Reading Log 2017

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Have those of you reading The Nightingale read other books by Kristin Hannah? She's a Northwest author, which I my neck of the woods, and I've enjoyed every book of hers that I've read. I haven't read them all, because I'm trying to space them out a bit. Anyway, if/while you're waiting for The Nightingale, you might be interest in trying one of her other books.

p.a.

Premiere Member
Oct 31, 2007
I'm looking for more of her books,,,thanks

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Then "Winter Stroll" by Elin Hilderbrand. I usually like this author, but this book not so much.

I am getting ready to start this one this evening. I really liked the first two books in the series.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
So many great ideas here. Will have to see if my library stocks some of these

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I am currently reading All the Light we Cannot See by Anthony Doerr.
A co-worker challenged me to read 24 books this year- doubling what I said I would.
Challenge Accepted!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Katrina ~ I check out nearly 100% of my books through the library's digital website and download it to my Kindle (or Nook when I was using that format). It's really great, and they have just about everything I want to read. I usually have to be on a waiting list, but in the meantime, I'm reading something else that I've check out. They actually come in faster than I can read them.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
My first book of the year was The Dressmaker.

I have never been so annoyed by a book EVER. I liked it and hated it all at the same time. I really enjoyed the ending and not because it meant I was done with the book.

Has anyone read this book?

I'm about a third of the way into the book. I agree with your thoughts so far.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I saw the movie "The Dressmaker" and did not like it. I am sure that the book will be the same.
Have ordered 3 books from the library so as soon as they get here I will start. I also have "Simple Abundance" to read. So at the moment I am spoiled for choice.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I finished Heaven Preserve Us and The First Time She Drowned and then realized when I started reading Redeemed that I had already read it before. So I returned it and am now reading Looking for Mr. Good Witch by Joyce and Jim Lavine and Dead Wrong by Leighann Dobbs. It's the first in the Blackmoore Sisters series.

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Annie, that is a great challenge.

I'm reading 'I was his little prisoner' from Jane Elliot - not sure if I've already read it or not... guess I'll know at the end! It's about child molestation... hard to read.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I finished Winter Storms, the third and final book in the Winter Street Trilogy. I enjoyed it very much.

Next is a biography!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I checked out 4 books from the library yesterday and will take 2 with me today.
i have got The Christmas Lamp by Lori Copland and Home Front by Kristin Hannah. I am on the waiting list for The Nightingale.
I also ordered the book by Marie Kondo that everyone is talking about, The Life Changing Magic of Tidying. I am #30 on the waiting list for that!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I just finished Sweet Dreams Are Made of This: A Life In Music by Dave Stewart of Eurythmics.

It was fantastic. I finished it last night and actually felt sad when I was done. I wanted to keep reading more of his great stories.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Finished the 'Cursed child' , last of the H.Potter series. It's a play but I still loved it! wish JK Rowlings had put more details in and made big bricks of that last book.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I picked up Turbo Twenty-Three by Janet Evanovich at the library yesterday and finished it today. I'm still working on the two other books that I was reading before.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I am reading some Christmas stories. Back in November when I went to a Bazaar they had nothing that really interested me besides books. I got between 30-40 and I am enjoying them. Started them after Christmas but I enjoy them anytime.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Lana - I have two Christmas novels sitting on the shelf that I am saving for a rainy day. I enjoy a good Christmas story anytime of year!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Just finished The Christmas Lamp by Lori Copland, it is a novella so a very quick read.
Am now reading Home Front by Kristin Hannah. Enjoying it so far.

I am forcing myself to put down the electronics at nighttime and read instead. Reading is something I have enjoyed all my life and something I have missed over the past few years.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I just thought that I would post an idea that my boss did for Christmas. (not sure where to post this)

She and her family and friends (all adults) did a gift exchange that I thought was a little different.
They all wrapped a book that they had read during the year and really enjoyed. They then all put the wrapped books under the tree and
took turns to pick a book.
I thought that this was great because not only are you recycling, but you get to read another great book.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
That's a great idea Katrina!