Rainy Wednesday February 6th, 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Misted around all day yesterday and started raining when I got off at 5 and still raining.

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Our driveway is a mess and now more rain. Could be a mix this weekend.

Teigan and I played with her magnatiles last night. I would get it so big and boom she would knock it down.

Work today.

I think Allen will go pick up the hog we had butchered. Brought it from a guy.

Have a GREAT day!

3. Lori K

Lori K Member

We dodged the bullet -- no ice this morning. For most of the evening, we stayed above freezing. And all the prep work the road crews did in anticipation of freezing rain have paid off. :) Have a wonderful day, everyone!

4. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Lana- Sorry you're getting all the rain!
    Lori- Glad the weather missed you!

I woke up in the night with a headache again. It doesn't seem as bad now that i'm out of bed. I hope it stays this way. Tank was shaking his head a lot early this morning and making a racket, may need to make him an appointment. He did this in South Carolina too and had to get ear drops. I'll try wiping his ears out today and see if that helps. Needless to say, I didn't sleep well.

Today is DH's birthday! Not sure what we are doing for dinner. I asked him last night and he still hasn't decided. I will be at home all morning waiting for maintenance to come and do the preventative maintenance checks around the house and baking DH's birthday cake. I will also work on studying for the Praxis today. I have one more module to go to finish up my work for this week in my class but I can do that tomorrow. Praxis is more immediate right now. I think i'll review my study guide I bought and then try an online practice test in one of the subjects, maybe reading or math, to see how I do. I need a baseline.

Enjoy your day!

Lori K likes this.
  5. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning all.

Jess, I woke with a headache too, it has been happening a lot lately.

Baking today at my mum's house. We are doing a lemon drizzle cake, some caramel cookies and are going to try a fluffy peppermint pie. If we like the pie we will add it to the Christmas menu for this year. Will see how it goes.
    A meeting this afternoon with a friend will be nice. I was meant to have dinner tonight with friends but 1 had something else come up so we have delayed it until next week so not sure what will be for dinner now.
    Better get the day started.
    Much love to you all,

6. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

We did get the freezing rain. The trees west of me are covered with ice. It is quite beautiful. I debated whether or not to do my volunteer duty today and decided to do it.( I wasn't sure how the others drivers were going to behave with the ice about) It was a fun day for me. I have one little guy that begs to help me with the clean up.

As soon as I got home I swallowed pain medication for the teeth were really hurting. Root canal was moved to this Friday so I am trying hard to get through this.

Not much planned for the rest of the day. I'll see what I get into.
    Lana and Lori, we all live in the same state and yet we all deal with different weather at the same time. Interesting.
    Jess and Katrina, headaches are such a bother, hope you are both doing well now.

Have a good evening.

Lori K and Lana like this.
  7. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

I made DH's cake first thing this morning, just need to ice it still. I cleaned up the laundry room and got started on the house while waiting for maintenance to come. I ran Alice and the dishwasher, wiped counters and the table, studied a little, cleaned part of our bathroom (toilet and sinks) and then cleaned the kids sink and toilet and part of the floor, emptied both trashcans. I made a list for the kids of things that need to be done around here that aren't done often but that need doing now that they can do to earn some money. I wrote it out in detail of how I want it done. Things like the stair railings, lightswitch plates, doors, baseboards, windowsills, etc. We'll see who jumps at the opportunity first and earns money. I have a pretty good idea.

DH's Company sang him Happy Birthday in formation this morning. He wasn't expecting it but the Commander (who is on emergency leave) sent a text to one of the Platoon Sergeants and the XO. Nice of them. He's still trying to decide on dinner tonight. LOL

I suppose I should get back to studying, the kids will be home before long.

Katrina- The baked goods sound delicious, especially the pies!
    Jody- Glad your root canal is this week!

8. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! It has been a great day weatherwise - just around 80* and and low humidity.

I got moving real early - went to Target, Home Goods, Walmart and Staples. Got odds and ends. Had pizza for lunch. Read a bit in the afternoon and tried to nap but it didn't work. Might try scrapping this evening.

Tomorrow DH and I go to the Fair - weather looks good and the pig races are always fun:)

Katrina - so glad that things when well at the doctor
    Jess - so where did you go for dinner???? Nice about the birthday song.
    Jody - hope you can be strong until Friday for the root canal
    Lana - did you get the hog?
    Lori - glad they prepped for the worst and nothing happened

Lori K likes this.
  9. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Evening! was another busy day, will be the same all week as the mvements of personnel will be next wednesday& thursday... almost 400 people! 4meetings today and 2 tomorrow, might skip one and WORK.

supper and dishes are done. will watch a little tv and go to bed early.

Night

10. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Allen is going tomorrow to get the hog. Teigan wants her and me to stay home!

11. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Evening all MHHers

I left after lunch for Mayo in Rochester. I was here just before 3pm. The roads were a little sloppy in the Twin Cities but were dry and clear of ice. I walked around the shopping area in the Mayo building until my room was ready. Then I worked on my recipe book until it was time to go to Victoria’s for dinner which was wonderful. I ate about a fourth of the dinner and a few bites of a gluten-free chocolate mousse cake. Excellent. Now I’m watching tv. Very low key and quiet.

I did talk to some people who drove down from the Twin Cities this evening. They said the roads are getting icy. Driving home tomorrow isn’t sounding too promising. I have an early appointment in the morning. If they do not need to do testing I’ll see how clear the roads are before deciding if I’m staying. There is a snow storm heading the way.

Sleep tight.

12. MrsSoup

Evening!

We ended up at Chili's. Our food took a while to come out but it was good overall. I did ask for a margarita at one point and never got it, I decided not to ask again. Such is life. We came home and did cake and DH opened his present. He's putting his telescope together now. I got him a Celestron Powerseeker 127EQ Telescope. Of course, it's rainy and cloudy tonight here and supposed to be crappy until after the weekend. Maybe there will be a break in the clouds at some point.

I'm tired and ready for bed!

Diedra- Do be careful if you decide to drive home tomorrow!
    Debbie- You got a lot done today!

13. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Jess, it sounds like DH had a great day.

Basking at my mum's was good. The fluffy peppermint pie was a hit and DH said it was perfect, think we will be adding it to the list for Christmas. If anyone want s to try it let me know and I will jot down the recipe.
    Went to a DrillDance meeting after baking and was on my way home and decided to pick up McDonalds for dinner.
    An evening spent knitting and just relaxing. Turned on the aircon at about 9pm as it suddenly got hot.
    Will do some more cleaning/decluttering tomorrow, I think I will tackle the pantry and fridge.

luludou likes this.