Sassy Saturday 18 Jan 2020

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ahorsesoul, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning all MHHers

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Morning to you Diedra and All coming!

We ended up with rain. Leaving work about 3:45 yesterday ice was on my car and not roads and when home it was on my siding but then went to rain and rained all night. I think maybe high 40s to low 50s today and then cold comes in.

Worked on my room some last night and hope to wipe it out this week-end. Shall see. No place to go with some of it and need a few totes.

Have a GREAT day everybody.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

All is well at our house.
    Last night Eva’s vet called. No diseases showed up on her tests. Good but still doesn’t explain the diarrhea. I ordered a special dog food that was recommended by Internal Medicine who the vet had consulted. Ordered on Chewy. Within 3 hours Chewy had called the vet for the prescription and had shipped the food. Excellent customer service. We will see what happens.

The big snow that was predicted did not happen here. Just a few inches over night. A lot of the neighbors have their drives and walks shoveled but not Dh. He’s on his computer. Funny that the neighbors are older than him. The couple next door to us were out at 6:30 doing their walk, driveway and their huge back deck and around the hot tub. The use the hot tub year around even with snow coming down. Gives me chills just thinking about it.

DD is still not up. I found her a new wrap around night mask. She says it makes her sleep more.

Enjoy the weekend.

teachermomof2 likes this.
  4. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Morning all!
    Coooold here today! -23 again. We're just going to bunker down. DH has the vehicle at work so the kids are skipping their lessons today....not doing a 40 minute walk with a 3-year-old in those temps.
    We didn't get much snow yesterday, but it was still a snow day because the roads were so bad. NFLD got 75 cm overnight on top of the 1 m they already had. That's about 5 and a half feet! They should have have about 6 feet, 5 inches by time the snow ends tomorrow. That's just crazy. There are people stuck inside their houses because the snow is up over all their doors. I hope everyone there stays safe and emergency crews are able to get to all who need it and they get the power back on soon.
    We're in for a storm tomorrow, but it should be over by tomorrow afternoon, so not likely to cancel school on Monday.
    Cleaning and organizing here.
    Have a great day all.

Ahorsesoul - I hope you figure things out with your dog. It would be so much easier if they could just tell us what was wrong.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I had a migraine last night so napped on the couch before and after dinner and then went to bed after taking my meds. DH made delicious homemade chicken tenders for dinner, everyone ate them except Eli. Our entire house smells like grease now but it was worth it. Might need to look into an air fryer. Doesn't someone here have one, do they work well? I can't stand the grease, ick! I don't fry anything, it usually goes in the oven when I make things like that, but he fried in oil on the stove.

We have to do 10 more turns for Eli's expander and then we can stop. He is to go back in a week but they will be at convention so he will go back on the 28th and get his face mask to wear at night. His upper jaw has already pulled forward some just with the expander so I need to research and see exactly what the face mask is supposed to do. Just curious.

I work 9-5 today and then am going out for girls night. I don't plan on having but one, two at the most, drinks. I don't want to feel bad tomorrow and that may even provoke a headache but I hope not. They will be drinking much more i'm sure but I won't be pressured. It will be a long day for me and i'll be tired. I don't plan on staying out late. DH will drive me and pick me up. It's my last long shift! I have all next week off and then my availability changes so I only work mornings on the weekends. Yes! I had to have my boss fix it yesterday because the new schedule came out and it wasn't fixed, but she changed it so all is well.

Lana- Glad there wasn't too much ice! I hope you get your room done like you want!
    Diedra- That's awesome about Chewy. I tried to order through them but they don't ship to Hawaii so will have to wait until we move back to the mainland. I have heard great things about them. Glad Eva is all clear.
    FS- I don't blame you, I would stay home too.

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul and teachermomof2 like this.
  6. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

It's snowing and blowing outside, but nothing like expected. The freezing rain is what will be troublesome, along with the wind. We are expecting about an inch of ice. That's a lot!

Didn't sleep well...Karla was whining again all night. I'm not quite sure what her issue is at night because she has water and has been put out. It's been worse since H left for school again. Don't know if it's related or not. My arthritis is giving me fits, too.

I'm working on laundry. M and I listened to a lot of songs this morning to pick out a song for her tap solo. Then we looked at costumes for her dance. o_O oy! I think we have a song...and maybe a costume. Now it's onto bill paying, then a shower and maybe I'll do some sewing....I need to hem M's competition tap costume. I'm not experienced at hemming. Wish me luck! I had hoped to go to Sam's Club today, but the weather is not cooperating. J is working on packaging sauerkraut at the farm today. I'm not sure how long that will take.

