rainy tuesday 10/08/19

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by housewife2, Oct 8, 2019.

1. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning

2. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

hit send to fast lol took my grandson to the bus stop. raining a little we need rain so bad. making pumpkin coffee now and muffins. have to clean my room today. have agood day

Ahorsesoul and luludou like this.
  3. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning!

I should have hauled my carcass out of bed three hours ago, but instead I went back to sleep and woke up to just lie here. This is not getting my work done! I am so lazy. I need to get to the post office to mail a bill. But first I need to get dressed and buy stamps! Lol

Don't know what all I will do today. Just remembered I need to get my license plate, too. I shouldn't be spending any more money. And I need to go get some groceries!

Mother Nature is shouting at me, so I had better see what the old girl wants. Enjoy your day, and remember to be safe and be blessed!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Looks like we may get some rain today. I think I will take DD to get her hair cut at the NEX. She wants to get a good 4-5 inches off, she needs to. I need to work on schoolwork and try to get a good amount done. I have PT later this morning and then DD has an Ortho appointment for her foot later this afternoon. We can do the haircut in between I think. I haven't been doing my exercises, clam shells and calf stretches, for PT. :oops: Honestly, I forget. I need to set alarms on my phone I guess. I will going forward.

DD said the water in their bathroom was hot last night when she showered. I don't understand how it's not in our bathroom. Doesn't make sense. Not sure if I should call maintenance back or what.

Faye- I'm having pumpkin spice coffee too!
    Hi Pam!

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Hello! I'm having trouble staying awake today. Guess I didn't sleep very well.

This Doll in the Hall thing is wearing thin. DD gets it set out just fine, and then one of the kiddoes hides it. They are convinced the other is setting it out. I had to bribe dgs the other night - I would give him a sweet roll if he gave me the doll. Then it disappeared all day yesterday, to reappear this morning. Now it's gone again - dgd said she hid it where her brother can't find it. DD asked if I had seen it (I didn't) - she made it look even scarier than it naturally is. I think the joke is on DD and me, spending hours every day trying to find it. I tore apart dgd's bedroom this morning - I can't imagine where she hid it.

I have bean soup in the crockpot, I'll bake cornbread to go with it. I need to go buy stuff to make green salad - and that will be dinner tonight. Think it's time to invest in some apple cider too. Yum.

Have a great day!

luludou and MrsSoup like this.
  6. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Afternoon!!!!

Went to see Aunt Imogene this a.m.. Home looked up the Pioneer Italian Sloppy Joes on garlic bread to make for supper with slow cooked potaotes (yummy), salad and will do frozen peas.

Then raced to my hair appt. thinking it was 12 and it was 12:30 so I got in and out. Got a wax too.

Now home digging out more craft items to do for Christmas. Might see if mom will come out and help tomorrow on it. Maybe I will have her for supper tonight.

Last night Teigan stayed and we were outside playing and she wanted to go to the swingset but we stopped by the fish pond first and she wanted to see if she could catch a fish with net (she is pretty good at catching them) and she fell in. It was fast and she stood up crying (from the surprise of it) and I couldn't keep from laughing after I knew she was okay. So in we came and stripped down and into the tub we went. I called sis (Jaymee) and was laughing so hard yet. Teigan was laughing about it when she told gpa and Uncle Ryan. She even called the other gpa and told him laughing.

Apple cider sounds good.

I better move along.

Ahorsesoul and MrsSoup like this.
  7. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Wednesday here and it will be a busy one of sorts. I need to do my grocery list for tomorrow. Don't need too much for DH and I as we will be on holidays but will need some supplies for DS who will be home.
    I have a hair appointment at 10 for a cut and colour and if the past is anything to go by I will be there for at least 3 hours. I will take some craft to work on.
    Then home and pack for DrillDance and decide what to do for dinner.

Lana, glad that Teigan is OK. That will be a story that she will remember for a long time.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

OH...looks like everyone is having a good day. I have been MIA due to being sick (trying to catch up) and still not feeling 100%. I am going to lady doctor tomorrow. Hopefully she can figure out what ails me.

Hubby is coming back from his job in the mountains. I am so over this job. We barely get project started and he has to go out of town. He put in a bid for a different job but they are dragging their feet.

Anyone here have thyroid issues?? I am in misery. I am freezing cold all the time and have suddenly gained weight. I am also loosing my hair slowly. Some mornings before I cut it I was taking out small handfuls. I know we normally shed hair but I don't think this much. My thryoid levels are in the normal range. I think the test is broken. Enough of my woes.

Hope everyone has a great rest of the day. I am going sit on my back end. I have started to update the family directory and wow is it a lot of work.

9. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

So sorry you are not feeling up to par.

Yes, I have thyroid issues with levels within the norm. My blood tests were low normal levels and I had other signs of low thyroid. Dry skin, low blood pressure, cold to the bones, dry hair so a smart doctor told me that I should go on thyroid medication. Most of them made my heart race so now I am settled on Armour Thyroid, which works well for me. The best thing is I am no longer freezing all the time.

Doctors forget that the "normal" levels are just that. It's an average of many people so my low might be your high level. To me if you have symptoms they should try you on some medication even if your blood level is within the normal limits. Not everyone fits into one size fits all even in the medical department.

10. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Evening!

I didn't get hardly any schoolwork done today. My bestie called and talked for 2 hours this morning about all the drama in her neighborhood and with our mutual friend. Turns out a lot of what I was told by our mutual friend was embellished and I didn't get the whole story, so i've been upset for two days over nothing. o_O Annoyed doesn't begin to describe it.

I had PT and my ankle has been hurting all day. DD and I went to try to get her hair cut but we couldn't make the times they had available so made an appointment for tomorrow morning. Then we stopped at Starbucks and came home to deliver the boys drinks and then went back out to her appointment. No boot and no MRI yet. We're going to wait and see. She is to keep a log of her pain so we can see if it's consistent. If so, then she can wear the boot and I will call and the doctor will put in the MRI. She screened her for scoliosis and found that the right side of her back sits higher than her left when she is bent over. So she took us straight to xray. We came back to the room after and she pulled up the xrays. DD has mild scoliosis, nothing to do about it but repeat xrays in 6 months to make sure there hasn't been any change. She is almost in her adult skeleton so she doesn't anticipate that there will be any changes or that she will have any issues with it.

For those talking about thyroid issues. My mom has Hashimoto's. I have a lot of the same symptoms that she does but my numbers are always normal. I lose tons of hair in the shower every time I wash my hair, not to mention what's in my brush, i'm always cold, tired, dry skin (but I don't drink enough water either). I'm sure there's more but I don't remember at the moment.

I better get busy doing something!

11. happy2bme

happy2bme Well-Known Member

It is late and I will be heading to bed soon. We got some more snow overnight and throughout the day. Driving to work was a nightmare, I should have turned back, but it was safer to keep going. We are supposed to get a few more flurries tomorrow and then it warms up again. The roads are wet and it is supposed to drop to below freezing tonight, so I am expecting another fun drive to work in the morning, this time with icy roads.

Can't wait...

luludou likes this.
  12. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Well-Known Member

Cmerth, I’m hypothyroid. I run best when my levels are at the high end of normal. We have had a hard time keeping me there without making me hyperthyroid, which isn’t good either. Have they done any other work ups on you? I also had a panic low vitamin D level. I would suggest ,if I may ,to track your symptoms. Monitor your weight gain, any symptoms that that you can record dates and times. And gather up all your lose hair and take it with you to the doctor. I have found I get better results when I go if I have documentation and visual examples.

Ahorsesoul likes this.