Quiet Sunday, 3-22-2020

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Pam Spaur, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning to all in MHHland.

2. Pam Spaur

Good morning. How is everyone this a.m.?

Did not sleep well last night! I might take it even easier today than yesterday. I should run down to Aldi's. I need a few more things. Milk is the most important thing. Am almost out.

Other than that, I am gonna try to get church online. IF I don't forget, that is. Still have not gotten my sewing machine out. Seems my iPad is my hobby these days. Lol. Maybe practice with my phone some more.

Sure hope each of you has a wonderful Sunday. Stay safe (and that means more at this time than ever before) and be blessed!

Ahorsesoul and Lana like this.
  3. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Hi Pam and All!

I am hoping to do Teigans room today and change the dressers out and get the rest of the to small clothes out of the room and sacked up. Need to get a few everyday outfits to have here. Not as many as before that I had. I love buying clothes for her. I start out for me and don't like anything or they don't fit and I end up in her size!

Weather is to be rainy so no outside work.

I really hope we get a spring. I don't want to go from wet cool to hot. Allen doesn't need to be in the damp and the hot is no better so...... shed and garage needs a BIG OLE CLEANING OUT!!!! He is also in the mood to get rid of stuff.

Suppose I better go make tea and take my Vit. C and D.

Pam, I got a smart phone and still don't know most of it.

Everybody have a GREAT day!

Pam Spaur and Ahorsesoul like this.
  4. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! Sunny and warm - breaking records down here in Tampa.

The truck came in! and we went to pick it up Friday afternoon. It is a very nice silver and the inside is very comfortable with cup holders all over and a giant screen with all sorts of things on it. DH is happy.

Yesterday we picked up more dog food - the store was only doing curbside deliveries - and went to three different Publix groceries and still found no flour, yeast, pasta, etc, etc. No chicken for some reason but the meat counters looked a little better. We keep hearing that the supply chain is fine but still empty shelves.

Face timed with DS and DDIL last night. They live on the 35th floor of a building on the upper east side of NYC, on the corner of 72nd St and 1st Ave. DS showed us the view from his window and there was one lone car going up 1st Ave. Very quiet. Horribly quiet.

My BFF in Manchester (UK) said pretty much the same thing. She used the term "weird" for the situation there.

DDIL said that the way to cope is to clean, organize or bake:)

Hopefully today DH will start moving some of the stuff from the LR into the truck so that little bit of aggravation will be gone.

5. Pam Spaur

Lana, I wish I could get my grandson over here. The kids nowadays know everything about electronics! He maybe could help me with some of my iPad things. It just amazes me how much they know at such an early age. I would never allow a child to play with something so expensive, but a lot of mamas think nothing of just handing the phone to their toddlers. I got my phone thru a bundle deal with Comcast and it is not a super expensive one. I cannot afford something like an iPhone. And it is ok. I don't need that much. But it would be nice to get to play on the phone or get news or something.

6. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I feel somewhat better this morning, not so clogged up but I think that's because it's all sitting up around my eyes. My headache isn't as bad this morning either. I woke up a lot during the night, probably because I slept so much yesterday and every time I woke up I had no headache. I woke up around 4 a.m. and there it was. :rolleyes: I am hoping that sitting up and letting things settle downward will help it but we'll see. I will take a Sudafed shortly and an Aleve. If that doesn't help then I will take my migraine meds for the 3rd day in a row. I have been cooped up in my bedroom all day yesterday and half the day before. My back was hurting during the night from being in bed too long, so today I think i'll stay downstairs unless I need a nap. I have had no fever so pretty confident I don't have C-19. I'm going to Lysol the house today. DH cleaned the downstairs bathroom yesterday and other parts of the downstairs, washed windows, etc.

I have not received an email with a link to reschedule either of my tests so looks like I better start preparing to go take the first one Tuesday. My testing center is not closed so i'm not surprised they didn't approve it. Idiots. It should be closed. I could wear a mask, still have one from when they thought I had pneumonia but that really doesn't help they say. I'll make sure to wash my hands thoroughly and not touch my face (bad habit of mine). I could still reschedule the second one and pay the fee, something to think about. Things could change drastically by then and it could close. Wishful thinking.