Thinking of the victim in the murder/suicide as they lay him to rest today. :(

Lana...hope you are able to get your room done this weekend!
    FS...I'd stay home too! That is cooolllddd!
    Jessica...not too much longer with the expander turns! Enjoy your night out!
    Deidra...may just be a food sensitivity. Hoping the new food helps Eva.

Have a blessed day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. girlsinmo

girlsinmo Well-Known Member

Good day all. Temp is 59 here right now but will be dropping this evening. We're all just lazing around today. Please be careful in the snow, ice and cold.

Jess I have an air fryer and love it.DD & DGD got it for me for my 60th bday. I don't cook as much as I used to. If you like to cook in the oven I believe you'll like an air fryer. I would say the food isn't quiet baked or fried it's somewhere in between but delicious. I love AF hamburgers. Whatever kind you get you'll have to learn how yours cooks. What I mean is you'll have to figure out your temps on it. For example a recipe may call to cook for 10 minutes at 350 but as you experiment you'll notice if that is enough time for yours or its too much or too little time. I hope that makes sense.. Lots of videos on YouTube. Mine is a Farberware. Have fun

Hope everyone enjoys their day..

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! It's sunny and very pleasant out today. Seems like the humidity went down which is nice.

Did some scrapping yesterday and then cleaned up most of my scrap stuff. Then DH and I had the crab and shrimp dinner that they do at MacDill every Friday night - worth it! Then home and knitting. Started watching Star Trek Discovery and will see if it is something to binge on. All DH likes to do is watch reruns of Blue Bloods. Good show but I am getting tired of it!

Might do a little shopping today. I have coupons for B&N and Staples and they are both in the same general direction. Chinese food for dinner?

Jess and FS - I feel so bad at what your kids are going through. I was fortunate in loving school and having friends all the way through college but if you don't it sure makes things tough, I hope that by working with the kids and their teachers you can find a way to help them
    Diedra - glad that Eva is well
    Lana - good working on your room
    Tricia - enjoy your lazy day
    Lucie - stay warm!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Good morning. I miss the snow, and then I see pictures on the news...and I really don't miss it. Stay warm!

Dgd had a gymnastics competition yesterday. She placed 4th all around - definitely better than last week. She can't shake her sciatica, so dd took her to a chiropractor yesterday. Her hip was out of alignment, so the doc worked on that and cracked her spine. None of us have ever been to a chiropractor, so we were nervous - but if he helps her back pain, that's great.

We went back to the animal shelter last night and picked up bunny #2 - Hershey. Both rabbits had the zoomies, so they got locked up in separate cages for the night. They were just neutered - you would think they would want to stay quiet.

We're going to online school the kids next year, for 8th grade. They are in an excellent stem school - but there's too much commute time, and with gymnastics & swim there's no time for homework. Their older brother did online school for high school - it was great.

I need to get busy. Have a great day!

MrsSoup and Ahorsesoul like this.
  10. happy2bme

happy2bme Well-Known Member

Good morning,

FS & Jess - I understand the struggles of public school and will always be thankful for being able to home school my kids for 8 years. It was hard work, but so worth it.

We woke up to -37 with the windchill, things are supposed to warm up tomorrow. K is at work for the day and I have done a workout. I will have a shower and get working on my list.

Have a great day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning all,
    Sunday here and not too much on the agenda.
    DH, DSIL and I spent yesterday cleaning their fathers house. OMG. I did the bathroom and the toilet room, DH did the laundry and the wide back verandah that leads to the bathroom. DSIL did the front room and their fathers bedroom and then we all worked on the kitchen.
    I tossed 4 garbage bags full of bottles and cans from the bathroom and gave it a good clean. The monetary value of what I threw out was amazing.
    I lost count of how many garbage bags we got out in total. All of his clothes are packed and they are in the front room, there must 15 or 16 large bags full of clothes, we are not sure if they are clean or not so will decide what to do with those another day. DH father will be coming home from hospital on Thursday so hopefully there will be no screaming and ranting because we have gotten rid of some stuff, it was the only way he would have been allowed home.

MrsSoup and Ahorsesoul like this.
  12. sweetpumkinpye

I started on my new medication yesterday and so far I am not too pleased. I suffered with nausea and vomiting all day yesterday and into last night, On a positive note, I do not have any appetite at all and the thought of food makes me feel ill. I did have breakfast this morning but only a small portion of what I would normally have.
    These tablets cost $260 Aus so I am not sure what to do if they do not work for me. Yesterday was the worst I have felt in a long time but feel like I have to persevere.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello again

Deb - I bet everyone is excited about the new bunny
    Jess - interesting that Eli and the teacher both tell such different stories
    Katrina - marvelous job for DFIL. DS and I had to do that for DFIL too
    Mel - so cold!

