Saturday 2019-01-25 Rudy day!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, Jan 25, 2020.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning friends! have been awake since 5:00 but feel energized.

Have a great day

Ahorsesoul and jampss like this.
  2. jampss

jampss Well-Known Member

Morning luludou! And all to come!

I'm heading to my sister's, an hour and half drive away, to go hang and eat and binge TV shows. I was going to watch my Rudolph movie yesterday ... but didn't. So, I'll watch Monday when I get home!!

teachermomof2 and Ahorsesoul like this.
  3. girlsinmo

girlsinmo Well-Known Member

Good day Lucie, Jamie's and all to follow. It's 8 a.m here I am the only one awake right now. I've been awake almost 3 hours. Lots of thoughts been running through my mind. As well as prayers for many.

May your circle of love lift you up today. Have a great day all..

jampss, Pam Spaur and Ahorsesoul like this.
  4. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Happy Rudy's Day

I'm up and showered early. Dh is taking stepmother shopping today so he was needing to shower too. I knew if I didn't first I wouldn't get a shower.

DD is up early too for some reason. She wants me to sculpture her hair. She had a hair cut yesterday but isn't happy with the sides. It's a problem with her curly hair. If they do not cut it dry the curls do not get trimmed. For some reason we can't find anyone who has been trained this way. Im getting pretty good at it.

I did not finish the reports yesterday so that's my weekend plans.

Made the peanut butter fudge from the "My hundred year old House". I thought it was just ok but the others loved it. Love looking at these websites and YouTube videos.

jampss and girlsinmo like this.
  5. luludou

Vaccumed basement, put away the boxes dd returned to us (lack of space in her new appartment), last load is in dryer. Decluttered a few items.
    dh is gone to ds to bring him what we had bought for them at costco's (dog & cat food, baby wipes, and some submarines and chicken kebabs). They have a supper at friends tonight and her father is babysitting. the dog will stay at their house. we might go to dh's cousins' house in the evening for chatting.

jampss and Ahorsesoul like this.
  6. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! Back in Tampa where it is sunny and going to be in the 60's today.

Got back from Las Vegas at 5 a.m. yesterday and slept til noon. Went out for lunch and some shopping with DH and then slept on and off for most of the afternoon. Feeling pretty normal now.

The club meetings went well and it was great seeing old friends and getting to know some new ones better. One couple in particular made sure that always had rides and was included. They are now high up on my "friends" list. The only sad thing is that there are still diversity issues in the club regarding religion, race and sexual orientation. Hopefully these can be worked out quickly and easily.

Today is Gasparilla - Tampa's answer to Mardi Gras. It's fairly close to where we live so we kind of hide in the house while the pirates (Gaspar the pirate) walk pst us. We might walk down to the parade route later and get some beads. We got ham and roast beef for hero sandwiches tonight.

Katrina - congratulations on Tahleee's engagement. He sounds like a wonderful young man and it's so great that you get along so well with the future in-laws
    Jess - Hope that the treatment will make your migraines go away for good. Sorry that Chad did not make the list - hope your plans to come back to the mainland work out well. Also hope that the docs are able to treat Samuel and keep him pain free.
    Lucie - hope that the "big meeting" doesn't disrupt your work life too much - looking forward to more pictures of Xavier on FB
    Pam - loved the pictures of Rocky and Brysen!
    Jampass - have fun with your sister
    Lisa - sorry it was such a tough week. Wonder what has gotten into the kids?
    Pamela - you accomplish so much!
    Happy Rudy day to Tricia, Diedra and all who follow

MrsSoup and jampss like this.
  7. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

I know have not been to chatty this month. Not sure why. It started off rough with both DH and I having extreme colds and we both still have annoying coughs on occasions.
    Highlight has been being able to go to school and spend time with the 3 and 4 years in my friends classroom. Oh the hugs they give because they know you have been kind to them. They come from a very poor community and life can be tough.
    We got some hard news from family members this week and because it is not my story to tell I won't be able to share it here. Just know that lots and lots of prayer is needed at this time for the ramifications of this news are far reaching to many. Think of the tree roots not seen. The impact is huge. I have cried and cried and will still cry out to God for help in this.

Good news is we are heading to DS's house tomorrow for the week but leaving our return open if we are having to much love from 3 adorable little girls. Oh prayer for the immediate sale of their house in SD will be appreciated as the non-sale is very costly to them.

Thanks in advance for any and all prayers. God listens and is mighty and powerful above all circumstances.

Much love to you dear friends. You are so needed right now.

jampss, luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  8. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Katrina, I am so sorry that I missed the exciting news about the engagement! Congratulations to DD and BF! What wonderful news!