Pam- I wish there was someone that could shop for you. Are they doing special hours at your stores, the first hour they are open are for the more at risk population? If they are, you should really take advantage of that! I worry about you! You should have an App Store already on your phone or a Play Store depending on what kind of phone you have. If you go into that, you should be able to type in the kind of app you want or just search through the different categories. Make sure you only get the Free ones! You can find your local news station, weather, games, etc. Once you find the one you want, you just click on Install and it will download onto your phone.
    Lana- You can come right on over to my house after you're done. Oh wait, you'd have to quarantine for 14 days so better scratch that. I really need to get started on our house since we are moving in a few months.
    Debbie- Yay for the truck!! We can't find chicken here either.

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Hello all,

They just declared a State of Emergency here. I hope that makes people start to actually listen. Anyone entering the province has to self-isolate now.

Need to figure out what to make for dinner tonight.

Stay safe and healthy everyone!

Pam - Most stores here offer a curbside pick up too.
    Mrs. Soup - Glad you're feeling a bit better.
    Halimer - Same thing here. Flour and yeast are hard to come by. Last time we went shopping all the store had left was potatoes, apples, and onions. I have 50 lbs of apples and 50 lbs of potatoes - so I have to get creative!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Pam I agree with Jess,... can't someone do your errands for you or get curbside delivery or plain old delivery? you should not be going out.

4 dead in our province, all in the same elderly facility.

Have washed main bathroom, and my bedroom window and blinds. Curtains are airing outside. dh did paperwork this morning.

Think teletravail will be longer than just next week from what PM just told us .

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good afternoon all!

It's a beautiful day here! The skies are so blue and the sun is shining! Its 44* and the wind is COLD, but I went out with J for about 2 hours and picked up lots of branches and twigs that had fallen from the trees over the winter. Then we burned them. It's a lot of work living surrounded by the forest. o_O J raked a ton of leaves from the beds around the house, too. I also brushed Karla....her winter coat is coming out and it's a mess. I have 3 daffodils blooming today. Lots of buds and new growth of plants. If we have a few days of sun, things would really get showy. Looks like snow tonight, so that won't happen.

I should go to the deli today, but I'm thinking we can avoid it and just deal with what we have at home for now. J goes to work tomorrow, but then he will probably be working from home for a few days. I could have him pick up at Walmart tomorrow, if any times are available. H is still working at the dairy farm. School is closed for at least another week, but I anticipate that it will be closed until at least May.

Oh... I painted my toes a dark purple today. Not my usual color choice, but I like it for now.

I hear the chainsaw, so I'm going to go keep an eye on J....I hate for him to be alone while running that tool!

be blessed~

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. MrsSoup

Lisa- Great idea to paint your toenails! I think I will do the same today at some point! I have had them bare for quite a while, i'll have to dig out a fun color.
    Lucie and FS- Stay safe where you are!

I have a Christmas movie on and need to start studying math I suppose since i'm being forced to take this test in a couple days. I think i'll ask DH to take me for a motorcycle ride later so I can get some fresh air. Maybe we can go sit on North Shore where there aren't any people and whale watch for a bit.

teachermomof2 and Ahorsesoul like this.
  11. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Jess, I would cancel the test. You are very compromised at the moment and I would limit interaction with people. I also think that anyone showing any symptoms should stay at home.

12. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

good morning,
    It is cool and dark here. I am off to work, they are talking about shutting down non essential services from tomorrow but don't know if we fall into that category as we are health related. Hopefully the boss will shed some light on this.
    I just want to get to work, do what I need to do and get home.

I hope that you are all safe and well
    xoxo

13. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Jessica, Did you tell them you symptoms? If not let them decide what you should do. Wasn't sure if I read something about why you wanted to change the date.

I did get one window cleaned and privacy film on it. It took me a while since I was working alone. Best way to do it if the window is not large.

teachermomof2 likes this.
  14. MrsSoup

I can't get ahold of a live person. It is an automated system where you leave a message right now due to the influx of calls. :( And of course, they are closed on the weekend. I will try again tomorrow to contact someone through the telephone or possibly through their chat feature which I just noticed they had today. I will also send an email. For now, i'm studying just in case. I'm not sure how to even cancel it at the moment as it doesn't give me the option to do anything online anymore since it's so close to test day.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  15. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

That is so frustrating for you and on top of that you are not feeling well. Hang in there.