DH and I got our passport photos taken. It took three tries to get mine right for some reason. Had a snack at Panera, went to B&N where I got 4 books on sale with gift cards and then got Chinese for dinner. Now I believe that I will knit. Tomorrow I will finish my packing as I head off to Las Vegas for my meetings on Monday.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. sweetpumkinpye

Deb, it is a big job. A lot of his things have just be stored in the front room and we have closed the door. When he passes the real work will start but it will be easier as we will not have to keep anything. I think it will take several months to empty the whole house and then see if we can try to sell it.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  15. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone.

Should I tell you all that is was raining and 72° here today? It isn't staying for long because the cold is finally penetrating into our deep south. High tomorrow is upper 40s and lows near upper 20s. It will stay like that for most of next week.

DH and I got the first coat of paint on the walls in the living and dining room of the new house. There was some damage to the walls from nails and where a TV connection came in years ago. We wanted to repair that before the appraisal, but the putty leaves white residue, so we decided to go ahead and paint in those rooms. They're open layout. DH rehung a door we repaired. DGS#2 came with us for a little while. Then, Mama came and stayed with him while we painted. We're at DS's house waiting for DDIL's mom to get here. She volunteered to stay tonight. DGS#2 is going hunting after church tomorrow with a family friend and staying with them tomorrow night. DS and DDIL will be back Monday night. The son of the owner of the house called last night. His mom never filed succession after his dad died, so they are going to have to take care of that so there's a clear title on the house.

I saw on the Weather Channel that there was an avalanche about 7 miles from where DD22 was working last winter in Tahoe City. I'm glad she wasn't still out there. I would have had a panic attack for sure. They sometimes went to that resort to work missions.

Diedra, I hope the change in food will help Eva. DD changed her dog's food one time without thinking about how it would affect his tummy. Poor puppy...did not sit well with his tummy!
    Lisa, wow! 1 inch of ice! That's a lot. Hope you all don't lose power. Did Carla sleep in H's room?
    Lana, how did things shape up on your room? I'm already arranging and rearranging things in the new house in my mind! lol
    Katrina, the clothes sounds like how things are at my mom's house. I don't understand the obsession with holding onto clothes. Glad you were all able (and willing) to go work together on the house. Makes it so much easier to deal with. Praying things go okay with FIL coming back home. If the new medicine is for the elevated blood sugar, you may have to call and tell them you can't take it. I had to do that with two they tried with me. There are many available for use in different medicine families. You may be allergic to this one.
    Mel, that's so cold! I don't see how K could even mange to get out in those temps.
    Jess, hope the day went fast and you're having fun with friends. I hope things work out for the kids in school. It doesn't make sense that online school wouldn't be offered wherever you live if you live in a US state.
    GrammaDeb, I hope DGD's sciatica improves. I went to physical therapy for mine and it got better. That's really going to affect her performance if it doesn't improve.
    Debbie, Panera is one of the restaurants that I really wish we had near us. The closest is about 120 miles away. What kind of snack did you get? YUM! (so I can live vicariously through you!) How you feel about Blue Bloods is how I feel about watching sports. DH will watch reruns of football games he's seen. SMH! Who does that?????
    Tricia, how is DH? I hope he's been lazing, too.
    FS, that is a crazy amount of snow! Smart to stay in with the girls. I think it's a smart idea to homeschool DD9.

DDIL's mom is on the way. Rest well, friends.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  16. sweetpumkinpye

MissJane, the medication is actually for weight loss. I am tired of being overweight and not being able to shift it. This is not a magic pill fix but I just want a kick start and see how I go. I was wondering if maybe I was allergic to this too.

missjane and Ahorsesoul like this.
  17. jampss

jampss Well-Known Member

Saturday was quiet. I crocheted and watched some Netflix shows. Two were about eating ... Game Changers and What the Health. The other was about inside of homes Amazing Interiors. I was floored with what people have done for decor!

Ahorsesoul Thinking about you and your dog. Hope the food helps.
    MrsSoup I hope Girls Night Out was nice.
    sweetpumkinpye That ... was a lot of clearing out!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  18. Lolwlias

Lolwlias Well-Known Member

Holy cannoli that's a lot of snow! Stay safe & stay warm.

Ahorsesoul likes this.