Prepping our kitchens for Holidays 2019...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I need to review lists too. In my mind I think I have everything but am not 100% sure.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Well, the sales circulars with the turkey platter featured on the front page and Halloween candy on the next page are appearing in my mailbox. The holidays are definitely approaching! We have Thanksgiving dinner here. The menu is planned and three side dishes are made and frozen. I feel good about where things are now.

This year our Christmas Eve and Christmas Dinner plans will look different for the first time in ages. Instead of hosting Christmas Eve this year, we will have my side of the family over on the Sunday before Christmas. Dh and I really need to sit down and discuss that Sunday menu. I also want to sit down with the kids to discuss their expectations of Christmas Eve and Christmas Day since things are being changed up.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Picked up six 2 packs of foil 9x11 pans for my cinnamon rolls this year! :)

I'm finding foil pans more and more scarce near any holiday. I suppose it's an indication of how times are changing...being used more than reusable pans. People no longer want to do dishes after holiday meals, I'm guessing. Be sure to pick them up early if you plan to use them.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I'm finding foil pans more and more scarce near any holiday. I suppose it's an indication of how times are changing...being used more than reusable pans. People no longer want to do dishes after holiday meals, I'm guessing. Be sure to pick them up early if you plan to use them.

That's interesting that you are seeing that too. My mom was looking for the small loaf pans to put in pumpkin bread and couldn't find any in the local stores. She ended up go to a locally owned party goods shop and found them there.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I saw pans of all sizes at our dollar store a few days back. I was amazed by their range. I am fine for pans for now but might stock up on some of the more popular sizes.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
When I was cleaning out the refrigerator, I found a small jar of pimento. That's something else I find the stores are out of around the holidays. I went to Walmart when I got off work today to pick up a few things and was going to buy corn meal, but there was not one bag of plain corn meal. Corn meal mix was low, too. I'll check one of the other grocery stores when I get off tomorrow.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I'm not sure if anyone has a Gordon's Food Service anywhere near them but they carry ALL sorts of foil pans - for everything you can think of!

Timely reminder on stores running out of things! It happens every year - I need to review my master grocery list and try to get as much as possible purchased sooner than later!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Going to deep clean the kitchen this weekend in preparation for Christmas cooking/baking. Will double check supplies while I am at it.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Cranberry sauce...I've seen times I couldn't find it, so if you buy the canned, you may want to check now!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Cranberry sauce and apple sauce are in good supply here at the moment. If the use by date is OK I might get some for use throughout the year. I also might grab an extra rolled turkey breast and put it in the freezer for Easter,

Reactions: Ahorsesoul