MrsSoup likes this.
  16. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning everyone! Quiet day here, working on setting up my work office to start teleworking tomorrow. So far, I've taken the laptop, mouse, and keyboard out of the bag but don't feel motivated to do much else. Cleaned the kitchen yesterday, added some disinfectant to my diffuser as I saw others recommend and practically couldn't breathe for the fumes (no hazardous chemicals, just thyme oil and some citrus) so I guess I added too much! Will have to rinse out the diffuser and look for the post so I get the right measurements. Talked to Vic, pretty much business as usual in Okinawa, no cases among the military, dependents, civilians, or contractors although there are three cases out in the community. I added the Naval Hospital there to my pages to follow on Facebook. The only real changes are that no new families are coming to the island and there are travel restrictions for people there. Sophia is spending a lot of time at the barn - she's exercising a couple of horses and she's never happier than when she's in the saddle. I'm binge-watching Ozark on Netflix as Season 3 comes out on March 27. It's Mother's Day in the UK, is it the same in Australia and Canada?

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  17. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

evening. picked up 2 puzzles at MIL's house. I think I'll set up 'play stations' for me at the house.. why not .. alone most of the time.

A puzzle station, a knitting station, a writing station, a reading station, etc...

we took a short walk this afternoon and chatted with 2 neighbors... leaving a big distance between us. then we sat outside for awhile. DH talked to MIL. she is being set up in residency and we can't even help her ease into it (she was so AGAINST that idea). she did say she was ok, they were nice and she had slept well and ate well. DH had a meltdown moment at some point for about 2 minutes... he is tired.. working even more hours than usual and every night with his sisters on the phone and taking care of his mom. I told him he had to rest or he'll get sick.

been trying to convince dd to come, she's all alone in her town.. but she's afraid because dh is still working. told her to go spend a few days at her brother's then. the extended the invitation too. don't know what she'll do.

Received a message from Dell ... my computer has shipped! hoping it won't be too long to get here.

baking muffins for dh.
    Had roastbeef, mashed potatoes, gravy and carrots for supper.

Ahorsesoul and teachermomof2 like this.
  18. girlsinmo

girlsinmo Well-Known Member

Hi all, glad to see everyone is doing the best they can with all that's going on. Trying to stay update but take breaks for the good of my mental health as well. Take care everyone..

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  19. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Evening!

I am showered and ready for bed, but have to pay some bills.

Today was kinda a bust. I did get the dresser put into her room and cleaned out other drawers and then I made banana bread, started getting supper ready and watched parts of Christmas movies here and there.

Jaymee and Teigan came for supper then Allen and Jaymee ran to storage. No body is there so it was away from people. From the start Jaymee and Teigan has been in and out of here so that is the only place Teigan is going. Jaymee still works so around some people.

Sun came out late this afternoon but really was pretty shining.

Sleep tight my friends.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  20. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Well-Known Member

Having a hard day here. I am missing my kitties Myron and Sebastian so much today. It started yesterday when I thought I saw Sebastian head down the front hall. Miss my boys.

Enjoyed our Rambo movie last night. There was a lot of graphic violence so I spent part of the time with my head turned away. But the story line was pretty good. Tonight is men in black 3 and angel has fallen. Then we might start Jessie stone.

Worked on the tree skirt again today, will finish tomorrow. Then I need to clean. And make chocolate cake. Then get working on Christmas quilts.

Lisa, I need to paint my toes since I know my mani/ pedi appointment is canceled.

Jessica, so funny how state to state varies on what is open. Our driver license place isn’t even open here, let alone a testing site. I hope that you get to feeling better soon.

Lucie, Roast beef sounds good! we had bacon cheese burgers on the grill and homemade French fries. Prayers for your family as you get your mil situated. In in the best of circumstances it’s difficult making those changes.

have a good night everyone!

Ahorsesoul and teachermomof2 like this.