Reading Log 2017

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
WOW just finished "The Nightingale:" a very good book I will look for more of her books online.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I finished The Boston Girl and have started Moon Shell Beach.

I need to review my "books read" list and see what Kristin Hannah books haven't read yet.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
i just started reading The Waiting. It is a true story of a woman that gave up her baby at 16 and was reunited very much later in life. I am looking forward to it.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Am beginning a new book called A Wallflower Christmas by Lisa Kleypas, another Victorian era set in London.

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
I am reading 2 books at the moment. One is The War That Saved My Life and the other one is The Rainbow Comes and Goes- A Mother and Son on Life, Love, and Loss by Anderson Cooper & Gloria Vanderbilt.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Got a few more waiting for me at the moment, I think I went overboard ordering books from the library.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
As I was reading this afternoon a book about Nantucket in the summertime and there was a hurricane ... just then a huge thunder/lightening/rain storm struck! Quite the visual and sounds effects to accompany my reading. LOL

Reactions: sweetpumkinpye

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
As I was reading this afternoon a book about Nantucket in the summertime and there was a hurricane ... just then a huge thunder/lightening/rain storm struck! Quite the visual and sounds effects to accompany my reading. LOL
I think e-books should have sounds programmed in them. How cool.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Very cool.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I finished Title Wave by Lorna Barrett yesterday and started Rest in Pizza last night and I feel like i've already read it. I may skim ahead to make sure and then stop reading if I have and go ahead and return the library books and go ahead and start on my Nook book Spin A Wicked Web by Cricket McCrae.

I have The Nightingale on my list to read, maybe i'll pick that one up next!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
...I may skim ahead to make sure and then stop reading if I have and go ahead and return the library books and go ahead and start on my Nook book Spin A Wicked Web by Cricket McCrae.
I keep a log that I started quite some time ago of books I have read. It's quite helpful to see what I've already read. I also have a list of books I want to read that I can review when I need a new book idea. Are you able to check out library books on your Nook? That's what I do most of the time. I used to have a Nook but now have a Kindle. It's easier to download library books on a Kindle than a Nook though. Unless something has changed recently.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am reading at the moment a book called "The $50 a week shop" It is quite interesting and gives lots of recipes on foods that you can make and save money.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I keep a log that I started quite some time ago of books I have read. It's quite helpful to see what I've already read. I also have a list of books I want to read that I can review when I need a new book idea. Are you able to check out library books on your Nook? That's what I do most of the time. I used to have a Nook but now have a Kindle. It's easier to download library books on a Kindle than a Nook though. Unless something has changed recently.

I keep a yearly list on my phone and then email it to myself. I need to create a folder in my email to keep my lists though so I don't have to search through thousands of emails to find it. LOL I don't keep one master list. I should. I do keep a list of books I want to read on my phone so I can easily reference it if i'm at the library or a bookstore. A list of my favorite authors as well.

I have had a hard time getting library books on my Nook for some reason. I used to be able to and now I can't. The file type never wants to transfer so I can't read them. I can read them on my laptop but not on my Nook which really stinks because i'm not hauling my laptop around. I don't have a Kindle but I do have the app on my laptop and my phone. I need to get the Nook thing figured out though with the library books, it would make life so much easier.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I was thinking of buying a copy of the book that I am reading now for future reading. I have discovered that the author has a blog with most of the recipes on it. I will research a bit more before making a decision.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Loved flowers in the attic!

I want to reread a series for my staycation.. I'm thinking Earth's children by Jean Auel... I used to reread it every 2 years but it's been quite awhile now

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I keep a yearly list on my phone and then email it to myself. I need to create a folder in my email to keep my lists though so I don't have to search through thousands of emails to find it. LOL I don't keep one master list. I should. I do keep a list of books I want to read on my phone so I can easily reference it if i'm at the library or a bookstore. A list of my favorite authors as well.

I have had a hard time getting library books on my Nook for some reason. I used to be able to and now I can't. The file type never wants to transfer so I can't read them. I can read them on my laptop but not on my Nook which really stinks because i'm not hauling my laptop around. I don't have a Kindle but I do have the app on my laptop and my phone. I need to get the Nook thing figured out though with the library books, it would make life so much easier.
I had that problem off and on with my Nook. I finally broke down and got the Kindle. It's worth it! So very much easier, and their help is awesome! Although the only time we needed help was when DH got his Kindle. It was a gift so was actually registered to our DD and we had trouble getting it to recognize our password to register it for DH. Got a person on the phone who just did it for us like magic!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I had that problem off and on with my Nook. I finally broke down and got the Kindle. It's worth it! So very much easier, and their help is awesome! Although the only time we needed help was when DH got his Kindle. It was a gift so was actually registered to our DD and we had trouble getting it to recognize our password to register it for DH. Got a person on the phone who just did it for us like magic!

I figured it out today! I just had to authorize the device by creating an account through Adobe Digital Editions on my computer. I had one before but something must have happened so I had to create a new one. It works now and i'm currently reading an ebook from the library on my Nook! YAY!

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
MrsSoup ~ Great news! I very rarely buy a book anymore and don't have to deal with the large hard-bound books that I would otherwise have to get from the library.