchment paper and assorted sizes of tin pans but I still need to get more. I also started a master list of things I need to buy and how much to buy for my holiday baking.. Iie.. flour, sugar, baking powder, etc.

I have been trying to stay on top of wiping down the cabinets, inside and out but do plan on a real good deep cleaning sometime in the beginning of Nov during a day off from work.

I really need to work on decluttering the tops of my stand alone pantry cabinets and my bakers rack. Need to go through the junk drawer and purge some stuff. I have a shelf in the garage that I transfer some stuff to.

AuntJamelle and Ahorsesoul like this.
  4. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

I Added it to my 'costco' list last Week.. foil , parchement, …. plastic plates, napkins, Tpaper, cleaning supplies, ...

I want to start deep-cleaning the kitchen as soon as it gets less hot! I have lots of purging I want to do (but will have to wait until dh is not there :rolleyes: ).

PamelaG, Minta and AuntJamelle like this.