The weather is making me tired again. I slept well last night....for a change. I made a list last weekend of things I wanted to do this week. I accomplished seven things so far. Out of 19! Not a good track record. But, I have to give myself extra time because of the back stuff. So I am thankful for what I DID get done. I would like to do my bedroom today. I might get that done.

Am hoping the weather will improve enough so I can go to church tomorrow. Have not been to my church for two weeks. I have been to church, just not mine. Lol.

It has been doing the white crap all day. It will come down hard and fast and then slow down. But the ground is too warm for it to stick. A few minutes ago it was coming from the southwest. Now it is mostly straight down.

I need to empty my trash, as it has accumulated quickly this week. I was gonna make pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, but not enough oil. Sigh. John is having a friend and wife come over to his place on Thursday, and wants me to be there, too. I said I would make a dessert. I was gonna make a cake, but not enough oil. I can make a dump cake. Now all I have to do is decide apple or blueberry. I made hot chocolate mix the other day, but just a half batch. Not chocolatey enough.

Hope you all are having a great day. Stay safe and be blessed.

9. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Jody, you have my prayers. Just remember, you will always have us to be by your side.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Morning all,
    Warm and sunny here.
    DD6 and DD9 are both sick in bed.
    I can't believe I forgot about Rudolph Day! Time to watch a Christmas movie and eat one of my bags of Christmas candy :)
    Only 335 days to go.....will you be ready? ;)

Miss JoDee - I hope whatever is happening things work out as best as they can.

11. happy2bme

happy2bme Well-Known Member

Howdy,

Only a few minutes left of the morning, but better late than never, right? I have a sinus infection and the antibiotics are making me so tired. I was up early and went to the city to do the grocery shopping and run errands. Everything is put away and laundry has been started. Don't have a lot of energy, but will try to get a few more thing done around here. It has been warm all week, so the snow is almost gone and my backyard is a swamp. Ruby is having a blast running around and getting all wet and muddy, oh the life of a dog.

Have a great day!

12. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good afternoon!

It's rainy and getting colder. Almost looks like it's changing to snow showers now. We slept in a bit. Then I got up and continued to work on the laundry, paid bills, stripped the bed, did a general tidying up of the house. After I was done, J and I headed to Aldi, Walmart and the local chocolate shoppe. My tire was leaking around the bead, so we got that repaired at Walmart while we shopped. Then we stopped for lunch at a local diner. So it was our date today.

My cousin is in from NJ and it is her mom's birthday, so she invited me and my other cousin to dinner with them tonight. I'm going to meet them at Mass at the Cathedral and then we'll go in somewhere in the city. It will be nice to see them. My aunt is my dad's brother and they aren't close at all, but I keep in touch because they are the only family we have on my dad's side.

Pam...hope the weather doesn't get too bad.
    Mel...hope you feel better soon!
    Jampss....enjoy your day!
    FS...sorry to hear the kiddos are sick again...hope it passes quickly.
    Debbie...sounds like a fun party in town. Enjoy it!
    Hi Diedra and Lucie!
    Jody...sending prayers your way!

Have a blessed day!

jampss likes this.
  13. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Debbie, thank you. I think it would be very difficult if the in laws did not get on well, there is so much that we have to share. I feel like our family has doubled.

Thank you Pam,we are so thrilled for the 2 of them. So glad that they have found the one that makes them happy.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
  14. sweetpumkinpye

Good morning all.
    Sunday here and it is Australia Day.
    I was awake at 6.30 and decided to get up and go for a walk. Took Harry the dog with me and according to the app on my phone we walked 2 kilometres. Not sure if I believe that but it was a nice walk. According to the scales I lost 3 kilos last week so I was happy with that. Still have a lot to lose if I am going to look nice for the wedding.
    Not sure what we will do today, there will be BBQ'd meats and salads at some stage and I dare say a nap might also be on the agenda.

jampss, luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  15. luludou

Happy Australia day Katrina and Tanya.

I have vaccumed main floor and folded towels. Decorated the 3 tier-tray for Valentine's day but it is missing something .
    tummy aches this afternoon and evening again. so I will be relaxing with a hot bag on my stomach this evening. dh just left to visit a sick uncle.

Night

16. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Hello. The family all spent the day at dgs's swim meet. He did well in today's 3 events - took a 1st, a 2nd, and a 3rd place in his heats. He will have 3 more events tomorrow. The important thing is he shaved seconds off his times. We celebrated with pizzas (vegan), salad, and a chocolate torte.

It's not even 7:00, but I'm about ready to call it a day. Have a good night.

17. sweetpumkinpye

The afternoon is going by slowly. I have spent the morning looking through old Diabetic magazines trying to come up with a meal plan for the next week or so. I am looking a different things than DH so it will be a varied menu. Need to transfer ideas onto my shopping list. Waiting for the kids to come and pick up granddog. They bought me a fitbit for my birthday so I am just setting that up now,
    Still hoping for that nap.