Rudolph Day June 2016

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Happy Rudolph Day!! Can't believe it's just 6 months until Christmas, this year is really flying by!

What are your plans for today? Once I get off this computer I need to do some cleaning and then hopefully spend the afternoon working on Christmas card designs and of course watching a Christmas movie. I have lots of Hallmark movies saved so will watch one of those.

Have a great day!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I need to do some Christmas stuff today. It's already too hot for me outside! lol

So frozen hot chocolate is on my list for sure. Then I want to get some a Christmas closet ready. Since we put in the carpet I haven't gotten a place ready for it yet. I think in the Studio's closet would be a good place. Out of the way and not some where that other people would be looking into.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Sounds like a great plan for the day! Way too hot here already also, so inside I shall be!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Totally forgot today was Rudy day until I logged on and saw this! Will have to figure out what bit of Christmas to incorporate today.

Feeling very much like laying in bed all day but so far I've been able to ignore the impulse...well, once I finally got moving around 10ish :)

I did a lot of deep cleaning yesterday and would like a nice treat today though - maybe we'll test out a cookie recipe or something...will report back!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I have a busy day and none of it involves Rudy Day, but plan to end the day watching a Christmas movie.

I have to switch this month's choice with October as I ordered Love The Coopers from the library quite a while ago and guess what came in this week. There are a lot of people waiting for it, so I am not sure if I will get it back again for October.

Have a great Rudy Day everyone!

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Happy Rudolph Day!

June's movie is Elf which unfortunately is not available on Netflix so I'll have to substitute something else since the TV is kaput. I decided to go with Christmas Town since I haven't watched it before. I ordered two ornaments from Etsy, gorgeous embroidered elephants, one for me and one for Sophia. She's very into Bollywood right now so I know she'll love the elephant.

I'm back on the Whole 30 so there won't be any Christmasy treats to enjoy - Vic will be coming home soon and I'm far from where I planned to be so it's time to get serious about healthy eating and working some form of exercise into my day.

My other task for today is to make a decision on my Christmas planner and get it organized. 8 1/2 x 11 binder-style or the new A5 Carpe Diem planner that arrived in the mail. Just can't make up my mind.

Have a great 25th everyone!

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
It has been a crazy day but I did manage to make a lot of people cringe when I posted the Only 6 months,
◾183 days
◾26 weeks
◾50.00% of 2016 till Christmas

I love doing this because the same ones that complain about this will most certainly be the ones complaining in December about the holidays sneaking up on them. Just trying to help them out this year. Hehehehehe!!!

I finally finished my dining room curtains which I really wanted completed before the holidays so I'm excited about this small accomplishment.

I've already seen Elf so I'll certainly make up for lost time in July when I plan on watching every Hallmark Christmas show.

On another note, I am proud that I've doubled my Wal Mart reward money just in the last few weeks. This money is used only for holiday meal purchases.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
June 25th makes me start to panic just a little bit. I know that I am doing well but it just makes me aware of how quickly time is going.

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
I spent some of the day pinning for Christmas in July. I love the end of June beginning of July, it's when I start thinking Christmas!!!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I really didn't do anything for Christmas. I did tell different ones on Friday that it 6 months until Christmas Eve. Told them I was just trying to help them.

Watched Beauty and the Breast Christmas.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Was away so did nothing, but I am on vacation this week and I plan to have a CIJ day.. probably tomorrow as they are saying RAIN :) woot woot!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
After midnight on the 24th (so technically it was Rudy Day, right?!) I bookmarked several sites for making gift tags and some stocking stuffer ideas. (Why does spell check always tell me "stuffer" is misspelled?) This week, I'll go back through all the ideas for SSers and get some ordered. I ordered two last night for DGSs.

I didn't do so well with SSers last year and want to do better this year. My kids look forward to their stockings as much or more than their gifts because I do try to put neat things in there.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Watched Holiday Inn then tried to put in Beauty and the Beast Enchanted Christmas but the evil organ in the attic freaked DS out so we turned it off :)

Watched the original movie instead - at his request! lol

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Watched Holiday Inn then tried to put in Beauty and the Beast Enchanted Christmas but the evil organ in the attic freaked DS out so we turned it off :)

Watched the original movie instead - at his request! lol

The organ is pretty creepy, isn't he? That is one of my favorite Christmas movies to watch and the original is my favorite Disney movie ever!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
The 1st 7 CIJ days are scheduled in blogger. So that was my rudy day fun for today

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
So excited luludou! :)

Mel - You know, I have never watched B&TB Enchanted Christmas before? That was my first attempt. I will be watching one night after DS goes to bed instead!

:rudolph:

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Mel - You know, I have never watched B&TB Enchanted Christmas before? That was my first attempt. I will be watching one night after DS goes to bed instead!:rudolph:
Let me know what you think of it when you are done. All this talk of it is making me want to watch it. I am hoping to be able to on Thursday!