Reading Log 2017

Discussion in 'The Book Nook' started by happy2bme, Jan 2, 2017.

1. happy2bme

happy2bme Well-Known Member

New year, new books!!

Let's share what we are reading.

2. happy2bme

My first book of the year was The Dressmaker.

I have never been so annoyed by a book EVER. I liked it and hated it all at the same time. I really enjoyed the ending and not because it meant I was done with the book.

Has anyone read this book?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  3. Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom Active Member

Mel, "The Dressmaker" is a new title to me. I'm curious to hear what other's say.

I'm currently reading "The Family Tree Guide to DNA Testing and Genetic Genealogy." I love researching my family history because no one knew my family history until I researched it. :D I've ventured in DNA testing this year and this is helping me to understand the science aspect better. It is slow reading for me but I am enjoying it.

4. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I'll have to take a look at this book.

I'm off to see if I can order the Dressmaker. My curiosity has been peaked.

Oh, Mel, who's the author?

5. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

My first book for the year is Heaven Preserve Us by Cricket McRae. It's the second book in a series. I'm also about to start The First Time She Drowned by Kerry Kletter for my book club and I have Redeemed by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast, the last one in the House of Night series, on ebook loan from the library as well.

6. tanya

tanya Well-Known Member

I have just finished Mount by Jilly Cooper- complete trashy fiction- but great to enjoy on the beach. Not a single word of truth in the entire novel but easy to read and fun- no concentration required!

7. happy2bme

Diedra - the author is Rosalie Ham

Tanya - I like books like that!

8. AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle Well-Known Member

Starting off this year with Portrait of a Lady by Henry James - only read a little so far but I like it. The writing is very well done!

9. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Thanks Mel. Have it ordered.

10. JeniferDwn

JeniferDwn Member

I got several new books for Christmas.
    Fantastic Beasts and Where to find them - halfway through
    The 12 days of Christmas - Debbie Macomber - finished and loved!
    The Mistletoe Promise - Richard Paul Evans - finished and loved
    The Mistletoe Inn -- Richard Paul Evans - just started
    and I also got a "life Hacks" book that is fun to flip through

11. happy2bme

JeniferDwn - I have read the Debbie Macomber and Richard Paul Evans books and loved them too!

JeniferDwn likes this.
  12. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

I read the Debbie Macomber book too. I love anything that she writes.
    I need to read more this year, I only read about 5 or 6 books last year. Time to put down the electronics at night and pick up a book.

JeniferDwn likes this.
  13. p.a.

p.a. Active Member

I've been looking for a good book for a long time and downloaded The Nightingale. I saw a lot of you had read it,,,it got to the point I couldn't put it down and when I wasn't reading it I was thinking of it.
    I know it will be one of my top 5 books of all time.

14. happy2bme

Patti - I just ordered The Nightingale from the library, can't wait to read it.

15. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I ordered the Nightingale from the library. Seems to very popular since I'm on a waiting list. Usually the e-books have smaller waiting list but not this time.

16. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

I finished where would I be without you by Guillaume Musso. I like books by that author

17. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Mel, who is the author please?

18. happy2bme

Katrina - the author is Kristin Hannah.

19. winters momma

winters momma Member

I read Unwrapping Christmas by Lori Copeland. It was a good book. Very, very easy read. I read the book in about 2 hours. I read the Hexed by Heather Graham, also a good book. I started a second book by Graham, but I can't finish reading it.

20. DahliaDoll

DahliaDoll Well-Known Member

Over the holidays I read "Ordinary Grace" by William Kent Krueger, which I really liked.
    Then "Winter Stroll" by Elin Hilderbrand. I usually like this author, but this book not so much.
    I'm currently reading "The Trespasser" by Tana French.